blackcat20

TTC July 2020

musicalmumma

Sorry, I don't think I pressed send earlier today on that previous reply. When does a plug form? I'm super hopeful for you. Maybe the discharge was plug forming? 

blackcat20

@Sweet.Peaa few things I read said you should dtd every night for three nights once you get a positive opk...

tinselfoil hat

Every night??? Who are these people with their commitment and stamina???

• Haha 3

simbacom

Hi everyone, joining in here after lurking for a couple of months 😂 fx for everyone due to test soon! 

My DH and I are about to start TTC for #2. Nervous and excited. Our DD is 10 months old and we would really like to have kids close together as we were both close in age with our siblings and see a lot of benefit. Part of me thinks we're insane, especially as I'm currently lying here next to DD in the big bed after her waking every 30mins since going to bed at 6.30! Guess she's rooming with me tonight! But hey, what's a little more sleep deprivation when you're already exhausted?

I am CD1 and third cycle after my period returning (still BF). 1st cycle was 35 days, last one was 30. Pre-baby they were usually 28-29 days fairly reliably. We got super lucky with DD conceiving the first cycle but I don't expect to be blessed with such luck 2nd time around. I'd be thrilled if we were, of course. I'm also a totally useless POAS addict, so I've purchased some ICs in preparation 😂 being on extended mat leave, I def do not have the cash to fund my addiction with FRERs like last time. 

Bring on some BFPs for July! 

simbacom
3 hours ago, Sweet.Pea said:

TMI  so skip if squeamish

No spotting yet (CD28, 13DPO), but just had a piece of dark brown discharge the size of a 5c piece after peeing. Very unusual for me, usually I get spotting when wiping, but when wiping before, no sign of blood.

I'm finding it really hard not to be hopeful and feel like I'm clutching at straws because I really want a BFP, but I think I know deep down that tomorrow or Sunday I'll get AF.

But that hope just won't go away.

If you read, thanks. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm finding the mental side of TTC hard going into double digit cycles next cycle.

@Sweet.Pea I think I saw you say you had implantation bleeding with your 1st, I had it with mine too but it was crazy early like 6dpo and it was like brown sludge. I wasn't even sure it was implantation because of the earliness and the colour/consistency, but it's really the only thing it could have been. Not a 5c piece chunk, but I'm very hopeful for you!

eigne
4 hours ago, Sweet.Pea said:

@eigne mine have fluctuated over the past 6 months, which I think is due to stress from Covid and other various things. When it started, I read other forums and that explained that subconscious stress can cause it.

Because you are stressed about trying and the TWW, that could possibly be the cause? If you are worried, definitely speak to your doctor in case someone missed something.

Have you thought about strategies to help you next cycle? I'm happy to share some of mine, which I have come up with on my own without professional advice. Another option could be to speak to a psychologist.

Always open to sharing strategies!

Work is also very stressful at the moment. I’m sure that isn’t helping! 

Sweet.Pea
9 hours ago, blackcat20 said:

@Sweet.Peaa few things I read said you should dtd every night for three nights once you get a positive opk...

That's SMEP. So you DTD every second night in your fertile window, then when you get a positive OPK, 3 nights in a row, skip a night then once more. It's supposed to help catch the egg. We did that last time and have been trying it this time.

8 hours ago, simbacom said:

@Sweet.Pea I think I saw you say you had implantation bleeding with your 1st, I had it with mine too but it was crazy early like 6dpo and it was like brown sludge. I wasn't even sure it was implantation because of the earliness and the colour/consistency, but it's really the only thing it could have been. Not a 5c piece chunk, but I'm very hopeful for you!

Welcome and good luck! First cycle is great timing.

My implantation bleeding the first time was just a few spots of fresh blood with EWCM. It wasn't much at all and I had cramping so though AF was on her way.

I've had cramping the past week, so I think AF is just on her way now. If it's not here by Monday I'll start getting excited, but after O, and even a few days before, I didn't feel like it was our month. Of course I hope it is, but I just don't feel it.

Last month I thought it was, got really excited, but of course it wasn't. 

tinselfoil hat

Welcome @simbacom! Did you get any sleep at all last night?

Sweet.Pea

CD29 14DPO and I honestly thought I would have AF this morning but not a spot.

I feel like it's coming, but my cramping etc isn't as bad as during the week. Feels like the calm before the storm, but maybe, just maybe it's the calm before a BFP.

My hope levels are on the rise, which is a worry, because the more you hope, the more disappointed you are when it arrives. See what the day/weekend brings.

I'll test tomorrow morning if no spotting or AF today.

How's everyone else feeling today?

• Like 1

blackcat20

I feel like I'm stuffed, more pink than I would call spotting this morning. If so would mean I had a 24 day cycle which is unheard of for me. And only 7 day LP which makes pregnancy pretty much impossible.

simbacom
53 minutes ago, tinselfoil hat said:

Welcome @simbacom! Did you get any sleep at all last night?

