Catzilla

General AFL and State League (SANFL, VFL, etc.) Chat Season 2020

Expelliarmus

Also, scores are level in the Crows v Dockers game. I'm not sure if I can take the adrenaline surge!

• Like 1

Squeekums The Elf

Enjoy it lol

• Like 1

born.a.girl

I've lost the smug feeling about tipping Freo ...

• Haha 1

Squeekums The Elf

I split my tips over 4 sites on the crows game lol so I shall be right twice at least 

On a positive, so good seeing so many fans in the gabba, even if they were Brisbane fans lol 

born.a.girl
5 minutes ago, Squeekums The Elf said:

I split my tips over 4 sites on the crows game lol so I shall be right twice at least 

On a positive, so good seeing so many fans in the gabba, even if they were Brisbane fans lol 

I'm still spitting chips I forgot to hit 'submit' changing to Brisbane.   Haven't had this good a round all year, mind you, lots have done well this round, been reasonably predictable.

Had Melbourne as a dark horse but won with Essendon and don't want to push my luck so changed to Richmond, plus GWS.

Expelliarmus
19 minutes ago, born.a.girl said:

I've lost the smug feeling about tipping Freo ...

Don't worry, I think you were right 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

Squeekums The Elf

Right. New better week

Cats v lions looking good, fast game, low scoring though

born.a.girl
9 hours ago, Squeekums The Elf said:

Right. New better week

Cats v lions looking good, fast game, low scoring though

A low scoring game always makes me nervous, it's still anybody's with ten minutes to go.  Must say the first quarter didn't inspire me much, lots of wrestling in the goal squares leading to lots of points.

We fixed that though! 

Shame about all the injuries, both sides.   Will be interested to see if they are worse, overall, at the end of this year compared with a typical year.  There seem to be a lot, given the few games we've had.

Lees75

Go the Bombers!  @born.a.girl, you will be pleased to know I actually tipped them this week!

Great football day in general for me today. DS16 played senior reserves again today for his local club and kicked 2 goals playing as a mid-fielder. For someone who normally plays defence in his SANFL squad, he is loving the opportunities to run a bit more. He and his best mate were both named in the top 5 players today and their team won :) Plus the Roosters beat Glenelg by 3 points. 

• Like 2

Squeekums The Elf

Phew, that was a tight one. Port had me worried in the 3rd qtr 

Ha, always like to see the bays go down..... They were my father's team. The only photo displayed when I was a kid was him, my mum and the cup when Glenelg won the grand final in the 80s

Bombers looked really good I though, much more cohesive.

That rankin from suns highlights  look exciting for the future

• Like 1

Squeekums The Elf
On 10/07/2020 at 5:54 AM, born.a.girl said:

Shame about all the injuries, both sides.   Will be interested to see if they are worse, overall, at the end of this year compared with a typical year.  There seem to be a lot, given the few games we've had.

Yeah seems like it, will be interesting to see if its the case at the end of season. It was predicted due to the stop start and long break, short build up

Lees75
42 minutes ago, Squeekums The Elf said:

Ha, always like to see the bays go down..... They were my father's team. The only photo displayed when I was a kid was him, my mum and the cup when Glenelg won the grand final in the 80s

Not a Port fan, at all, but, being a Roosters girl, I am a Rozee fan!

Rankine had a brilliant debut! Great to see the SA boys doing well.

Edited by Lees75
  • Like 1

Squeekums The Elf

Yeah SA put some talent out of late. 

Rozee been a great addition to the team lol

lizzybirdsworth

Awesome work to your son lees75! You will tend to find the grassroots clubs will be great at allowing your ds to try other positions where as the sanfl teams tend to keep you in your set position with the odd move to shake things up. 
Not happy with hawks atm nor centrals league team! Although a new coaching staff will take a season to get used to. 

• Like 1

born.a.girl
18 hours ago, Lees75 said:

Go the Bombers!  @born.a.girl, you will be pleased to know I actually tipped them this week!

Great football day in general for me today. DS16 played senior reserves again today for his local club and kicked 2 goals playing as a mid-fielder. For someone who normally plays defence in his SANFL squad, he is loving the opportunities to run a bit more. He and his best mate were both named in the top 5 players today and their team won :) Plus the Roosters beat Glenelg by 3 points. 

Good to hear!  All of those points though!  Fortunately for bombers North weren't much better.   Is McDonald Tipungwuti made of rubber bands?  I know he's still young but he bounces up off the ground after a serious landing like he didn't feel a thing.

38 minutes ago, Squeekums The Elf said:

Low scoring games are always nerve wracking, the final score belies the fact that it was still anyone's with ten minutes to go.   I jinxed myself with my tip there. After my stuff up last week I felt I'd be jinxed if I tipped Port, and jinxed if I didn't.  I tipped GWS :(

Also missed tipping Freo & Melbourne, but they were less than a goal games so I've allowed myself those ones.

Tipped Richmond, and Carlton is my dark horse over Bulldogs.

born.a.girl
2 minutes ago, lizzybirdsworth said:

Awesome work to your son lees75! You will tend to find the grassroots clubs will be great at allowing your ds to try other positions where as the sanfl teams tend to keep you in your set position with the odd move to shake things up. 
Not happy with hawks atm nor centrals league team! Although a new coaching staff will take a season to get used to. 

What's happening to Hawthorn?

Maybe they're like Richmond, dispirited by the season and will find their feet.

Whoever was due to play in Melbourne today will be glad they're not, We've had some downpours that were like tropical rain without the warmth!