Hands Up

Would you book with Virgin Australia?

Hands Up

Looking at booking Christmas flights to QLD. Would you book with VA? Is it safe to do so? I tried googling where sale negotiations were up to but I’m really not sure....

Squeekums The Elf

Nope, I'm a Qantas snob 

Won't fly with anyone else

• Like 1

José

I would book with Virgin for Xmas flights.

ineedmorecoffee
Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t book flights with anyone at the moment as it is all up in the air (pun intended) about when states will lock their borders.
Look at VIC rolling back the easing of restrictions due to clusters breaking out, just when we all started to think it was ok to relax a bit.

I would wait till October or November to book Christmas flights.

Edited by ineedmorecoffee
  • Like 3

JRA

I agree with Ineedmorecoffee. I am too attached to my money, and health, to risk booking to go holidaying somewhere

born.a.girl

What are the conditions of the ticket?

Hands Up

All my family are in QLD. It will have been a year so I’m desperate to go. Hmmm I might call VA tomorrow to understand what the conditions are in more detail.

thanks all

Prancer is coming

No.  We have flights booked with them in 2 weeks time.  We are getting a refund for the overseas leg of the trip, but not the domestic virgin flights.  From what I can understand, we can get conditional credit.  It might be honoured by whoever takes them over or if it goes to creditors we might eventually get some money back.  With the changing nature of flights, I would only book if there was a good deal and you were happy to risk losing your money, as you will have little recourse if the flight is cancelled.

eachschoolholidays

No, considering the financial difficulties they are in, you definitely risk losing your money.