Sign in to follow this  
daisychaon

“Bottom pain” as a sign of non IgE allergy?

daisychaon

Hi guys, DD is now 3 yrs old and we are doing a lot better in terms of having identified her multiple non IgE allergies and remaining at baseline between food challenges.

I am curious to know if anybody’s little ones complain of “bottom pain” when they are having a reaction?

It has been a pretty consistent symptom for our DD ever since she has been able to voice it. She says it’s inside her bottom so I assume it’s a rectal pain, although she has never had bleeding to suggest proctitis. Sometimes it’s really distressing.

She has also started getting a red raised rash (like large blind pimples, occasionally with a white head) around her bottom- it’s not what I would consider a classic nappy rash, it’s spread over her bottom cheeks. Has anyone noticed this?

Her symptoms have pretty much always been confined to her gut (bloating, severe abdo pain, flatus +++, and mucus poo) with poor sleep when she is reacting. So I am guessing this bottom stuff is an extension of that. Just curious to check the experience of others. Thanks!

Not Escapin Xmas

Yes, definitely an issue. For both myself and my daughter. We both have severe intolerances.

• Like 1

daisychaon

Thanks Not Escaping Xmas. I’m sorry to hear that for you guys. Do you mean the bottom pain or the rash or both? And if you don’t mind me asking, is it sort of a pain as tho you need to pass a motion but there’s nothing there? Or just pain? Sorry for TMI

Not Escapin Xmas

Not so much rash, but definitely pain. DD has cried at various times. She also gets pain urinating but it’s not a UTI.

I get the ‘need to poo but can’t’ thing and stinging around anus. I also had recurrent thrush for YEARS before finally getting on top of the diet.

It’s so good that you’re getting on top of it at such a young age. I just didn’t realise that I was permanently in pain until I was finally successfully treated when I was 38 (now 45).

daisychaon

Yes! DD gets the pain on urination thing too! She says her wee hurts and poo hurts. Thank you for validating my observations of my child- something the medical profession struggles with at times as this is clearly all so poorly understood.

I cannot begin to imagine the journey you have had ... that is a very long time to have had untreated food issues. It is so nice to be able to come on here and find people who can relate and make you feel like you are not crazy. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Not Escapin Xmas

My pleasure. It's been a massive learning curve. And there are SO many symptoms that are still not recognised as food related. I've given up trying to explain to most medical professionals.