Sign in to follow this  
MadMarchMasterchef

Inverter microwave - do they last

MadMarchMasterchef

As per the title,  we are due a new microwave and a lot of the new ones now are inverters.  But Im also seeing a lot of 'failed after 6 months' popping up in reviews so Im curious what people's experience is.  Are they better, or worse than the old style (magnetron) 

Steph19

Ours is a Panasonic one, like new after 10 years now!! We moved in in July 2010 and it was one of the first things we purchased. 

• Like 1

Jenflea

I wouldn't buy anything else.  I've had 2 in 22 years, so they last pretty well in my experience!

• Like 1

Soontobegran

Ours is only 18 months old but it is so so much better than our previous old fashioned model. We've had no problems at all. It is also Panasonic.

• Like 2

laridae

I bought mine when I first moved out of home when I was 22. Still using it and about to turn 41 this year!

Looking at replacing it as it's starting to go a bit rusty inside, but it works fine.

• Like 1

dadwasathome

Our Panasonic died a couple of months ago, after around 5 years

xx1stxx

Hit and miss with me, onto our 2nd Panasonic in 2 years.  first didn't last 12 months. started playing up around the 6 month mark.  They replaced it with the latest model, no issues so far.  At around $400 a pop i was less than impressed.

MadMarchMasterchef
16 hours ago, Soontobegran said:

Ours is only 18 months old but it is so so much better than our previous old fashioned model. We've had no problems at all. It is also Panasonic.

Thanks I was looking at Panasonic

13 hours ago, xx1stxx said:

Hit and miss with me, onto our 2nd Panasonic in 2 years.  first didn't last 12 months. started playing up around the 6 month mark.  They replaced it with the latest model, no issues so far.  At around $400 a pop i was less than impressed.

Yes I read heaps of people having similar issues.  Dud batch maybe?  

WaitForMe

Our Panasonic is going well, must be getting close to 10 years old.

Both my current and previous workplaces had the exact same one - my old workplace had two, with about 300 people on the floor so they got alot of use and I never saw them broken.

Except, not sure if its Panasonics or all inverters but I hate that the fan keeps going for a bit after its finished. 

dadwasathome
2 hours ago, WaitForMe said:

Except, not sure if its Panasonics or all inverters but I hate that the fan keeps going for a bit after its finished. 

We got used to our old Panasonic doing that, but the new one (bought earlier thsi year) doesn't. There was so much annoyance online about it we almiost didn't buy the first one, but I really don't get the hate?