Sign in to follow this  
MakesMeHappy

Little Fires Everywhere

MakesMeHappy

Has anyone else watched it? It’s on Amazon Prime

I found the acting to be fantastic! I have binged just finished binge watching it. 

I enjoyed the issues being raised, it was dramatic but not in an overdone way, my favourite type! 

Kerry Washington was as fabulous as always although her characters often annoy me. And although I am not a huge Reece Witherspoon fan I normally enjoy her shows. 

Without any giving any spoilers- the fire scene in the last episode, I loved it! It was moving, it was well done!

*Andi*

I have! I finished it the other day on a recommendation from a friend.

It was fantastic! So well written, acted and directed. I was saddened to read just before I watched it that the director suddenly died recently. 

The issues were very timely hey! I totally agree about Kerry Washington, being great but sometimes annoying characters. I do love Reese though, and this sort of character is her bread and butter. What a simple character on the surface who ends up being so deep and complicated. I also thought the teen actors were fantastic. And how gorgeous is Izzy. 

And I love the name of it, so clever. I wasn't aware of the book before deciding to watch. 

• Like 1

SummerStar
Posted (edited)

Edited by SummerStar
  • Like 1

Zippypeaks

I really enjoyed this one, binged it and loved it on so many levels!

Scootaloo

I am watching it t the moment, up to episode 3 tonight. I am totally hooked. 

RichardParker

I have an amazon account- do I just download the app on the TV to get access to Amazon Prime?

MakesMeHappy
30 minutes ago, RichardParker said:

I have an amazon account- do I just download the app on the TV to get access to Amazon Prime?

I think so. I got a few free months at some point with an amazon order but I think I pay the subscription now. 

YodaTheWrinkledOne

TV series ending is slightly different to the book.

Scootaloo
On 29/06/2020 at 10:25 AM, YodaTheWrinkledOne said:

Would you say the book is still worth reading even if you have watched all of the show? 

Lou-bags
On 29/06/2020 at 8:25 AM, YodaTheWrinkledOne said:

Ooooo is it? I’ve been contemplating restarting my prime account to watch it and now I’m defo going to- intrigued!

Mrs Claus

I just finished it last night. Quite enjoyed it. Really impressed with the acting, especially the kids

Lou-bags

Oooooh my goodness. I'm half way through and I LOVE it. 

Hollycoddle

I liked it too. Reese was pretty much playing the same character as she did in Big Little Lies, which suits her. All of those kids looked just like they could really be hers!

Lou-bags

I binged the rest a few days after my last post. Loved it. Better than the book IMO (with the exception of the ending, which I found less plausible than the book). 

Hands Up

I liked the book ending better.

Let-it-go

I’ve only watched 1 episode and I’ve struggled to get back to it.  I think I’ve found Mia just too dislikable.  

I have read the book but I remember not really loving it and only read it because everyone told me ‘I must read it’.  

avocado toast

Finished this last night - loved it!!

So well made, well acted, everything! It was very thought provoking about motherhood and everything that comes with it.

Let-it-go

I finally finished and I feel like I’m missing some level of intelligence or something....I cannot work out why everyone liked it.  I thought it was awful.  I was the same with the book.

I agree amazing acting but the story was just ridiculous and horrible.  They were such horrible selfish people - Mia especially, she was so ugly (I know that’s a terrible word but that’s the only word I could think of to describe her personality) with that sneer on her face.  She was luckily she had a lovely daughter because she didn’t deserve it.  Elena became more and more dislikable as the show went on and even her kids were hard to like at times especially Lexi.

And then it kept going back in time to explain why everyone acted the way they did, but I just found the explanations pathetic, you don’t need to be jaded all your life because you left your boyfriend in Paris ffs.  Half of the past stuff didn’t even feel relevant.  Mia didn’t need to be that mean and awful based upon what happened to her.  

I don’t know why I can’t get this story.  It felt contrived and overdone.  There’s only so many ugly & self absorbed humans I can cope with and this show tipped me over the edge.

I liked Bill 😂 .  But that was pretty much it.