Jen1
Posted (edited)

Just wondering if anyone else is watching this show? I love the blind auditions, however I am not a lover of the show where they compete against each other. There are some great singers. It was great to see Guy's brother, great to see how Guy recognised him straight away with his voice. They seem like such a lovely family. LOL the one thing that is doing my OCD in, is they have all changed seats! I am use to seeing Delta on the 3rd chair. :p

Edited by Jen1
  • Like 2

Arthur or Martha

I've been watching it, however I only watch bits and pieces.

I did like some of tonight's contestants.

• Like 1

Lees75

Same as you - kids and I love the blinds, but then lose interest.

DS16 is also struggling with the change in order of the chairs - lol!

• Like 1

TigerQueenofSheeba

I don't bother any more to be honest. I do really enjoy watching the people sing but I get sick of the back stories. To be honest - I just don't care. I don't mean for that sound callous. I just want to watch the singing. They could fit so many more contestants on the show if they stopped with all the talking.

Guys brother was on last year too wasn't he? I don't think he made it through to the finals. I'm sure Guy knew he was trying out again.

• Like 3

Lees75
Posted (edited)

I don't bother any more to be honest. I do really enjoy watching the people sing but I get sick of the back stories. To be honest - I just don't care. I don't mean for that sound callous. I just want to watch the singing. They could fit so many more contestants on the show if they stopped with all the talking.

Guys brother was on last year too wasn't he? I don't think he made it through to the finals. I'm sure Guy knew he was trying out again.

Guy's brother was on years ago (Season 1?) and made it to the top 16 on team Seal. He was back as an All Star this time.

Edited by Lees75
  • Like 2

TigerQueenofSheeba

Guy's brother was on years ago (Season 1?) and made it to the top 16 on team Seal. He was back as an All Star this time.

Omg was it that long ago? Feeling old lol.

• Like 2

Lees75

Omg was it that long ago? Feeling old lol.

I hear you!

• Like 1

Bethlehem Babe

We only watch the blinds.

Took their sweet time using the block button!

• Like 1

sahmie
Posted (edited)

I watched a bit of the first season (had a friend in it who went home about 2 rounds in once the actual show had started) and haven’t watched it since. Have been watching this year though - a bit like idol, only the auditions are entertaining.

I cannot warm to delta at all. She seems so fake. I’m also sick of the yelling over each other to scramble for the singers. It just makes them look like children.

I don’t need the back stories either. You’re either good enough or you’re not, and a sob story won’t change it.

Edited by sahmie
  • Like 4

FiveAus

I'm the same, I just want to watch the actual talent, so I watch it on Youtube.

I honestly don't think a singing contest is the place for everyones private lives being aired so publicly.

• Like 1

Jen1

Yes, this is us too!! I just want to hear them sing!

I really don't think the 12 year old should be on the show, there should be an age limit.

lazycritter

Yes, this is us too!! I just want to hear them sing!

I really don't think the 12 year old should be on the show, there should be an age limit.

Agree. there's no reason she can't wait 4 years.

• Like 1

Jen1

I don't like the blocked button! It is really unfair when an artist turns 4 chairs and in the end they only can chose between 2 coaches.

• Like 1

MrsPuddleduck

The block button seems to defeat the purpose of the show; which is that the power to choose the coach rests with the contestant after the coaches make their pitches.

Pretty clear it’s just to create drama for tv which is a shame.

• Like 2

Treasure Island

Really? I haven't watched yet but I thought the block would stop the chair from turning in the first place. Seems like a weird way to do it. And yes it just makes the show more about the judges doesn't it?

• Like 2

Zeppelina

And yes it just makes the show more about the judges doesn't it?

It already is, though, isn't it - I hate when there's an amazing performance going on, and the cameras are just focussed on the judges and their reactions. And then Delta will do annoying loud reactions, or one of the judges will sing along loudly. It's annoying!

Just let the contestant sing!!

• Like 4

got my tinsel on

Really? I haven't watched yet but I thought the block would stop the chair from turning in the first place. Seems like a weird way to do it. And yes it just makes the show more about the judges doesn't it?

Hasn't it always been about the judges?

• Like 2

just2ofus

Murderino

I liked the last guy tonight - sang Total Eclipse of the Heart (sorry I don’t pay close enough attention to know their names unless they survive a few rounds).

I thought it was awful that he couldn’t pick Guy who’d turned for him given the kids tell me he said that’s who he hoped for.

• Like 2

Zeppelina

I thought it was awful that he couldn’t pick Guy who’d turned for him given the kids tell me he said that’s who he hoped for.

Yep. That really ruined the episode for me (and potentially the show as a whole, because I was only ever really into the blind auditions anyway).

• Like 1

Jen1

Hopefully Kellie will get rid of him in the battles and then Guy can pick him up!

• Like 1

Bethlehem Babe

Oh, I thought that they were just blocking the pitch, not the choice of the judge.

Yep, more focus on the judges.

Paddlepop
Posted (edited)

The deaf community are not happy with Andy Dexerity using Auslan on The Voice. He does not sign fluently or fully in Auslan and does not use Auslan grammar. He is basically using Auslan as a stunt. He refuses to meet with deaf groups to discuss their concerns with his misuse of Auslan. The article below explains the issues the deaf community have with him in their own words. It's worth a read.

https://isigniwander...biw17lovjKjU9j8

Edited by Paddlepop
  • Like 1

MerryMadrigalMadge

Thanks for that article Paddlepop - I saw on twitter that there were a lot of people unhappy with that performance.

Based on that article, I can see why.

• Like 1

Murderino

That was a great read. I don’t know AUSLAN but watching him he did seem to be ad hoc about signing once he was singing. It makes sense to me when they say he misses parts if the “dialect” (for want if a better word) thereby actually excluding deaf people as they can’t follow what he is signing.