Has anyone thought about Mother’s Day?

Riotproof

What are you buying your mum?

~Jolly_F~

No idea for my mum.

But I know what I will be getting :)

• Like 1

Riotproof

Well, you can’t just leave that there without telling us.

• Like 3

~Jolly_F~

A fiddle leaf fig tree with a pretty pot I want.

Nothing exciting :lol:

• Like 5

Riotproof

A fiddle leaf fig tree with a pretty pot I want.

Nothing exciting :lol:

I was looking at some beautiful pots on somewhere, maybe Etsy And then I realised they were 11 cm tall. So I guess it’s for a Cactus.

JB, yes I get you, I’m just feeling like I should put some effort in.

Green Sage

I don’t have the mental capacity right now to plan for a Mother’s Day gift to get to my mum. Wish we could just cancel it this year.

My friend is turning 40 too, another thing to organise.

Lou-bags

I’m getting my mum a sock gift pack from Mettle.

They are an initiative that provides stable work and training to women who are homeless and fleeing DV.

https://www.mettlegifts.com/

They are also doing hand sanitiser now! It’s not cheap, but like I said it’s supporting women rebuild their lives, and for each small batch they sell (I don’t know how many packs that equates to) they are donating 20L of sanitiser to women’s shelters!

• Like 3

Mose

Gifts no.

Great joy that the debacle that is inlaws on mother's Day will be abandoned though, I have thought about that a lot!

• Like 7

Riotproof

Wow, they look fantastic, Lou bags.

I have been looking at the buyfromthebush Insta and am looking at Greenwooddesigns.com.au

• Like 1

Evra

I’ve dropped many hints about the length of time deliveries are taking and the need to order ahead (because MIL will expect something, you know!) but DH has not reacted. I would like some fancy new pyjamas!

Have ordered some scrapbooking stuff for my Mum, since she seems to enjoy that during lockdown and we’re pretending she isn’t going out and buying things. But it is yet to arrive.

• Like 1

Riotproof

Pyjamas are a good idea, Evra. Yes, I thinking shipping will be a problem too. I don’t especially want to drive 1.5 hours to stand at the front door with a parcel.

do you have a brand in mind?

• Like 1

71Cath

I've ordered a book for my mum (essays on being a grandmother!) from Dymocks, it hasn't arrived yet.

• Like 1

Jenflea

I've mentioned a few times to Dh that Koko Black is still open.

It is right near where he works!

Except he's at home now and no where near a shop, sigh.

Might do a card for MiL from us.

Silverstreak

Mum and I usually just ring each other up and say happy mother's day lol, so I'll be doing that. We don't really do anything extra at home, card making etc is usually outsourced to school!

What I'd like to do: book myself into a hotel for a night, take myself to dinner and a movie, lounge around a hotel room and then get a buffet breakfast the next day!

• Like 2

IkeaAddict

Mum will get flowers this year, if they are still delivering. It's likely I won't be able to see her anyway so I will also get a card that I will post to arrive there before

Riotproof

Mum will get flowers this year, if they are still delivering. It's likely I won't be able to see her anyway so I will also get a card that I will post to arrive there before

I was contemplating that but then I thought busy times of year, and ordering unseen might be risky. You know how the bouquet looks amazing on screen, and then arrives looking like crap?

• Like 1

lozoodle

Probably nothing, i might arrange for some flowers to be sent to her :)

nom_de_plume

I have ordered flowers and some maccarons to be delivered to my Mum.

I've dropped several hints* to DP about what I would like seeing as he will be working on the day and doesn't have the school stall to save him.

*Okay so I have tagged him in about half a dozen companies advertising posts on Facebook saying 'suggestion for Mother's Day present'. Subtle as a sledgehammer.

• Like 2

sahmie

Riotproof

Sahmie, mum is getting into her garden too. She has one of those pod things.. a raised bed, on wheels I think? That has a cover, so it’s like a hot house. I’m not sure what it’s actually called.

PrincessPeach

I'm getting the kids to make a card for her. Will probably send her a lotto coupon as well.

Wedont go all out for mothers day.

wilding

Honestly, at this stage it's the last thing on my mind.

• Like 4

CrankyM

I have zero ideas. I'm missing my mum hugely at the moment, and DH is useless at this type of thing for his mum and I don't want to think about it. I also have multiple family birthdays in May (7 of them!).

Kiwi Bicycle

I was contemplating that but then I thought busy times of year, and ordering unseen might be risky. You know how the bouquet looks amazing on screen, and then arrives looking like crap?

I find the best way is to find a store near the recipient that you have popped your head in to see, not a huge chain service. Also see if they deliver themselves, especially if they are local, it's more likely to arrive on time and done carefully. I would also do a phone order while looking at their website, so you can guage care, suggestions etc.

• Like 2

BadCat
Posted (edited)

Edited by BadCat