Sign in to follow this  
José

Eyebrows

José

so,...

I want to have great eyebrows   im thinking of henna or lamination. 

Do you do either? Have you been happy with the results? 

FuzzyChocolateToes
Posted (edited)

I don't know what lamination is but I've been considering dyeing my eyebrows darker. I've been watching you tube videos.   I plan to start with the Maybelline Tatto Brow and see how that looks. 

Edited by FuzzyChocolateToes

Mooples

My sister had her laminated for the first time a week ago and she is loving them. 

chillipeppers

Is laminating the same as tattooing them?

FuzzyChocolateToes

I Googled it - it's a keratin straightening treatment.  I don't love the look tbh. 

• Like 1

eponee
4 minutes ago, FuzzyChocolateToes said:

I Googled it - it's a keratin straightening treatment.  I don't love the look tbh. 

I  just watched a youtube clip and much prefer the 'before' brows   

• Like 1

BornToLove

I don’t like the look of either laminating or henna/tinted brows on me. I think I look best with a more natural look. I do get them threaded regularly, but keep it to a natural shape  

I can see if you had unruly brows or they were quite fair as either could make getting ready in the morning easier. I know a few people who have micro bladed (semi-permanent tattoo) their brows and are quite happy with the look.

CallMeFeral
10 hours ago, eponee said:

Same! WHY are they doing that???

I guess it means bushy brows are back in, which is great. But still weird effect. 

• Like 1

2B1G

I had my brows done with henna last week. I am really liking them. In the past I just had them tinted, the henna has given me shape which I never had before.

MadMarchMasterchef

Probably depends on your hair and makeup whether lamination suits your overall look or not.  I have a mental image of sticking my face up to the office laminating machine 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Fifteenyears

Oh my goodness, what is this lamination madness?    Unless you have had your other features artificially enhanced - eg,  lip fillers and exaggerated eyelash extensions (in which case it might help balance the exaggerated look),  there is no need to go that far overboard bushing up your eyebrows!

I am sure your current eyebrows are lovely, and nothing that either a tint or eyebrow pencil wouldn’t be sufficient for, if you do want a little enhancement.   There are some great eyebrow pencils out there now with sort of ‘pronged’ tips, so they draw with a feathery effect rather than an ‘I used a sharpie’ effect.   The procedure is super quick, and the result is an eyebrow that looks full, but natural.

• Like 1

Sleep Debt

I had henna for about 9 months before graduating to an ombre powder brow (tattoo technique). It was going to work out cheaper in the long run ... and henna was always too dark for the first couple of days, four days of perfection and then it would disappear.

My tattoo brow is fairly subtle. Looks like the brows have been powdered. It was about a 6 hour job as she'd map them out carefully beforehand. We'd trial shades etc and then it was about 4 hours in the chair. Back a fortnight later for a touch up (my artist is fairly conservative to begin with so the touch up is the time to ask to go darker or bigger etc), and then done. The artist won't microblade any more.  I can't remember the exact reason, something to do with scarring. Just do your research on the artist. Go to someone who has recommendations. Some of the horror stories that my artist was telling me from the Facebook groups she's in .... eek, there's a lot of renegades out there. 

nom_de_plume

Honestly I would just go for a wax (or threading if that's your preference) and tint if necessary.

Microblading is around $600 for a reputable artist and needs to be touched up frequently. Brown lamination is about $120 and only lasts 6 weeks. It's very expensive and requires a lot of upkeep.

• Like 2

BrainFart

I’ve had mine microbladed - feather tattoo.. best result ever, 2 years on and they haven’t needed touch up. I was bald eyebrow with a few sparse hairs.. amazing result and unless someone inspects them up close you wouldn’t know they weren’t real hairs

• Like 1

YodaTheWrinkledOne
On 01/07/2020 at 9:48 AM, CallMeFeral said:

Same! WHY are they doing that???

I guess it means bushy brows are back in, which is great. But still weird effect. 

Not sure if it's that bushy eyebrows are back in or that it's heavy, thick eyebrows are back in. 

• Like 1

CallMeFeral
6 hours ago, YodaTheWrinkledOne said:

Not sure if it's that bushy eyebrows are back in or that it's heavy, thick eyebrows are back in. 

I'm happy with either! The pencil eyebrow stage was so awful. And scarred so many people permanently!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dustyblue
On 02/07/2020 at 8:44 PM, CallMeFeral said:

I'm happy with either! The pencil eyebrow stage was so awful. And scarred so many people permanently!

Yep, my Mum plucked hers down to a pencil thin line in the 60's (to go with her beehive) and had to draw them on for decades afterwards. Now she gets some kind of semi-permanent tatto job. It looked a bit strange at first but I'm used to it now. Definitely better than almost nothing.

• Like 1

Gumbette
On 30/06/2020 at 11:23 PM, eponee said:

Same.  They were beautiful before!

Gumbette
Posted (edited)
On 02/07/2020 at 8:44 PM, CallMeFeral said:

That's what I have, they're not exactly pencil thin, but still pretty thin.  I was going to try Rogaine.

Edited by Gumbette
  • Like 2

CallMeFeral
4 hours ago, Dustyblue said:

Yep, my Mum plucked hers down to a pencil thin line in the 60's (to go with her beehive) and had to draw them on for decades afterwards. Now she gets some kind of semi-permanent tatto job. It looked a bit strange at first but I'm used to it now. Definitely better than almost nothing.

Same with my mum. 

It's interesting actually. When it comes to leg hair, they say that old thing about if you keep removing it the growth will reduce, is a myth. 

Yet for eyebrows it seems to work maybe too well!

• Like 1

Dustyblue
Posted (edited)

Yes, eyebrow hair really doesn't seem to grow back the same as other hair! I could pluck my leg hairs until death and it'd make zero difference. 

My brows are a bit bushy, more so as I get older, but I just tweeze the stray bits myself. I try to use the rule of 'tweeze from underneath more than from the top', which helps not to ruin the shape. Also use a little 'eyebrow brush kit', with different shades of brown powder and little brushes to make them look even and nice.

Whereas I think eyebrows do help shape the face, that's as far as I'm prepared to go :)

The henna idea sounds good though, from what I've read.

Edited by Dustyblue

Jenflea

I have blonde ends on my brows and darker bits near the center of my face so I dye them every few months with 100 hour lash dye or a brand that works MUCH faster(2 minutes) from Hairhouse Warehouse (Godferoys or something?). 

I have pretty nice shaped brows and they don't need much plucking, but they are like top deck chocolate brows!

I'd microblade if they were thinner though. 

FuzzyChocolateToes
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jenflea said:

I have blonde ends on my brows and darker bits near the center of my face so I dye them every few months with 100 hour lash dye or a brand that works MUCH faster(2 minutes) from Hairhouse Warehouse (Godferoys or something?). 

My eyebrows are the same. I thought I'd try the 1000 Hour in brown. I can't see anything by the other name you mentioned at HW online?

Edited by FuzzyChocolateToes

Jenflea

I'll see if I can find a link. 

Jenflea

I can't find it on their site either, but I've bought it there twice. 

It's Godefroy brand, Instant Eyebrow Tint. 

• Like 1