Riotproof

Do you love your vacuum?

purpleblaze

On the back of this, can anyone recommend me a good small hand held vacuum? Our bathroom gets a lot of hair and needs constant cleaning so I was think of getting one just for this room. 

My Dyson stick is awesome and my ducted one is very average.

PuddingandPies

Shark Rotator. Love it. Step dad borrowed recently to clean before their house sale as Dyson has been packed away and he raved about it.  Lots of attachments. It's upright so isn't grest for storage.

Prancer is coming

I have not found the balance between ease of use and quality of the job.  I have a Dyson stick vacuum, the lowest level model.  I how easy it is to use ans I am more likely to vacuum regularly because of it.  However, it does not pick up everything.  Anything small and solid or bigger things ( such as small paper cuttings after a kid’s craft session) does not get sucked up.  A better model may fix this.  Though I can’t get my head around paying over $1000 for a stick vacuum cleaner. 

I have a bagged miele.  They have bagless too.  It is a really good Machine and the powerhead is great.  Does a much more thorough job than the Dyson.  However, I find plugging in cords and going around the house with a heavier vacuum cleaner is not as enjoyable as grabbing the stick.  

Mumsyto2
2 hours ago, purpleblaze said:

On the back of this, can anyone recommend me a good small hand held vacuum? Our bathroom gets a lot of hair and needs constant cleaning so I was think of getting one just for this room. 

What’s the impediment using the stick but without the length, replacing the usual long tube with the short one? I have a charging stand for my stick that also holds all the attachments and it’s super easy to swap them out/over when you grab it. 

JustBeige
9 hours ago, purpleblaze said:

You can still get dust busters or handyvacs - those little hand held ones. Big W sell them still. 

Riotproof
10 hours ago, purpleblaze said:

Dh has a ryobi he keeps in the car. 

Expelliarmus
Posted (edited)

My Dyson stick converts to a Dustbuster. It has a lot of attachments. 

Edited by Expelliarmus
  • Like 1

amdirel
16 hours ago, Riotproof said:

I’m always vacuuming up little bits of paper and craft, I wonder how it would cope. 

I love my Dyson stick but I do find it clogs sometimes with 'bits'. I usually try to pick them up first.

I love my big Dyson but I don't use it too often as I'm lazy lol.

• Like 1

Hypnic Jerk

I have a Dyson stick.  I don’t love it, because a vacuum is not love-worthy, but it’s fine.  I often wish it had a spare battery though.  I don’t know if the newer ones have longer capacity.

Kiwi Bicycle

My Electrolux stick vacum ( which must come from a different factory from the floor full models as per my discussion upstream) converts to a dustbuster by popping out the the larger stick housing. It also has an inbuilt " hair cutter" in the head of the stick vacum to cut the hair twisted around the brush part. You push a button while it's going and it slices the hair.

The big bonus with the Electrolux stick vacs is that the heaviest part rests on the ground, unlike the Dyson where the motor is in the part you hold. Much easier if you have hand issues and kids can use it too.

• Like 1

Nepheline

I hate my Dyson barrel so much. It’s got a stupid power head that is good for carpet but useless for floorboards (it just flicks stuff everywhere) and a hardwood attachment which swivels nicely but is also pretty useless at picking up stuff. 

I’ve also got a V10 stick and it’s handy but I reckon overrated. There’s no way it’s a replacement for a proper vacuum but it is useful at times. Again I find it better on carpet/rugs than on floorboards. 

FuzzyChocolateToes

I haven't used my Miele on either the carpet or the floor boards since I bought the V10. 

YodaTheWrinkledOne

I have a dyson stick and love it for the "quick clean" vacuuming. Best thing is that the kids are also now getting into the habit of a "quick clean", which is great. We use it as a small dustbuster as well (for the cars and caravan, etc), as I bought it with attachments.

I bought a wertheim barrel vacuum cleaner 22-23 years ago, still going strong. (uses paper bags)  Loved it then, still love it now. It has a number of attachments, optional power head, vacuums like a demon. At the time, DH (then BF) thought I was crazy for paying $600 for it, but now agrees it was a good "investment".

Indi

After years of Dysons (both barrel and stick) I upgraded to an LG stick with a million attachments including a mop.  I haven't used the big vacuum since, love it much more than any Dyson I have had.