Sign in to follow this  
Franny and Zooey

Robo debt repayment by government?

Bandwagon

They are bloody useless, remember when we could count on CL actually doing the right thing? 

So scary and sad for the people who to have to rely on such a corrupt system. 

Lesley225

There's so man working there via labour hire firms rather than public servants now and i don't believe they have the same training and certainly not the same experience being temporary.  

• Like 1

~*~blizzy~*~
1 hour ago, born.a.girl said:

Thanks for the Facebook tip. Apparently people are still having money taken even though their debt's theoretically on hold until 2025 - they've been advised to call and demand that stops, but that was enough for me to advise her to not hit send on the 2019 tax return just yet.

My daughter received her letter saying the refund will be made in 2- 4 weeks, so hopefully the debt is removed at that point and the tax returns can be done.

Good luck to everyone else who had their money stolen.

Great she got her letter. I’m keen to see if all my debt will be refunded or only partial. 1-3 weeks to go to wait and see

• Like 1

VigilantePaladin
On 22/07/2020 at 2:05 PM, Bandwagon said:

They are bloody useless, remember when we could count on CL actually doing the right thing? 

So scary and sad for the people who to have to rely on such a corrupt system. 

Try and remember Centrelink staff work for the Government at the time and are bound by legislation. Legislation, BTW, that they have no control over drafting but have to abide by. Robodebt was never their fault but staff are copping abuse over it like they have any say in it.

• Like 2

Bandwagon
1 minute ago, VigilantePaladin said:

Try and remember Centrelink staff work for the Government at the time and are bound by legislation. Legislation, BTW, that they have no control over drafting but have to abide by. Robodebt was never their fault but staff are copping abuse over it like they have any say in it.

I didn’t blame staff.

I fully blame the Coalition and their punch down philosophy. 

• Like 2

born.a.girl
On 22/07/2020 at 3:11 PM, ~*~blizzy~*~ said:

Great she got her letter. I’m keen to see if all my debt will be refunded or only partial. 1-3 weeks to go to wait and see

For sure.  Hers doesn't state an amount either. Her first year (of the two) was reduced to 10% so I will be interested to see if they refund the total or hold that back.

~*~blizzy~*~
1 hour ago, born.a.girl said:

For sure.  Hers doesn't state an amount either. Her first year (of the two) was reduced to 10% so I will be interested to see if they refund the total or hold that back.

I had 100% of my debt refunded last week. Hope your daughters is sorted soon 

• Like 1

born.a.girl
1 minute ago, ~*~blizzy~*~ said:

I had 100% of my debt refunded last week. Hope your daughters is sorted soon 

Yay, fantastic, so pleased for you!

PurpleWitch

100% debt repaid last night and tonight. Got the letter on the 22nd

• Like 1

born.a.girl
Posted (edited)

I forgot to come in and say my daughter's stolen tax return was repaid a few days ago, too.  Exactly two weeks to the day from the letter which said 2 - 4 weeks.

ETA: She's now been able to submit 2019 tax return without concern about the refund being taken.

Edited by born.a.girl
  • Like 1

JLD75

Reading this thread prompted me to check the status of a debt i repaid last September.  My centrelink account still says I owe the money😒  I have a bank statement saying otherwise

**Kylie**

I received nearly $3,800 back from Centrelink - my apparent "debt" was from 2014 after my husband passed away.

• Like 1