blackcat20

TTC July 2020

Hoppy123

Hi all, 

Good luck to those testing!

This is cycle #6 trying for #2. CD20 and OPK's have started to darken, the premom app is predicting O in 2 days which seems about right compared to how long it's previously taken my OPKs to darken. Last month O was CD20, so i'm hoping my cycles aren't getting longer again, that would suck. 

Even my partner is starting to feel how long this is going on for. Anyone else's partners asking if they're ovulating yet? He's trying to make sure we're getting it right. Which is nice that I can get excited about OPK's with him lol

Sweet.Pea

@blackcat20 I have the same! It's better in the morning and by night quite sore.

@Sarah_434 I read somewhere that if you have a pimple on the side of your chin after you O, that's the side the egg came from. I think it might just be an old wives tale though.

AFM I think I had pink discharge, so perhaps get spitting tomorrow. I feel pretty good today though, so I'm getting a bit more hopeful towards a BFP. I had 5% hope, which has increased to 10%.

It's going to be really hard when AF arrives.

• Like 1

blackcat20
16 minutes ago, Sweet.Pea said:

@blackcat20 I have the same! It's better in the morning and by night quite sore.

@Sarah_434 I read somewhere that if you have a pimple on the side of your chin after you O, that's the side the egg came from. I think it might just be an old wives tale though.

AFM I think I had pink discharge, so perhaps get spitting tomorrow. I feel pretty good today though, so I'm getting a bit more hopeful towards a BFP. I had 5% hope, which has increased to 10%.

It's going to be really hard when AF arrives.

Hmmm I got an epic infected pimple on the left side last pregnancy and they said I’d definitely ovulated from that side.

Just took a massive tumble getting into the car, pouring rain and muddy ground. Not sure if I should be hitting the ibuprofen or not.

NeedSleepNow

I have everything crossed for you still SweetPea!

Fingers crossed the OPK is + soon+ @Hoppy123

6DPO here. No symptoms here. Not sure if that’s a bad sign or not. I had a real (stupid) urge to test yesterday, but I didn’t, and the urge has passed! I’m predicting I’ll cave on Sunday, which will still be silly!

Sweet.Pea

@blackcat20 I had one on the opposite side this month. That's why I'm not sure it's true.

Are you alright? I would take the ibuprofen but that's based on pain factor and the baby not feeding off the placenta from 6 weeks plus. I don't know medically. Perhaps if you aren't comfortable you could use a heat or cold pack and take aspirin or panadol. Those are both safe.

@NeedSleepNow thank you! I'm feeling quite emotional today, so that brought a little tear. A stranger on the internet wishing me well.

I actually think no symptoms is a good sign. What do the 2 weeks before AF usually look like for you? Last time I was pregnant I pretty much had no symptoms, just a bit of blood and light cramping 2 days before AF was due. I was waiting and never came. Dreamt I was pregnant, so tested.

• Like 1

blackcat20
18 minutes ago, Sweet.Pea said:

@blackcat20 I had one on the opposite side this month. That's why I'm not sure it's true.

Are you alright? I would take the ibuprofen but that's based on pain factor and the baby not feeding off the placenta from 6 weeks plus. I don't know medically. Perhaps if you aren't comfortable you could use a heat or cold pack and take aspirin or panadol. Those are both safe.

Its probably not true, just a coincidence in my case.

I'm pretty sore, hit my left shoulder and the right side of my back. Onto the panadol and heat packs and hoping it settles. I injured my left shoulder 11 years ago and it took years to get it back to something resembling normal....

Sweet.Pea
5 minutes ago, blackcat20 said:

Its probably not true, just a coincidence in my case.

I'm pretty sore, hit my left shoulder and the right side of my back. Onto the panadol and heat packs and hoping it settles. I injured my left shoulder 11 years ago and it took years to get it back to something resembling normal....

Ouch that sounds painful.

