Expelliarmus

My kids all came back!

got my tinsel on

Cue 'Hill Street Blues' theme.

'Stay safe out there'.

• Like 4

WaitForMe

That is good news and a good litmus test too I think, on how people are feeling.

I noticed yesterday there were a couple times the 'We are discussing' links had zero covid-19 threads, and almost zero in first page of View New Content. Or was it Todays Active Topics. I don't know the difference.

• Like 4

ytt

Our kids never really left. We have had the highest attendance rate in our area and probably the state since all this started.

You get that when the principal sends enews out stating we are open to all students.

Oh and don't send sick kids home because they have to sneeze snot everywhere 3 times, not twice. Oh and we still have parent volunteers on site every day.

When I asked how is the school keeping us safe the reply was to take long service leave or leave without pay if not happy with procedures :no2:

bubskitkat

For the first time in 7 weeks, all my kids were back in class.

Yay! My kids are back!

hope you had a glass of champagne and danced around the house in your undies as no one was watching

PrincessPeach

Aww,

DS's teacher was really happy to see all the kids back as well.

But our school has had really high attendance numbers as well over the previous weeks, they were back up to 50% there today with all the preps & 1's back.

crankybee

My kids are back in certain year groups. And I look at them in terror and think one of you could give me COVID19. I feel nothing but terror.

• Like 1

TheGreenSheep

Nice. Really nice.

FeralRebelWClaws

We are back in next Monday week. I'm looking forward to seeing my classes. But COVID19 has complicated thiings for me though. My mother is sick and it makes her VERY tired. She normally watches my son 3 days a week and he goes to childcare 2 days. He hasn't been attending childcare while I've been at home. But when I go back, Mum can't really watch him anymore, but I can't get extra days until July when hopefully the childcare payments go back to normal. :/

Expelliarmus

We were always open to all students ... but they stopped coming :(

They are back now. :D

• Like 1

22Fruitmincepies

For the first time in 7 weeks, all my kids were back in class.

Yay! My kids are back!

Every time I see this thread title it makes me smile, and I picture you as a mother duck saying “quack quack quack quack” and all of your little ducks coming back.

I hope they are enjoying getting back into it. DD’s teacher did the most amazing “hook” into reading and it’s made DD so much more keen to give writing a go, and more keen on school in general.

• Like 5

Rhoxie1
  • Like 2

mpoppins92

I’m almost there! Only two left to come back!

Today as they went out to recess I was picking up jumpers and pushing in chairs all over the place and I thought to myself how messy the room was and I almost welled up! I was so glad to have them back, mess, noise and all.

• Like 11

Lou-bags

The first day back at school for us (WA) was so so lovely. Kids and teachers beaming everywhere. And parents too obvious lol.

The teachers lined up along the path (a few teachers each path, where their class was coming in) at 2m intervals like a welcome procession. I honestly felt a bit teary at how lovely the mood was.

Glad your kids are all back Expelli.

• Like 4

DaLittleEd

The first day back at school for us (WA) was so so lovely. Kids and teachers beaming everywhere. And parents too obvious lol.

The teachers lined up along the path (a few teachers each path, where their class was coming in) at 2m intervals like a welcome procession. I honestly felt a bit teary at how lovely the mood was.

Glad your kids are all back Expelli.

I almost cried when DD went back to kindy. There was a lovely mood and energy about the school. It had also been such a long break (7 weeks for us) after a really short first term, so it almost felt like her first day of school again. I might need to toughen up a bit, because I am not convinced that there won't be further school shutdowns and restarts this year (or next?).

• Like 2

spr_maiden

Oh jesus, I'm all teary. It is so reassuring to hear a teacher is happy about seeing their children. DS' teacher sounded so much happier last week, with slightly more children back. She had been talking about how lonely school's feel without children. I'm going to have really resist not hugging the woman when we eventually see her.

• Like 2

JomoMum

I’m not meaning to derail your beautiful sentiment OP, but I have a genuine question for you. Do you mean all your students were back in your classroom?

Please forgive me if I’m misunderstanding. Is the concern that existed around full classrooms no longer an issue?

EPZ

WOW. Victoria years 3-10 have another month. DS has been 6 weeks learning from home and another 4 to go.

Least our VCE get to go back on 26 May, they be happy to get back to normal.

Expelliarmus

I’m not meaning to derail your beautiful sentiment OP, but I have a genuine question for you. Do you mean all your students were back in your classroom?

Please forgive me if I’m misunderstanding. Is the concern that existed around full classrooms no longer an issue?

Yes. All 25 students are back in my classroom. It’s Week 3 of Term 2 here in South Australia.

My concern has never been about full classrooms. Given that schools never closed, I’d say it has never been a concern of the state government either.

• Like 3

Squeekums The Elf

I'm glad there are teachers like you expelliarmus

You have some lucky students

• Like 6

JomoMum

Yes. All 25 students are back in my classroom. It’s Week 3 of Term 2 here in South Australia.

My concern has never been about full classrooms. Given that schools never closed, I’d say it has never been a concern of the state government either.

Thanks for explaining. It’s really lovely to see you so pleased to have your students back - it’s certainly not the sentiment here in NSW (for some good reasons).

MooGuru

My school refusing family member messaged me at 730 this morning to say he was on his way to school!

Emm27

Yay! I know this excitement well - I am only missing two kiddos now (hopefully they will both return soon.)

It’s been so lovely to have all those happy little faces bubbling with excitement to tell me all the tales and stories they’ve been saving up since I saw them last. I’m so proud of how well they’ve settled back into class too. Happy days.

• Like 1