Thanks! It was a pretty disturbed night, but I got a bit of sleep between settling 😴 

2 hours ago, Sweet.Pea said:

Welcome and good luck! First cycle is great timing.

My implantation bleeding the first time was just a few spots of fresh blood with EWCM. It wasn't much at all and I had cramping so though AF was on her way.

I've had cramping the past week, so I think AF is just on her way now. If it's not here by Monday I'll start getting excited, but after O, and even a few days before, I didn't feel like it was our month. Of course I hope it is, but I just don't feel it.

Last month I thought it was, got really excited, but of course it wasn't. 

Thank you! Yes, we were super lucky last time. I fully expected to have problems given a hx of suspected Endo, to the point that I tested constantly for weeks because I was sure it was wrong. And then I was sure it would be ectopic or something because it couldn't possibly have been so easy for us, but we did just get lucky! Although I had worked really hard with my bestie who is a nutritionist on diet and lifestyle to give us the best chance at having balanced hormones etc. So not sure how much that might have contributed! 

I also got cramps with my first for pretty much until about 8wks or so I think. And they felt a lot like pre-AF cramps. Really hopeful for you, the TWW is a particular kind of torture truly 😣

Sweet.Pea
1 hour ago, blackcat20 said:

I feel like I'm stuffed, more pink than I would call spotting this morning. If so would mean I had a 24 day cycle which is unheard of for me. And only 7 day LP which makes pregnancy pretty much impossible.

Sounds like implantation  or could there possibly an irritation?

blackcat20
Just now, Sweet.Pea said:

Sounds like implantation  or could there possibly an irritation?

I think it’s AF, in which case I feel like my chance of getting pregnant is slipping away. I’ve had really consistent cycles since my pregnancy and the last three months they’ve just fallen over.

musicalmumma

I'm always way too optimistic. I feel like there's a few bfps coming in the next week 

~*~blizzy~*~

BFN this morning @ 10DPO. My daughter I never got BFP until 11DPO. So if I can manage to not test tomorrow I will test Monday 

tinselfoil hat
55 minutes ago, musicalmumma said:

I'm always way too optimistic. I feel like there's a few bfps coming in the next week 

Me too!!!!

~*~blizzy~*~

A work colleague that miscarriage 2 weeks after me told me last night she is 9 was pregnant 😥

• Sad 1

Sweet.Pea
1 hour ago, musicalmumma said:

I feel way more optimistic for other people. I think there might be a few in this group too. I'll be happy for everyone, but sad for myself :)

Sweet.Pea
23 minutes ago, ~*~blizzy~*~ said:

A work colleague that miscarriage 2 weeks after me told me last night she is 9 was pregnant 😥

It's really hard. A friend of mine told me she was pregnant and I'm really happy for them but it does hurt a little too.

Our time will come :) I just hope it doesn't take us years again!

Sweet.Pea

Now I have a bit of down time, I'll let you in on a conversation DH and I had this morning. Right before he asked, we were talking about the gas or electricity bill (something boring). He also never brings up the topic of TTC.

DH: Have you tested yet?

Me: Tested what?

DH: Umm, I think you know

Me: ?

Awkward silence with me trying to think what appliance he's talking about.

Me: Oh, yeah I checked yesterday or the day before. BFN. Do you think it should be BFP? Do you have a good feeling?

DH: No, I don't think this month is our month. What were you thinking about? You always think about TTC!

Me: *giving him a side glance* A cheese platter for tonight, with Brie, Pate and Kabana, and a glass of chilled white. The total opposite of TTC 😂

I didn't record when I last tested, so looked through our chat and it was Thursday. I should hold out until tomorrow morning, but maybe I might be lucky this afternoon? It's been a whole 2 days.

• Haha 1

NeedSleepNow

I’d test this afternoon, and then indulge guilt free if it’s a BFN!

i reckon I’ll cave tonight... at 7DPO I think I know how it will go!

blackcat20

As per our deal there’s a very nice bottle of wine with my name on it tonight...

Sweet.Pea

I caved and tested. Within an hour I had gone to the toilet 4 times! So curiosity got the better of me.

BFN

I used an IC, but thinking maybe I should try a FRER? Or maybe just wait until tomorrow with FMU and FRER?

I had a small amount of pink CM, and it really was a small amount, so maybe I'm just out and AF will arrive tomorrow. The lack of spotting is puzzling me though. It's a very different cycle. Usually I O CD16 or 17  so CD15 is early, I would have thought spotting would be early too.

Sweet.Pea
1 hour ago, NeedSleepNow said:

I’d test this afternoon, and then indulge guilt free if it’s a BFN!

i reckon I’ll cave tonight... at 7DPO I think I know how it will go!

You never know! If you use a FRER you might get an early BFP.

Sweet.Pea
43 minutes ago, blackcat20 said:

As per our deal there’s a very nice bottle of wine with my name on it tonight...

Are you sure you're out? It's not just implantation bleeding?

• Like 1