roseparker

Leggings/tights - since we can't really try them on, what are some good ones?

roseparker

Sadly parting ways with my Running Bare leggings after a solid 6 years together (they are literally unravelling ) and looking to buy some more. But at the moment you can't really try on in stores etc. and my size seems to be sold out in almost any nice pair in this brand! Gargh! 

Any recommendations for really good quality activewear type leggings?  i.e. fabrics that aren't so thin they show every little ripple? I hate buying clothes and tend to keep them till they fall apart in my hands - so please tell me what brands you wear that are good and last well? 

lizzzard

Can’t go past Lululemon...

• Like 3

Let-it-go

I’m Lululemon all the way.  

You can try on in their stores 🤷‍♀️.  I haven’t come across anywhere you can’t try on clothes (today I was DJ’s, Cotton On and H&M).  

• Like 2

blue86

Muscle republic leggings are the bomb

TigerQueenofSheeba

Exoticathletica ones are awesome!

• Like 1

Chee72

Lululemon or Lorna Jane. You can try them on at Lululemon. 

• Like 1

RichardParker

Bloch.  They come up nice and high and are a thick, decent material. 

• Like 1

MakesMeHappy

Sorry to high jack Op but with Lululemon does anyone have any suggestion on which style to get? Is there a popular one?

Odd-1-Out

I just bought 3 pairs of Lorna Jane, and you can try them on instore.

Ellie bean

Can I ask what it is that makes the expensive ones better than target/Kmart ones? If you’re just walking/ a bit of bike riding would it maa as me a difference? Genuine question, as I’m trying to get back into exercise and wondering if I need better exercise clothes. 

• Like 1

NannyPlumPudding
16 minutes ago, Ellie bean said:

Can I ask what it is that makes the expensive ones better than target/Kmart ones? If you’re just walking/ a bit of bike riding would it maa as me a difference? Genuine question, as I’m trying to get back into exercise and wondering if I need better exercise clothes. 

Target/cotton on/Kmart are fine for this 😊 I do live my Lorna Jane's as they are super soft and the band is thicker but I love chucking on my $15 Kmart's for house days with a walk around the block 😊

• Thanks 1

TigerQueenofSheeba
26 minutes ago, Ellie bean said:

I find that the ones like the black kmart/target ones stretch and become see through. I've seen many people who do not realise this lol. 

I like my exoticathletica ones because they are not see through, they are comfortable and they have a great band to keep my bits in so I feel good wearing them. They are expensive but I never pay full price for them. I only buy them when they have a good discount. They are designed and made in Noosa (Qld) and I like being able to support a local business. You can get them made to your own size too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22Fruitmincepies

Ellie bean - I really like my cotton on body leggings, they are quite old now and are still in great condition. They aren’t see-through and are comfortable to wear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ImperatorFuriosa

I live in target leggings at home. Exercise wise I use active truth.

~Nic~

Active Truth. Great range of sizes, high waisted, not see through 😁

• Like 1

SplashingRainbows

I’m a Lorna fan because they make tights that allow for women with a butt, hips and thighs. Even at a healthy weight I still have a generously sized butt hips and thighs. 

They make me feel good, and they last and last. The fabric is soft, I don’t ever need to adjust them, and I have a range of warmth ratings to suit the purpose of the tights (eg thermal through to the heat of summer cardio)

kmart, big w and target I’ve tried and they’re just not the same. The fabric is cheaper, they don’t give me a nice shape, and I feel frumpy instead of happy. 

• Like 3

Kreme

My favourites right now are Ell  & Voo brand from Rebel Sport. They come up nice and high at the waist, are a nice thick material, have deep pockets on both sides for my phone and keys and are far cheaper than many popular brands. 

My friend was body shamed in our local Lorna Jane so I refuse to buy anything there.

• Like 3

Odd-1-Out
8 hours ago, Kreme said:

My favourites right now are Ell  & Voo brand from Rebel Sport. They come up nice and high at the waist, are a nice thick material, have deep pockets on both sides for my phone and keys and are far cheaper than many popular brands. 

My friend was body shamed in our local Lorna Jane so I refuse to buy anything there.

Oh that is horrible ☹

• Like 2

Jersey Caramel

I grabbed a pair of exercise tights from Aldi a few years back when they had their exercise gear sale and they are excellent! Really thick fabric,  high waisted,  so comfy, nice pattern.  From memory they were less than $20 and they are still good as new despite me virtually living in them. 

~Peahen~
11 hours ago, MakesMeHappy said:

Sorry to high jack Op but with Lululemon does anyone have any suggestion on which style to get? Is there a popular one?

I have two pairs of the Align tights, in the shorter length I think it's 25inch. I've been through MANY tights over many years. My lululemon ones are pilling a but but performance wise they've been the best hands down. I weight train and all my others have stretched and need re-adjusting after every set. 

I resisted the "hype" for years but once I took the lulu plunge I got the hype. I'm mega sensory and very fussy with waistbands and tags. I've owned leggings that have had me in legit tears (abi and joseph waistbands, Nike's excessive tags, Ryder's thick scratchy seams, echt sagging crotch) 

• Like 3

nom_de_plume
12 hours ago, Ellie bean said:

I find the quality and fit of Cotton On and Kmart appalling. None of their tights are squat proof or flattering on anyone larger than a size 8. I'm a size 12 and have a booty and they just don't work.

Target is hit and miss. I have one pair from there that are fine for walking or schlepping around home. I don't like them for exercising in though as they don't feel supportive enough.

Rockwear is also hit and miss. I recommend trying them on instore as as the cut, style and fabric varies.

I like Lorna Jane or Nike Pro. Yes they're expensive, but they wash and wear well so I think it's worth it for something I wear every day.

Hands Up

I like lulu lemon as they don’t have a waist band per se so no muffin top. They are nice and thick too. Mine all tend to last five years or so.

• Like 2

~Peahen~
48 minutes ago, Hands Up said:

I like lulu lemon as they don’t have a waist band per se so no muffin top. They are nice and thick too. Mine all tend to last five years or so.

The waist band, or lack of, is heaven. 

And the fabric while thick is also so soft and buttery. I think the pilling on mine is from me always rubbing the fabric with  my hands because they feel so nice. My daughter wore mine for a day once and her reaction when she put them on was priceless. She's been begging for some of her own ever since. 

• Like 1

wilding

I powerlift and use to use expensive ones, but switched to kmart ones and have had no issue with them. I flog the living daylights out of them. 

NannyPlumPudding

Anyone else now subscribed to Lululemon for sales 👀