Getting tested for covid

Covid testing   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get tested for mildest symptoms

• Yes
    • No
    • Circumstances make it too difficult

Lou-bags

I’m in WA @littlepickle and was tested about a week and a half ago- got my results in 24 hours. So fingers crossed for yours coming back soon too.

jmjsa

Our 14 year old was tested first thing on a Saturday morning and after much chasing I got the results from out gp on Tuesday lunchtime.  I still haven’t got the text they said I would from pathology 

Greatmum

We were only notified by txt. 

Zeppelina
4 hours ago, Elfie34 said:

Has anyone been recently tested at EACH Ringwood? Looking to find out how long results are taking at the moment and if they are sending results out during the weekend?

Yes, a friend of mine. Results took a little less than 48 hours, I believe.

Elfie34

Update - got results in 44 hours (negative)

• Like 1

born.a.girl

Daughter's negative from MSAC (Albert Park) was less than 48 hours.  They went there because it would be faster than the closest, with waiting time.   Waiting time at MSAC was five minutes!

• Like 1

littlepickle

Update - Negative (WA so no surprise there). Results came in 18 hours post test but the volume would be lower over this way - I think they only tested 260 people yesterday in Perth,

Still isolating because I haven't actually got out of bed today because I still feel pretty unwell.

• Like 1

DirtyStreetPie

My husband is negative. It took almost exactly 96 hours (4 days) for the result to come through. He was tested in Pakenham, Victoria, if anyone is wondering.

I want to give him a big cuddle (I need regular cuddles to keep my happiness meter up) but he's stuck in meetings!

• Like 1

blackcat20
7 minutes ago, DirtyStreetPie said:

My husband is negative. It took almost exactly 96 hours (4 days) for the result to come through. He was tested in Pakenham, Victoria, if anyone is wondering.

I want to give him a big cuddle (I need regular cuddles to keep my happiness meter up) but he's stuck in meetings!

My husband is waiting for results from Cranbourne. Could be a long week...

• Like 1

DirtyStreetPie

@blackcat20 Hopefully it will be quicker for you! Maybe the weekend got in the way of my husband's test being processed.

• Like 1

born.a.girl

Interestingly, daughter's came back in 42 hours, her boyfriend's done at the same time, took another 24 hours.  I guess they all get farmed out to different labs.

Lou-bags
1 hour ago, born.a.girl said:

Interestingly, daughter's came back in 42 hours, her boyfriend's done at the same time, took another 24 hours.  I guess they all get farmed out to different labs.

Might also just be that they were processed in different 'runs' at the same lab so one test got through the workflow pipeline faster. Or even that a run failed QC and had to be repeated. It happens sometimes that samples in path labs need to be retested. I feel like that would be more likely than the samples going to different labs, which obviously could also be happening, but of course I base that on nothing but 'feels' ;) 

• Like 2

born.a.girl
5 minutes ago, Lou-bags said:

Might also just be that they were processed in different 'runs' at the same lab so one test got through the workflow pipeline faster. Or even that a run failed QC and had to be repeated. It happens sometimes that samples in path labs need to be retested. I feel like that would be more likely than the samples going to different labs, which obviously could also be happening, but of course I base that on nothing but 'feels' ;) 

Makes more sense than my assumptions, that's for sure. :)

We couldn't even joke that they were done alphabetically given their surnames start with the same letter.

nom_de_plume

I got tested today as there have been confirmed cases at my previous workplace. They have said I will have results within 36 hours.

DQMission

I was tested on Saturday and still no results today. Its a significant change from our original 6 hour turnaround! 19yo has missed two days of TAFE so far waiting for results. Frustrating start to second semester for him.

Kiwi Bicycle

I hope YKY you results are in late this afternoon. That's when mine came in. I also tested at a major Vic hospital on a Saturday and thought because there was a lab right there it would be fast - no transporting but it still took that long. I hsve been worrying about you ( yes, random internet stranger).

Mrs Claus
1 hour ago, Yippee-Ki-Yay said:

I was tested on Saturday and still no results today. Its a significant change from our original 6 hour turnaround! 19yo has missed two days of TAFE so far waiting for results. Frustrating start to second semester for him.

My kids were tested Saturday morning and we are still waiting too. dH has a doctor’s certificate until Thursday so hoping results are back by then as I’m supposed to be working Friday 

nom_de_plume

My results have just come back. Negative.

I hope yours are back soon YKY. I have my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 3

DQMission

Just got mine. Negative. Obviously I’m still unwell with a yucky virus but at least the 19yo can go back to TAFE. 

• Like 5

FuzzyChocolateToes

I have 2 sick children.  Took them good testing at a hospital on Sunday. Still waiting for results.  

laridae
Posted (edited)

Got tested (for the second time) on Monday after I got a cold. Or something - felt awful, blocked nose (but dry and itchy), slight sore throat, headaches, sore legs. Lasted for about a day and now I feel fine again, but waiting for results.  They said I should get them either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. Here's hoping! DD1 had to miss gym on Monday, DD2 had to miss trampoline on Tuesday, DD1 has gym again today, they said she could return if my test was negative (neither of the kids are sick). And we are going away for a few days on Thursday. Hoping I get the results soon!

Highly unlikely to be positive, there have been no cases in my state for over a month.

Edited by laridae

Mrs Claus

We were tested early sat morning and got results back yesterday afternoon 

Riotproof

So, I have recognised a few of the less common symptoms in myself over the last few days and have booked myself in for Monday morning. The drive through clinic needs a referral and I seriously can’t be a*sed with going to two different places based on how I feel right now. 
nervous, worried and anxious. So annoyed with reckless people right now. 

• Like 1

born.a.girl
1 hour ago, Riotproof said:

So, I have recognised a few of the less common symptoms in myself over the last few days and have booked myself in for Monday morning. The drive through clinic needs a referral and I seriously can’t be a*sed with going to two different places based on how I feel right now. 
nervous, worried and anxious. So annoyed with reckless people right now. 

It's possible NSW has not had time to set it up yet, but in the end, on the Vic health website you could click on the testing station, and see the wait time.  When my daughter and her bf were tested, the nearest was a two hour wait, the one a further 15 mins drive away, was a 40 min wait so they went there. 

• Like 1

Riotproof

I feel a bit better about an actual appointment, assuming they run to time, which knowing the practice runnIng it, they will. 

• Like 1