Sign in to follow this  
Silverstreak

The yearly carer supps thread

Silverstreak

Thought I'd start a thread for supps. Just checked MyGov, my supps are showing as being paid on 15 July.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MrsWidget

Yep mine just showed being paid on the 16th.

• Like 2

CrankyM
Posted (edited)

Yeah mine are showing as being paid on the 16th as well. All of it is going towards new assessments to tease out and identify the actual learning disabilities and provide a clear picture for the scary prospect of high school next year...

Edited by CrankyM
  • Like 3

Yippee-Ki-Yay

How I know I am less poor - I forgot to check this year! 3rd and 10th July for us. That is 16yo's birthday present taken care of (ikea storage units to help with his organisation) and the rest goes into savings. 

• Like 4

sne

The 7th for us.  We would like to move house, it will help with the moving costs if we find the right place to move to.

• Like 3

Silverstreak

For us, it'll go onto credit card debt, to recoup some of the cost of car insurance excess and a couple of mattresses that needed replacing (one is at least 30 years old!)

• Like 3

Silverstreak
13 minutes ago, Yippee-Ki-Yay said:

How I know I am less poor - I forgot to check this year! 3rd and 10th July for us. That is 16yo's birthday present taken care of (ikea storage units to help with his organisation) and the rest goes into savings. 

This is really nice to hear, I hope your DS enjoys his new storage.

• Like 1

laridae

3Rd for me. Will go towards birthday presents for DD2 and will save the rest for her activities. 

• Like 3

Kaz83

Thanks for the thread OP, 1st year receiving Carer Allowance so didnt know about the supps. Showing on the 15th July for us.

• Like 2

Silverstreak
1 hour ago, Kaz83 said:

Thanks for the thread OP, 1st year receiving Carer Allowance so didnt know about the supps. Showing on the 15th July for us.

Nice one!

• Like 1

Etcetera
4 hours ago, Silverstreak said:

For us, it'll go onto credit card debt, to recoup some of the cost of car insurance excess and a couple of mattresses that needed replacing (one is at least 30 years old!)

Our mattress is nearly 20 years old, thinking now might be the time to finally replace it! Funnily enough I was just talking to a friend yesterday about mattresses!

I had completely forgotten about the supps. It's been crazy here with DH working till 3am most nights.

I'm thinking we might upgrade the computer too and buy some more books as I can't keep up with DSs appetite atm!

• Like 1

Silverstreak

Books are always a wise purchase! 😀

• Like 2

Prancer is coming

Wow, thanks for this.  Mine is coming through on the 3rd.  And I have 2 kids on carer allowance now so the amount is huge!  We have a local holiday planned in the school holidays and intend to double glaze the house, so plenty of things to spend it on.  Might think about something specific to them.  The youngest is on a wait list for the OT and I wonder if a psych would be useful too.

• Like 1

Bethlehem Babe

You’ve just reminded me I should apply for carers  stuff. 
dh is against it because we are ok on his wage. But I’m being reminded how much I would struggle to work anywhere near full time. Or if I did we would need a nanny. 

• Like 1

Kaz83

Been thinking I might use mine to get a stick vacuum as the DD I receive it for 

A) makes a lot of mess

and

B) doesnt give me time to clean it up

🤣🤣

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Manicmum

Mine aren’t showing .. GRR

• Sad 1

Paddlepop

I'd forgotten about it. Got DH to check because it's paid to him. Due to be paid on Friday. That's some welcome money I wasn't counting on. 

• Like 1

Charli73

Ours due on the 10th.. it just goes into a separate account with for only carers money for a rainy day. We were going to save it for a family trip but that’s not happening any time soon.. 

• Like 1

Silverstreak

Hope yours shows up soon manic mum!

Caitlin Happymeal

Ours is showing for the 7th. Yay.

Half was going to go on a kick ass set of monkey bars for my sensory seekers, but sadly, a massive water bill has put that in a bit of jeopardy. Annoying, it's because we are in a new build (been here nearly 2 years though..) and apparently it takes ages for them to set up the billing, and then they bill retrospectivley. So I was expecting it, just was hoping I had a few more months up my sleeve haha. I might still be able to make the monkey bars happen if I get creative 🤔

The other half goes on our maintenance bill for our share of a holiday unit. We go every year for a circuit breaker for the kids and it's worth it's weight in gold. 

I figure I spend well more than the 3200 I get for both kids throughout the year due to their higher needs, I can justify it not being wholly spent on them. It's sort of balancing out the extras we spend on them that other parents probably don't have to. 

• Like 1

melanieb530
Posted (edited)

Putting it aside to be able to attend a disability related conference next year where children can meet others with the same condition. 

Edited by melanieb530
Edited to add assuming we can travel between states.
  • Like 4