Lucla

Mattress recommendations

Lucla

Hi all,

I desperately need a new mattress, our current one isn’t very old and DH still loves it but I am getting constant back pain as soon as I wake up In the morning my back feels so stiff and sore. As the day goes on the pain goes away until I wake up again the next day. 
I don’t want any of those mattress in a box etc, My kids have them and they are great for them but not what I am after. Has anyone used the Melbourne company beds for backs or have other recommendations, especially if you have back problems pretty please? Our current mattress is only just on 2 years old so I need something that will last longer than that. I’m in Melbourne.

Thanks heaps!!

hills mum bec

We have a King Koil mattress that we have had for about 7 years and it's still really, really comfy.

Meepy

Also have a king coil -excellent 

~LemonMyrtle~

What sort of bed base do you have? If the mattress isn’t that old, it may be your bed. That’s what happened to us. I was sure we had bought yet another dud mattress. Then we replaced our bed, and now our mattress is awesome again.

This is our current mattress, it’s been really good. Haven’t noticed any issues (since the new bed) and it’s about 3 years old now.

https://bevmarks.com.au/content/deep-sleeper-medium

Lucla

We have a mattress and base. The base was replaced when we bought our last mattress under warranty as it was squeaky so they upgraded it to a better quality one so it’s pretty strong and sturdy I think. It’s about 7 years old I think

• Like 1

purpleblaze

Pocket spring mattress from Regal, highly recommend.

• Like 1

Jenflea

I love my King Koil!

BadCat

I had a King Koil and got to the point where it would literally take me 5 minutes to get out of bed.

Got a latex mattress.  It's brilliant.  Completely and utterly brilliant.

Let-it-go

My very expensive King Koil mattress has basically collapsed in support after 7 years which I think is fairly pathetic.  I’m desperate for a new one but getting my DH to go shopping for one is not easy.

my biggest frustration is the pillow top and not being able to flip them.  Does anyone have a Makin Mattress?  

Are latex mattresses hotter?  I’m too scared to buy one for this reason.

Froyo

Another rec for Regal Sleep Solutions. I have a 9 zone pocket spring and it's the best mattress ever. 

BadCat

I don't find my latex mattress hot at all.

I can't do memory foam because it's hot, among other reasons, but I have no problem with latex.

• Like 1

Let-it-go

Very helpful, thanks.  I was probably thinking latex is memory foam.  

BadCat

Nah, latex is more natural.  Memory foam smells bad.

• Like 1

Let-it-go

Thankyou to the OP for starting this thread.  I finally stamped my feet today and got my DH to the mattress shop (which also meant dragging kids who I bribed with Maccas for lunch after).   We have ordered a latex one with a removable latex top (Thankyou badcat), both of which can be flipped as well as rotated.  

Salesperson was very convincing in her sales pitch that you’re lucky to get 5yrs out of pillow top mattresses that can’t be flipped.  Maybe she just did a good sales job on me but since we’ve had 2 in 10years, I believe her.  Both expensive too.  This one has better last!!! 

leosmum
Posted (edited)

Watching this topic with much interest! We bought a mattress from Snooze last year, not cheap, benefit sold to us was it has different firmness on the two sides to cater separately for my DH and I with different sleeping styles and pressure preferences. 18 months in and I hate it - feel like it’s indented to our body shapes and has a massive ridge in the middle. I wake up every morning with a sore back. Feeling very cross at the money down the drain! So really thinking hard about the next mattress move. 

Edited by leosmum

bakesgirls

I have a Tempur mattress and I can't recommend it highly enough. DF had back pain for years and now he says it's pretty much gone. My in-laws have had one for almost 15 years and they say it's still the same condition now as when they bought it. It doesn't need to be flipped or turned either. They're pretty pricey though, so depending on your budget it may be something to consider if you're interested. When they have sales on, it's always a very decent sale, you can save huge amounts.

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef
Posted (edited)
On 04/07/2020 at 12:29 PM, BadCat said:

I don't find my latex mattress hot at all.

I can't do memory foam because it's hot, among other reasons, but I have no problem with latex.

It might depend on where you live - IIRC you are in Canberra which is going to be different to FNQ!

ETA- that's just off what Ive read online, I don't have a latex mattress. 

Edited by MadMarchMasterchef

Mrs Zee
On 05/07/2020 at 3:18 PM, bakesgirls said:

I have a Tempur mattress and I can't recommend it highly enough. DF had back pain for years and now he says it's pretty much gone. My in-laws have had one for almost 15 years and they say it's still the same condition now as when they bought it. It doesn't need to be flipped or turned either. They're pretty pricey though, so depending on your budget it may be something to consider if you're interested. When they have sales on, it's always a very decent sale, you can save huge amounts.

We have one too. Have had it for 4 years. We do find it a bit hot but DH has chronic back pain and just couldn't do a regular mattress. My only complaint is the pillows need replacing and we can't afford it. 

OP @Tessied has one for sale. 😂

• Like 1

Tessied
17 minutes ago, Mrs Zee said:

We have one too. Have had it for 4 years. We do find it a bit hot but DH has chronic back pain and just couldn't do a regular mattress. My only complaint is the pillows need replacing and we can't afford it. 

OP @Tessied has one for sale. 😂

OR TWO.....still not picked up 😃

• Haha 1