Riotproof

Cat hassling for food hours too early

Riotproof
Posted (edited)

Stop looking at me. It isn’t time yet.

You have fresh water. You have dry food. You are not being cute.

Edited by Riotproof
  • Like 6

K.heather

obvious question, has puss cat been wormed recently?

PuddingPlease

You've met my cat then?

• Like 3

Riotproof

obvious question, has puss cat been wormed recently?

He gets revolution which I think covers all the worms, doesn’t it?

Riotproof

You've met my cat then?

Does he get excited every time you walk even in the direction of the food? Which in my house is pretty easy to do.

And then tear apart cardboard instead.

• Like 1

K.heather

Pretty sure it does, flea worm and tick, thats what I use on our kitties.

• Like 1

born.a.girl

If my husband were there he'd give him a little snack 'just to keep him going until dinner time'.

It's like he's never heard of learned behaviours.

• Like 4

kadoodle

You've met my cat then?

And mine, well; DD1’s. She yells at me to let her into DD1’s room, and then when her mummy won’t get up and feed her, she comes back out and yells at me to feed her. If I won’t, she starts yelling at DD1’s door again.

• Like 3

Riotproof

Yes. One thing I didn’t realise about getting a cat was that I was adding to the group of people in this house who think that I am the only capable one.

• Like 16

Mrs Twit

My cats do this when the weather starts getting colder. They eat a lot more in winter and are very vocal about getting it! 5pm cat dinner here and one has been hassling me for it since about 2.30!!! I gave in at 4pm...

• Like 3

BornToLove
Posted (edited)
Edited by BornToLove
  • Like 2

Riotproof
  • Like 2

chicken_bits

Yes. One thing I didn’t realise about getting a cat was that I was adding to the group of people in this house who think that I am the only capable one.

:rofl:

The cats are the only 'children' in this house who are aware of DH's ability to feed them.

• Like 4

SillyDuff

The same here! One cat does the afternoon shift the other does the morning shift! And its always me they come to - doesn't matter there are 4 other people in the house!

The eldest cat also likes me to walk him to his bowl - I call him his royal highness!

• Like 4

Riotproof
Posted (edited)

So, 5 pm came and I got Ds to do it. Lucky cat, chicken hearts and livers. Now he’s sitting on his pillow guarding the door.

ETA, he has worked out I’m not a morning person and bothers Ds or dh. Plus we have to keep our bedroom doors shut for sleeping. He thinks there are animals in the Doonas.

Edited by Riotproof

SillyDuff

Yes bedroom doors shut but I swear the youngest cat tries to open the door!

• Like 1

Rummonkey

Have we the same cat? Except this one insists on midnight snacks, a 3am snack and a 4-5am snack. So then his royal highness can depart back to bed and sleep the rest of the day.

• Like 1

nom_de_plume

Our cat has been campaigning for an earlier dinner now it's cold. Apparently she needs extra food to help grow her winter coat or something!

• Like 2

**Tiger*Filly**

Our cats always have food in their bowls. Is that bad? They are all slim cats despite open access and one of them being a big guts.

IamOzgirl

My cat has started eating my hair!!

TigerQueenofSheeba

My cat is a jerk who does the same thing lol

Riotproof

Our cats always have food in their bowls. Is that bad? They are all slim cats despite open access and one of them being a big guts.

I don’t think so. My vet says it’s fine. He had food, but he gets the can at night. In the morning, we top up dry if necessary.

Bono25

Depends on the cats I think. The ones we've got now down it in two seconds. One in particular is a guts and huge, not fat, just a big cat (Siberian).

When I had my birman, she could self regulate. She would only eat when she needed to. Until she got kidney disease and then she snacked alot. Liked to eat at midnight while a fed babies. I still wake up at midnight to feed her lol!

• Like 1

SillyDuff

We have the same, and its a tragedy if they can see even the tiniest bit of the bottom of the bowl!

• Like 1

blackcat20

Our cat gets fed morning and night but would still love a top up every time you walk past the bowl. Plus she prefers 'fresh' dry food, not the stuff that's been sitting in her bowl :rolleyes:

• Like 2