You could also try a magnesium cream, providing you don't already eat too much in your food. I would suggest a warm bath with Epsom salts but I don't think they are recommended in pregnancy.

eigne

Does anyone know if it’s normal to have a shorter, lighter first period after a D&C? Mine usually last 7 days But today is CD5 and it’s basically over!  I’ve googled of course, but they all seem to talk about it being normal to have a longer and heavier period! It’s going to be hard to pin point O since I can’t be sure that my usual cycle length will have returned.

I was so excited to have my period back but now that’s it’s over I’m really sad again. Sigh. I don’t want to go through all the stress and worry of trying to hit the window and then waiting for the TWW!

eigne

Ouch black cat!! That sounds super painful, you poor thing. 

• Thanks 1

~*~blizzy~*~
1 minute ago, eigne said:

Does anyone know if it’s normal to have a shorter, lighter first period after a D&C? Mine usually last 7 days But today is CD5 and it’s basically over!  I’ve googled of course, but they all seem to talk about it being normal to have a longer and heavier period! It’s going to be hard to pin point O since I can’t be sure that my usual cycle length will have returned.

I was so excited to have my period back but now that’s it’s over I’m really sad again. Sigh. I don’t want to go through all the stress and worry of trying to hit the window and then waiting for the TWW!

I literally bleed for maybe 2 hours after my d&c on the 11th March and nothing since . Not even spotting 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

panadol is ok during pregnancy, perhaps have a warm shower and take some panadol and rest?

NeedSleepNow

Thinking of you Eigne. Hope it’s an easy journey from here! 

have you caved and tested yet @~*~blizzy~*~

• Like 1

~*~blizzy~*~
9 minutes ago, NeedSleepNow said:

Thinking of you Eigne. Hope it’s an easy journey from here! 

have you caved and tested yet @~*~blizzy~*~

I tested this morning, 9dpo. At first it appeared like there was a feint / shadow of a line, but at the 3 min mark nothing. 

I went back to my records from my daughters pregnancy, and I got the lightest of light positive at 11dpo 

Gabbitz

Hi Ladies, sorry to jump in. I’m not TTC, but I like reading your stories and wish you well.

i just read some comments about ovulation pain. I would really encourage you to speak with your doc about that. I had really bad pain, both ovulation and AF. It was a sign of endo. As I had fertility issues as a consequence of the endo, I’d hate to think it was causing problems like I had. 

Recently there was a blood test that I had done which can help diagnose endo (not definitive, but can indicate further investigation is needed). Otherwise it was diagnosed for me by laparoscopic surgery. 

I’ve since been told endo is really common (1 in 3 women), but only 1 in 10 are symptomatic.

hope that maybe helps.

• Like 2

Sweet.Pea

@eigne mine have fluctuated over the past 6 months, which I think is due to stress from Covid and other various things. When it started, I read other forums and that explained that subconscious stress can cause it.

Because you are stressed about trying and the TWW, that could possibly be the cause? If you are worried, definitely speak to your doctor in case someone missed something.

Have you thought about strategies to help you next cycle? I'm happy to share some of mine, which I have come up with on my own without professional advice. Another option could be to speak to a psychologist.

• Like 1

Sweet.Pea

@Gabbitz thank you! If I keep getting pain I'll go to my doctor and get checked :)

Sweet.Pea

TMI  so skip if squeamish

No spotting yet (CD28, 13DPO), but just had a piece of dark brown discharge the size of a 5c piece after peeing. Very unusual for me, usually I get spotting when wiping, but when wiping before, no sign of blood.

I'm finding it really hard not to be hopeful and feel like I'm clutching at straws because I really want a BFP, but I think I know deep down that tomorrow or Sunday I'll get AF.

But that hope just won't go away.

If you read, thanks. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm finding the mental side of TTC hard going into double digit cycles next cycle.

Sweet.Pea
6 hours ago, Hoppy123 said:

Hi all, 

Good luck to those testing!

This is cycle #6 trying for #2. CD20 and OPK's have started to darken, the premom app is predicting O in 2 days which seems about right compared to how long it's previously taken my OPKs to darken. Last month O was CD20, so i'm hoping my cycles aren't getting longer again, that would suck. 

