Sign in to follow this  
amaza

Spin off - Pillow Recommendations

amaza

Our pillows are due to be replaced and I hate the ones we have now. Does anybody absolutely love theirs?

We have two sleeping pillows each, although I really only sleep with one. One is a cheapie from Kmart and way too soft. The other is more expensive and memory foam and although I initially did like it now I find it too hard and almost lumpy and just generally uncomfortable. The memory foam one is the one I sleep on the majority of the time but occasionally I'll try to switch it up just to see if a combination of the two is more comfortable. I realised that if I'm having to switch and change just for comfort then it's time to be rid of them both and start again. 

So, any recommendations for an amazing pillow that isn't too soft or too hard?

22Fruitmincepies

I have a latex pillow and it’s the best! I love that it’s always exactly the same shape and never gets uneven. Regular pillows annoy me so much when we go away. 

• Like 1

can'tstayaway

I like the Dunlopillows. They are latex and come in different firmness options. 

I like to sleep on the soft one and have the firm one as the extra prop when I’m sitting up in bed to read. They often go on sale at Myer which makes them more reasonably priced. They’re washable too which is important to me. 

• Like 3

José

I also like the dunlopillows

• Like 2

Winter frost

I love down/ feather pillows. Particularly king size ones.  If you call the purax factory in melbourne you can buy them directly.

• Like 2

FuzzyChocolateToes

We have latex Dunlopillos. 

• Like 1

amaza

Thank you all. It seems like latex is the way to go for the most part. I'll start looking around.

CaSPer79

I have a $25 Contour memory foam one from Bigw which I am liking right now. Used to just buy the two pack firm Tontine brand but I got a really sore neck a couple months ago and always waking up with headaches so tried something and the contour memory foam one is working.

Zippypeaks

Hubby and I have Dunlopillows - if you time it right they're often 40% off at Myer. Kids have the side sleeper pillows from Target (Target brand) and I've been really impressed with them.

MadMarchMasterchef

I just bought 2 dunopillos today on 'half price' at Harris Scarfe which was still $70 each - ouch.  But we have both been getting back and neck pain so they were recommended for that.  Supposedly they last 10 years as well which works out about what we might spend if we replaced tontine pillows as recommended over that period anyway. 

SplashingRainbows

I‘ve got a dunlopillow and I reckon it is close to ten years old. They do last. I bought the kids their own but they still love mine. 

I take mine away with me when we travel as it’s just so much better than random hotel pillows. 

• Like 1

Hollycoddle
Posted (edited)

I do firm feather pillows and replace annually.  I use quilted pillow protectors to stop the spiky feather ends poking through and to give them a more luxurious padded feel.  I've just ordered a flannelette quilt cover from Spotlight, I like my bed to feel like a warm, fluffy cloud in winter and taut, crisp cotton in summer.

Edited by Hollycoddle
  • Like 1