Sign in to follow this  
Mooples

Non spill cup/bottle for milk

Mooples

Ds2 is 2 and a half and loves drinking milk. Of course he wants to be like his older brother and drink from a normal plastic cup which results in him spilling it every single time. I’m looking for a cup or drink bottle that is spill and leak proof but easy to clean for him to have milk in. 

They have water in camelbak drink bottles which are perfect for water but I don’t want to have to pull the whole thing apart to clean every day. I have tried a wow cup but he managed to spill that and a b box straw sippy cup which he chewed the straw of to make the flow faster so I think I need something aimed at kids a bit older. 

Any suggestions? Bonus if it’s nuby or tommy tippee so I can add it to my Woolworths click and collect order without having to go to an extra shop looking for it! 

blackcat20

Bbox have a training cup that has a lid with a small opening. No valve so its free flow but only out of that one spot.

Gabbitz

I found the Pigeon Mag Mag training cup useful for my DS. He started using it from 12 months. It’s a straw and does well being leak proof. 

If you’re looking for a cup, I also found that EZPZ have a cup, it’s quite small - also works as an egg cup! But it’s really heavy in the base, so it’s much more likely to be put down without spilling and it’s  made of silicone so is easy to wash. It was a great way to introduce a cup. Because it’s only a small volume it’s less mess, although he still got messy!

TinyGiraffe

My DD has taken to using my small plastic keepcup. Not aimed at kids but it means she can use a normal cup with a decent lid that she cant open and it only has the small hole to drink from. Plus when she is done the hole can be covered by the cap so no leaks and it just goes into the dishwasher. 

• Like 1

~LemonMyrtle~

take n toss cups.  perfect for milk.  go stright in the dishwasher, and super cheap, and they look like a proper cup.  Theyre not something you can take to bed with you, but for sitting at a table and having some milk with lunch, theyre perfect.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/195397/the-first-years-take-toss-cups-spill-proof

~LemonMyrtle~
2 hours ago, TinyGiraffe said:

My DD has taken to using my small plastic keepcup. Not aimed at kids but it means she can use a normal cup with a decent lid that she cant open and it only has the small hole to drink from. Plus when she is done the hole can be covered by the cap so no leaks and it just goes into the dishwasher. 

these are good too, we have 2 star wars BB8 ones the kids use.

Meemaw

The 360 degree cups are good, spill proof and they can drink from anywhere on the lid. The lid can also be completely pulled apart for cleaning which is needed with milk especially. My 14 month old granddaughter uses one with no issues at all. Think Nuby & Tommee Tippee both make them.

Demera

I bought some cups with lids and straws, Frozen 2 with Anna and Elsa on them, for my kids. They're awesome. The lid just presses down but it survives being dropped quite well.  Easy to clean (except use a little bottle brush thingy for the straw) and they just go through the dishwasher. I don't expect them to last forever but they're doing a mighty good job so far.  They came from Coles.

Dianalynch

Another vote for take n toss cups, not the prettiest but they work 

onetrick

My 2yo has a smoothie every lunch (he is super fussy and this is how we get fruit into him easily...), and we use some cheap (2 for $5) straw cups from catch. They come apart and go in the dishwasher easily, and can be put back together quickly as well (no pushing the straw up through an impossibly small hole or anything...).

He does like using a cup, and we indulge him with water. But he is so easily distracted that he starts put ok but as soon as he looks somewhere else, he spills it all over himself. And this is a battle that I dont think is worth fighting right now.