Even my partner is starting to feel how long this is going on for. Anyone else's partners asking if they're ovulating yet? He's trying to make sure we're getting it right. Which is nice that I can get excited about OPK's with him lol

Sorry I missed your post and felt rude not acknowledging you, even though I posted heaps after.

Your partner is so sweet! Is he taking menevit to help with it too?

Mine isn't too interested at the moment. I think I spend enough time obsessing for the both of us.

~*~blizzy~*~
23 minutes ago, Sweet.Pea said:

TMI  so skip if squeamish

No spotting yet (CD28, 13DPO), but just had a piece of dark brown discharge the size of a 5c piece after peeing. Very unusual for me, usually I get spotting when wiping, but when wiping before, no sign of blood.

I'm finding it really hard not to be hopeful and feel like I'm clutching at straws because I really want a BFP, but I think I know deep down that tomorrow or Sunday I'll get AF.

But that hope just won't go away.

If you read, thanks. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm finding the mental side of TTC hard going into double digit cycles next cycle.

If you go test now I’ll go test 😬😂

Sweet.Pea
28 minutes ago, ~*~blizzy~*~ said:

If you go test now I’ll go test 😬😂

😂

Mine is going to be BFN. I have cramping now so AF should be here tomorrow 🙁

But if you test we could celebrate a BFP tonight. I'll have wine and you can have water.

~*~blizzy~*~
17 minutes ago, Sweet.Pea said:

😂

Mine is going to be BFN. I have cramping now so AF should be here tomorrow 🙁

But if you test we could celebrate a BFP tonight. I'll have wine and you can have water.

No celebrating just yet ✖️

Sweet.Pea
2 minutes ago, ~*~blizzy~*~ said:

No celebrating just yet ✖️

On the positive side, we can both have wine and you'll probably get the BFP in a few days.

blackcat20
1 hour ago, Gabbitz said:

Hi Ladies, sorry to jump in. I’m not TTC, but I like reading your stories and wish you well.

i just read some comments about ovulation pain. I would really encourage you to speak with your doc about that. I had really bad pain, both ovulation and AF. It was a sign of endo. As I had fertility issues as a consequence of the endo, I’d hate to think it was causing problems like I had. 

Recently there was a blood test that I had done which can help diagnose endo (not definitive, but can indicate further investigation is needed). Otherwise it was diagnosed for me by laparoscopic surgery. 

I’ve since been told endo is really common (1 in 3 women), but only 1 in 10 are symptomatic.

hope that maybe helps.

My mum had my pain investigated when I was a teen and everything was clear. Obviously a while ago now but everything seems to work fine.

Wine here too ladies 😉 back has settled but my crap shoulder is still sore, will probably require a bit of work to get it back to normal again.

tinselfoil hat

Thanks @Gabbitz. Appreciate you sharing your experience. Sorry to hear about your fall @blackcat20 . Lol at you guys having a testing party!

• Like 1

Sweet.Pea
4 minutes ago, tinselfoil hat said:

Thanks @Gabbitz. Appreciate you sharing your experience. Sorry to hear about your fall @blackcat20 . Lol at you guys having a testing party!

I'm in Vic so a forum testing party with wine is highly appropriate on a Friday night. Everyone's invited - BYO wine, tests and witty conversations. No coronas allowed!

I'm trying to think of my game plan for next month. We have been trying SMEP but we might need to change to every night in the fertile window. Not sure if that's going to put too much pressure on DH though. I also feel like it might be a bit of a chore.

These eggs have high standards. I feel like they need to pick any sperm that comes along and settle. They are enjoying the wine and dining without the commitment, a little too much for my liking.

• Haha 4

musicalmumma
13 hours ago, Sweet.Pea said:

CD28, 13DPO today.

Not even tempted to test.

Usually on CD27 or CD28 of a 32 day cycle I get spotting. So it will be interesting if that happens today, or if the universe is going to just hit me with AF straight away this month.

Fingers crossed for you