Sign in to follow this  
roseparker

Leggings/tights - since we can't really try them on, what are some good ones?

José

So, those who are wearing lululemon... tell me about the sizing please!?

hoohoobump

US sizing e.g. AU 12= lululemon 8

That said, I have M Lorna Jane and M abi&joseph, I find the lulus a tiny bit looser, although I think that’s because they don’t have the tight waistband.

José
57 minutes ago, hoohoobump said:

US sizing e.g. AU 12= lululemon 8

That said, I have M Lorna Jane and M abi&joseph, I find the lulus a tiny bit looser, although I think that’s because they don’t have the tight waistband.

Thanks. I feel like I'm a large 12 at the moment but not a 14 in Australian sizes.

So perhaps an 8 would work.  

Let-it-go
3 hours ago, José said:

Thanks. I feel like I'm a large 12 at the moment but not a 14 in Australian sizes.

So perhaps an 8 would work.  

Hmmmmm I find the sizing of their leggings on the small size.  I’m a tall size 10 and most of my leggings are 8.  I have one pair in size 6 but they are seriously gut holding!   

José
21 minutes ago, Let-it-go said:

Hmmmmm I find the sizing of their leggings on the small size.  I’m a tall size 10 and most of my leggings are 8.  I have one pair in size 6 but they are seriously gut holding!   

Ok.

Thanks. 

I'd best check out their return policy! 

Nickers numbat

I’m an Abi & Joseph convert.  For me,  they stay on place and don’t seem to be too tight around my waist (my pet peeve). I’ve tried others but. If been impressed. I also like the patterns. 

My Aldi ones went see through very quickly -they were actually what made me look at more expensive tights. 

MadMarchMasterchef

IME target and Kmart are fine for the price but don't last as long as name brand, eg  Kmart might last a year of being worn once a week for a walk but I had running bare leggings that lasted several years.   

I was curious about elle and voo so thanks for the info @kreme.  They seem really reasonably priced. 

• Like 1

UniKitty

I just bought a pair of 'TwoTags' and am converted. Perth based brand, really good quality and true to size.

• Like 1

maryanneK

Someone mentioned supportive pants in a post...I've recently taken up running again and while not technically overweight I  do have big thighs and butt... have been embarrassed and horrified to find that i feel like my legs/butt are jiggling so much I feel like I need a bra for my thighs! It's uncomfortable when I land each foot step, like all my leg fat slams down really hard, it almost hurts.  Is that even a thing? Last time ran properly was 8 years and 3 kids ago...but I also had good, thick, stretchy leggings whereas I'm in ten bucks target ones now. Is supportive fabric/pants an actual issue ?!

Let-it-go
43 minutes ago, maryanneK said:

Is supportive fabric/pants an actual issue ?!

For sure.  I have a really lovely looking pair of pants I wear for yoga and Pilates but they are quite thin.  If I run in them, my butt and legs jiggle everywhere.  If I wear my firmer Lulu ones then everything holds much firmer.   Much more comfortable for higher impact sports but the thinner ones are more comfy for general wear and walking.   They are floral and super pretty too 😂.  

• Like 1

blue86
10 hours ago, maryanneK said:

Someone mentioned supportive pants in a post...I've recently taken up running again and while not technically overweight I  do have big thighs and butt... have been embarrassed and horrified to find that i feel like my legs/butt are jiggling so much I feel like I need a bra for my thighs! It's uncomfortable when I land each foot step, like all my leg fat slams down really hard, it almost hurts.  Is that even a thing? Last time ran properly was 8 years and 3 kids ago...but I also had good, thick, stretchy leggings whereas I'm in ten bucks target ones now. Is supportive fabric/pants an actual issue ?!

Definitely! I have the same jiggly areas, and good tights with the right fabric really do hold everything together so much better

• Like 2

maryanneK

Wow. Ok thanks will go back and look more closely at the thread to get some ideas for supportive tights ! Thanks

Ferelsmegz
14 hours ago, UniKitty said:

I just bought a pair of 'TwoTags' and am converted. Perth based brand, really good quality and true to size.

Me too!

I actually could have written the OP word for word - my old Running bare favourites literally unravelled (they were ancient lol) and I got some Two Tags and absolutely love them - the pockets are a plus!!! 

Solsa

I'm another who really likes Two Tags.  They are reasonably price and great quality.

I'm also a fan of Run Faster.  They seem to have four different material types and the supplex material is thick and firm.  You can choose the same tights in different waist heights, length and pockets or not.  More expensive than Two Tags though, but delivery is really quick.

TigerQueenofSheeba
On 27/06/2020 at 11:48 PM, Kreme said:

My friend was body shamed in our local Lorna Jane so I refuse to buy anything there.

Sadly I have heard this many times. I refuse to set foot in a Lorna Jane shop because of it.

• Like 1

ajo

LSKD - bought some for my DD and she loves the fit, she’s an average size 12, and likes then more than her Lorna Jane ones. We had to pre order as some of the styles ( needed black ) sell out fast 

Lady Door

I am an Active Truth devotee. They are super supportive and flattering, all their prints are gorgeous but they also have a fantastic black range. The best thing is their inclusive sizing (up to 3XL across the range). It's a small Australian business with great customer service and ethics. Yes you could probably buy 4 or more kmart tights for the price of one but the quality is chalk and cheese. They have sales quite often and also offer $20 vouchers once you leave a review. Love them! (clearly, you probably didn't need me to clarify that lol)

• Like 1

~littlebirdy~

Which leggings are good for those who are pear shaped with bigger butt? I don't want it too big around the waist so they fall down.
I prefer high waisted with a thicker material

• Like 1

Charli73

I have about 4 pairs of lululemon ones, I resisted too for years then bought one pair and it went from there. You just can’t beat how comfortable they are and firm around the waist and they don’t dig in. I have thicker type ones from years ago and my last two pairs are 7/8 but quite thin so I also bought a thicker Nike full length tight and they are wonderful too. 
I have an Aldi $20 pair which I use for work under my overalls but they fall down a bit, and the $15 ones form Kmart aren’t that comfortable around the waist.. 

so yes I have a few pairs but I always come back to the Lululemon for Pilates and the Nike ones for walking at night. 

blue86
22 hours ago, ~littlebirdy~ said:

Which leggings are good for those who are pear shaped with bigger butt? I don't want it too big around the waist so they fall down.
I prefer high waisted with a thicker material

I have a small waist and large hips, thighs and bum and my muscle republic tights are the best. Pain in the a*se to get on, but hold all the bits in and fit my waist with no roll down or sag at all - they have a range that has a thigh pocket as well as the back of the waistband and I can put my phone in there and run and it does not move at all - no stress on it falling out. 

• Like 1

RichardParker

I'm actually over wearing tights to yoga - I prefer looser pants with enough stretch to not be constricting.  Someone needs to develop a line of silk yoga pants for those of us who prefer not to articulate every little secret during downward dog. 

The bras from Lorna Jane are great - they're pretty much the only bras I wear, now. 

Let-it-go
3 hours ago, RichardParker said:

I'm actually over wearing tights to yoga - I prefer looser pants with enough stretch to not be constricting.  Someone needs to develop a line of silk yoga pants for those of us who prefer not to articulate every little secret during downward dog. 

But how do you do tree?  I tried yoga once in trackie type pants and my foot kept slipping down 😆.

• Like 1

Jenno

I love my Rockwear tights.