JasperAliBenji

Bedtime for toddlers

JasperAliBenji

What time does everyone's toddlers go to sleep??

I have a 2 and 3 year old and they both are in bed no later then 7..

Lou-bags

That wouldn’t have worked for my kids at that age. Do yours still nap? Mine were in bed and asleep by 8-8.30 ish.

• Like 2

22Fruitmincepies

My 2.5yo DS is still napping, even if he only naps for an hour he’s up until at least 8pm, sometimes he doesn’t fall asleep until closer to 9. This is a problem as 6yo DD needs to go to bed at 7.30pm, but thinks she must go to bed after her little brother. It’s quite a problem. I spend way too long each evening putting children to bed.

• Like 2

seayork2002

When he was that age 6-6.30 alright maybe 7

• Like 1

Bono25

I have a 3 and, 6. No naps, they've both been going to bed about 730 for the last year or so. Mr 6 is asleep around 8, miss 3 anywhere from 830 to 930. It was 1030 when she napped!!

born.a.girl

Never before 9pm until school age.

After she tried to give up naps, I bribed, cajoled and frankly pulled rank until she accepted the reality of a two hour nap, given that's when I got the majority of my phone work done with my business, which was impossible with an un-napped toddler.

It also meant she was still up when her Dad got home around 7pm - 7:30pm and he gave her her bath until she went to school, so it was a win, win, win situation, that one.

• Like 2

taters

I have a 2 year old and he goes to bed at 530, asleep by no later than 630.

VVV

Have a just turned four year old - starts getting into pjs/teeth/water/story around 6:45 and in bed and asleep by just after 7 most nights. Can be very difficult if we need to stay back for work.

PrincessPeach

7pm for both of mine, even with a nap, they were asleep shortly after. But my kids are on the higher end of the sleep needs.

Even now at 4 & 6 they are in bed by 7pm & asleep by 7.30pm at the latest most nights.

Luci

If they'd had a day time nap - maybe around 8.30pm. If no nap it would have been earlier ie 7 or 7.30pm.

• Like 1

Hands Up

7pm after a 2 hour nap. They both love their sleep and only stopped napping at 5 for the first and 4 for the second.

MadMarchMasterchef

12 month old goes to bed about 8. Wakes about 6 or 6:30 and has 2 short day naps.

Mooples

It’s been different for each of mine. Ds2 napped until he was 3 and went to bed around 8:30 which was fine as it fit with our life with a newborn aswell. Ds2 is now 2 and they both go to bed between 6:30 and 7. We cut ds2’s nap otherwise he wouldn’t sleep until 8:30 which just doesn’t work anymore now ds1 needs to be in bed earlier.

No girls here

At that age 7-7:30pm. DS1 and DS2 with no nap and DS3 with a 1-1.5 hour nap.

Sometimes day care would let DS2 nap in which case he was up til 10:30pm or so.

Veryclucky

We aim for 7 for both kids. Almost 3 and almost 6. They share a room so much easier while they have same bedtime.

I think the older one will need to change to slightly later soon but on days my daughter doesn't nap, she needs a 7pm bedtime.

eigne

Shes in bed between 7-7.30 now that the age of naps is over (*stifles a sob*). Prior to that it was about 8ish with a 2hr mid arvo nap. So although we’ve gained about half an hour of our evening back, we’ve lost 2 hours of a break during the day.

• Like 1

rosie28

We’ve had an 8pm bedtime since our kids have had a bedtime (around 3-4 months for each child). They’re up at 7.30ish, no early birds in this house!

• Like 1

~LemonMyrtle~

At that age they both went to bed at 7. No naps. Sometimes my younger son would need a 6:30 bed time cause he got very tired when he dropped his naps. Even with naps bedtime was at 7ish naps didn’t make much of a difference unless they had a very late nap in the car or something by accident. We have a pretty regular routine though.

The different in sleep requirements happened in the mornings. My older son is always up at 6am, younger son likes to “sleep in” until 7.

Now that they’re 4 and 5 I still aim to get them to bed by 7, although it’s usually 7:30, and the 5 year old often plays quietly until 8. They’re still up at 6 and 6:30-7 though.

onetrick

My 2yo goes to bed around 7:30-8pm. We have a bath around 6:45, then read then bed. Actual sleep is around 8 usually. Still one nap a day, thankfully. As with BAG, it's when I work during the day.

avocado toast

2.5 old and 4 year old

No naps

6.30pm bed time

WaitForMe

Bedtime has been 8/8:30 since birth. Although the newborn phase it was of course just a label given to a nap.

• Like 1

Wonderstruck
Posted (edited)

7pm since birth. She's now 3 and asks to go to bed after her bath. She sometimes takes a while to fall asleep but enjoys the wind down time. She still has a 45min to 1hr nap.

She's always been up early. 5.30/6am

Edited by Wonderstruck

mandelbrot

One was in bed by 7, the other by 7:30. The 7:30 bedtime toddler also woke later in the mornings.

Why are you asking? If it's working for you and for them, it seems pretty awesome. If it's not, there's lots that can be adjusted - wake time, nap time and length etc etc.

If you have family who want you to come over for dinner and the bedtime is getting in the way, you can also send the overtired toddlers to their place the following day to deal with the fallout...

Dustyblue

Oh dear, I was hoping someone would come along with a later bedtime....

DS is almost 4 and hardly ever goes down before 10pm. He doesn't nap during the day. He then sleeps through to around 8.30am, generally.

Apparently at this age they're supposed to get 10-12 hours sleep/day, so at least he's getting the minimum. Sometimes if it's been a big day he'll crash on the floor and we just put him to bed. He's never been a great sleeper so I'm grateful for what I get!

JasperAliBenji

One was in bed by 7, the other by 7:30. The 7:30 bedtime toddler also woke later in the mornings.

Why are you asking? If it's working for you and for them, it seems pretty awesome. If it's not, there's lots that can be adjusted - wake time, nap time and length etc etc.

If you have family who want you to come over for dinner and the bedtime is getting in the way, you can also send the overtired toddlers to their place the following day to deal with the fallout...

I'm not asking for any reason in particular. Just curious. My children are great sleepers and really adjustable they do sleep in the day also although it has gone down quite a bit sometime wobbly 45mins. But I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1