PuddingPlease

Auskick question

PuddingPlease

Does anybody know what is happening with Auskick this year? 

We were set to sign up my eldest daughter this year when Covid-19 kicked off and they stopped taking enrolments.

There doesn't seem to have been announcements since March, does anyone know what the likely outcome will be?

JRA

Assuming you are in Vic. Tomorrow is the first day (well we will see how long that lasts) that community sport for kids can take place in somewhat normal circumstances, still only 20 observers (ie parents) present though. 

Last I heard was the Auskick was still not yet going ahead. The nightmare of community sport in these times is beyond the pale.

• Like 1

Prancer is coming

My son plays in under 8s.  He starts training this week and hope to get the roster underway in about a month.  Our club have advised no Auskick at the moment due to tighter restrictions but they hope to get it happening when they can.

• Like 1

PuddingPlease

Thank you, that's really helpful. 

If you don't mind one more question, what is under 8's?

Prancer is coming

Under 8 is the first year they can play games (modified).  Auskick is practising skills whereas under 8 they are in a roster with the same team and play games.  I imagine all states do it a bit differently though.

• Like 1

PuddingPlease

Thank you, that makes sense. 😊

I

Bono25

We enrolled for the auskick rookie, which is supposed to start soon, but I think it might be after the school Holidays in nsw. 

Can I add my own question? My first go at sport. We're near canberra, so it will be cold, would trackies be too warm for Mr 6 to wear??? 

Murderino

We’re in a very cold part of Vic and used to do Auskick on a Sunday morning. My kids absolutely wanted to Westminster their footy gear so I bought leggings and a long sleeve shirt to go underneath and that was enough for them. Plenty of other kids wore trackies though. I was very happy when we switched to a different club that did it after school in a Thursday.

I’m glad it’s not back yet though as I’m enjoying the rest. Swimming starts back for DD tomorrow, DS didn’t want to go back. One parent and no siblings are allowed in the centre. XH is 20 minutes away and her class is an hour so I’m going to get her from him and take her so DS can stay home with XH and get ready for bed. I’m much closer ti the centre so in my week with the kids I will drop her there and bring DS home to get ready for bed then go back and get her.