Sign in to follow this  
Greatmum

Jobkeeper

Greatmum

Is it too late to register an employee for job keeper?

If you have a full time job and casual job can u only get job keeper for the full time job or is it either?

SplashingRainbows
Posted (edited)

Eligibility criteria still need to be met (employed on 1 March etc) but if employer is eligible and employee agrees then they can be nominated.

If you have two jobs and only one is casual you are not eligible as an employee at the casual job. See the details under the heading ‘employees with multiple employers‘ linked below.

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/jobkeeper-payment/employees/eligible-employees/

Edited by SplashingRainbows

qak

It is too late to top if to $1500 (if needed) for fortnights 1-4 though.

You can still enrol up to today (31/5) & claim the employee for those fortnights though (not sure how claim works if you have already claimed for other employees for fortnights 1-2).

The claim process for fortnights 3 & 4 is due to open tomorrow.

Greatmum

Yeah thanks is my casual job saying they will pay me jobkeeper but I didn’t think I would b eligible having a full time job that I’m still working full time at.

~Jolly_F~
Posted (edited)

Edited by ~Jolly_F~

ipsee

It counts as income, so if it is right that you can get both you may lose a lot in tax or end up with a tax debt.

CallMeFeral
Posted (edited)

https://www.ato.gov....testrequirement

"If you are a long-term casual employee for one employer, and are also employed in a permanent position, you can only nominate your permanent employer. You cannot nominate your casual employer, even if your permanent employer does not qualify or elects not to participate in the JobKeeper scheme."

And from the form itself

https://www.ato.gov....8ed292fd889.pdf

■ At 1 March 2020, you were a permanent or fixed term employee, or a casual employee employed on a regular and systematic basis during the period of 12 months ending on 1 March 2020. ■ If you are a casual employee as mentioned above, you are not employed by any other employer on a permanent or fixed term basis, or you are only employed by any other employer on a casual basis.

Edited by rjflc69
Quote removed

Greatmum

Thanks I was thinking this was the case. They are thinking it’s not so they can get me back but pay me jobkeeper so it doesn’t cost them anything.

• Like 1

CallMeFeral

Yeah. It really sucks. I was caught by something very similar as a sole trader :(

lazycritter

Yeah. It really sucks. I was caught by something very similar as a sole trader :(

What do you mean call me feral?

I'm getting jobkeeper from my casual employment even though I'm a sole trader. I'm not getting any income from being a sole trader at the moment.

lazycritter

I know sole traders who are getting more with jobkeeper than they have earned as sole traders.

SummerStar
Posted (edited)
On 31/05/2020 at 6:27 PM, lazycritter said:

Edited by SummerStar

StringArt

If your employer wanted to claim job keeper for you, they would need to get you to sign a form. On this form you need to declare that you are eligible to receive jobkeepr, and are not permantly employed elsewhere. It sounds like you are not eligible to receive the payment.

CallMeFeral

What do you mean call me feral?

I'm getting jobkeeper from my casual employment even though I'm a sole trader. I'm not getting any income from being a sole trader at the moment.

My 'employment' is on the side, and they are not eligible for Jobkeeper. My sole trader-ship is my main job, but as a sole trader, if you also have employment, you can only claim through the employer (who is not eligible). So although my main income has dropped precipitously, I can't claim anything :(

PrincessPeach

^ you can still claim if you are only a casual on the side.

CallMeFeral

^ you can still claim if you are only a casual on the side.

'Unfortunately' it's permanent, just minimal.

In inverted commas because it's never been an unfortunate thing till now!

lazycritter

My 'employment' is on the side, and they are not eligible for Jobkeeper. My sole trader-ship is my main job, but as a sole trader, if you also have employment, you can only claim through the employer (who is not eligible). So although my main income has dropped precipitously, I can't claim anything :(

That sucks I'm sorry.

• Like 1