Riotproof

Has anyone thought about Mother’s Day?

YodaTheWrinkledOne
Posted (edited)

First year she actually wants something, a lemon tree, and I have no idea how to get a tree to her!

Ring some nurseries around where your mum lives. You might find that they would be happy to deliver for you. I know our local nursery would do that.

Edited by YodaTheWrinkledOne

~THE~MAGICIAN~

My Mum's dead.

The best present I could ask for is my daughter home from hospital.

Sleep Debt

It's my birthday as well. I'm not normally a party person but was considering having a small party this year but that was obviously pre Covid. Present will be something for the house - we need a coffee table and rug to finish off our living area.

I like to get a practical gift for my mum to help her out as she's on low income. Ie for her birthday I bought her tyres as she desperately needed new ones.

• Like 1

EmmaFY

Flowers delivered along with a handmade card from DS.

Not Escapin Xmas

My mum died 7 years ago. DH can sort out his mother. DD has been watching Lego Masters and the Woolies ads all mention Mothers Day! So she’s on the case :)

AuntyJJJ

I saw a massive pink display in Coles and was super confused - Like, is it Valentines Day?? Then no...all the days have blurred into one....saw the big MUM let's and realised it's almost MAY! what happened?!

• Like 3

rosie28

First year she actually wants something, a lemon tree, and I have no idea how to get a tree to her!

Lots of local nurseries are doing deliveries, maybe call somewhere local to her?

Fi Fy Festive Fo

A local patisserie are doing their high tea in a box! I am hoping to order and maybe share with my mum in the driveway!

• Like 4

Riotproof

The book idea is really a good one. Mum only reads on her kindle now because she needs the font so large it is ridiculous.

Let-it-go

I will confess I’m just excited that I don’t have to get some crap from the school Mothers Day stall. Silver linings and all.

• Like 4

dreamweaver80

Is it Mother's Day soon? God, I haven't given it a single thought. My mum is in another country, partner will likely be still away for work at that time and I'm not expecting too much from my 6 month old and 2 year old sons. In fact, without there father here, I'll be even more run off my feet than the norm and my norm is pretty hectic. Good thing we're not really the celebratory types. It will just be another day like the one before and the one after.

MooGuru

I got my Mum a Love Your Sister Mother's Day box.

• Like 2

Riotproof
PooksLikeChristmas

I feel like I did order something for myself but I can’t remember what it was. Usually I write things down but I’m so disorganised. Every day is like Christmas when the post arrives, and I’ve forgotten what I bought online weeks ago.

• Like 1

Murderino

I’d forgotten mothers day (is it first or second Sunday) but my birthday is late in May so I’d arranged to buy myself a jumper for that so now the kids are chipping in to that for both.

My mum passed away several years ago so it’s just me to think of.

Kallie88

Second Sunday, fathers day is first Sunday.

• Like 1

Lime-Polka-Dot

Maybe a photobook? I've probably left it too late to organise to recieve in time from online.

• Like 1

Oriental lily

Regarding flowers if you want to deliver them put your order in very very early !

we are wholesale florists and fully expect to have no way near enough flowers to supply for everyone .

Import flowers like roses are not coming in .

the growers originally thought we would end up in stage 4 lockdown so turned the heat all down on their hot houses . Already it’s very very hard to source the amount we normally get and the prices are increasing dramatically .

growers are not taking orders . They will just go to the markets and it will be pandemonium . Many florists will not get the flowers they need so will either cancel orders or have limited amount they will full fill .

so don’t order a couple of days before Mother’s Day . Order NOW !

• Like 2