Thylacine

Online orders right now

Thylacine

Obviously everyone is avoiding the shops right now and so doing most of their shopping online, so online shopping is taking a fair bit longer than it usually would and lots of items are out of stock.

My Booktopia order is delayed and I expect will be cancelled. My Target order had some items cancelled too.

I need to buy presents for DS's birthday next month. Anyone know where I can buy books or toys from that still has stock?

How are your orders going?

kimasa

Ordered a birthday present for DH from Booktopia yesterday, quite early because I was expecting it to be delayed but I got an email this morning saying it has been shipped.

• Like 1

Bearynice

Are any of your local independent stores doing delivery?

A local toy shop has upped their Facebook presence and are delivering in the afternoons for a small fee

• Like 4

DontPokeTheBearMum

I looked online briefly for some winter clothes for the boys- just track pants and hoodies. Sold out everywhere. So frustrating!

• Like 1

Squeekums The Elf

My hair dye is tracking on time so far

My Port Adelaide gurnsey should be here Monday

My scarf arrived yesterday

Now looking at new printers as ours is out of ink

The only order I had issues with was my smiggle order and after 2 days of telling aus post to get off their behind and look, they found it and was at my place in under 24 hours. It had sat in same place for a whole week till I jumped up and down

• Like 1

Thylacine

I looked online briefly for some winter clothes for the boys- just track pants and hoodies. Sold out everywhere. So frustrating!

Oh that's annoying. Target looks like they have a bit but I didn't check sizes. And it's mostly grey and blue. Next is usually good for colour but alas, they are closed

Thylacine

Oh and I just remembered Mother's day! Better buy something for mum too. And me

Squeekums The Elf

Oh and I just remembered Mother's day! Better buy something for mum too. And me

When's that?

PrincessPeach

I bought a couple things from discount toy co & they have arrived. Took a few days longer than normal for delivery, but i think that is an Australia Post issue.

YodaTheWrinkledOne
Posted (edited)

I just received an email about a webcam I ordered over 3 weeks ago (16 March). When I ordered it, delivery time was estimated to be 2-3 days. Now they are saying late May .... ****!

Dan Murphys order was split into 4 deliveries. I kid you not, they delivered a single 6 pack by itself, a bottle of baileys by itself.

Edited by YodaTheWrinkledOne

needs to get out

Placed a Kmart order (had some gift cards as presents from PIL - went through and got children to pick what they wanted etc - only to find out at the end that Kmart online doesn’t accept gift cards so had to pay with my card and remember to use gift cards at Coles).

Order placed 24 March. No tracking etc. Rang yesterday - order apparently lost in some system and I’d receive tracking info by end of yesterday. Nothing in my email.

$150 worth of stuff. I’m sure half will be out of stock by the time they track down my order. Very unimpressed.

Thylacine

When's that?

May 10

• Like 1

Tall Poppy

I’ve recently shopped at Nike, David Jones and Big W for my daughters birthday and Target for my Dad’s birthday and I have found them the same turnaround as before. I often used online shopping pre-Covid 19.

• Like 1

JK4

I am usually an online shopper just getting delivery to home now rather than PO Box. Anything being delivered by Australia Post seems to be taking a lot longer and big retailers with sales are taking a long time to process orders. I ordered 1 item from Target on 4/4 to get ready for my daughter’s birthday and it is still being processed, not even shipped yet....

~LemonMyrtle~

People on EB are saying that Kmart and the like shouldn’t be open cause they’re not “essential” but I am so glad my local Target is still open. Cause I have two young and growing boys and it has become so hard to get them clothes online. Its the only kids clothes store open at my local shopping centre. Actually, best and less I think is still open.

Everything online is indeed taking longer and stock is slim.

DH has good luck with The Iconic, they have always been online only, so have good systems in place.

I dread buying kids shoes. Buying kids shoes online is always a disaster for me. I even measure their feet and it never works out. One son has wide feet, another son has small feet, it’s just too hard to estimate remotely.

• Like 1

PrincessPeach

i swear everything in best & less online is out of stock.

• Like 4

Prancer is coming

I have shopped online in the last few weeks from rebel and target and it was fine. Have you tried rebel for kids sports gear? They had 25% off sale stuff hen I shopped, so on par with full priced decent stuff from target,

~LemonMyrtle~

And read the fine print!! I’ve been caught out by “in stock, delivery immediately” vs “due in one months time” which are both different to “out of stock”.

I guess, having stock on the water, they still sell it online, but it often takes a bit of reading to realise it’s not due for another month.

• Like 1

Bearynice

Placed a Kmart order (had some gift cards as presents from PIL - went through and got children to pick what they wanted etc - only to find out at the end that Kmart online doesn’t accept gift cards so had to pay with my card and remember to use gift cards at Coles).

Order placed 24 March. No tracking etc. Rang yesterday - order apparently lost in some system and I’d receive tracking info by end of yesterday. Nothing in my email.

$150 worth of stuff. I’m sure half will be out of stock by the time they track down my order. Very unimpressed.

Fingers crossed for you. I ordered on 28th and mine just arrived today. I got an email last night saying it was arriving today.

Hopefully yours is delivered soon.

ineedmorecoffee

Ordered 2 pairs of winter pjs for dd from Target, 1 ended up being cancelled as out of stock. Not holding my breath about when it turns up.

Surprised that next direct has decided to close their online business, especially at a time like this when they would have benefited from more online shopping.

I miss walking around the shops :mellow:

• Like 1

Ghost Girl

I had a few orders going at once, Kogan, office works, marks+Spencer, Kmart and big w. I online shop when I'm anxious. So far I have received all bar the Marks+Spencer. I have had a few things from Kmart not ending up coming but do far everything else arrived. I'm heading over to appliances online next. Try and keep my anxiety at bay.

**Xena**

My online orders have actually been really good luckily. The only issues have been one item from my Kmart order was out of stock and Adair's are taking awhile to send my order. I've ordered a lot of stuff though and it's all been sent and received pretty quickly all things considered.

Target is pretty good for toys at the moment. I have a couple coming from there and they sent them very quickly. I have some coming from Kmart too but Kmart toy orders can be annoying if you want a specific colour or figurine as they will just pick at random.

MarciaB
Posted (edited)

Obviously everyone is avoiding the shops right now and so doing most of their shopping online, so online shopping is taking a fair bit longer than it usually would and lots of items are out of stock.

My Booktopia order is delayed and I expect will be cancelled. My Target order had some items cancelled too.

I need to buy presents for DS's birthday next month. Anyone know where I can buy books or toys from that still has stock?

How are your orders going?

Apparently Kidstuff is planning on re-opening most of their stores shortly - they would then surely do a phone order if you don't want to head out? Or pick up if there is one near you? Not sure if they have an online store.

Edited by MarciaB

Kiwi Bicycle

I placed an order from Beauty Bay 4 weeks ago not realising it was coming from the UK. I thought I would see it in 3 or more months when I found out.

It arrived last week.

Kidstuff does online orders for toys and have been texting me specials.

If you are in Melbourne, check out Toot Toot Toys.

• Like 1

Coffeegirl

Orders have been hit and miss

David Jones - toys for my nephews birthday shipped earlier than expected. Said 7-9 business days, but it shipped the next day

Peter of Kensington. wine glasses for DH - ordered and paid extra for same day delivery, last week. Never arrived. They reshipped on Monday . Both shipments sent by the supplier have now been lost by StarTrack.

Pillow talk - new sheets and doona for DS. Ordered last week. Only dispatched today.

Ona coffee. I order this every month and shipping has been normal

I express posted something on Monday last week and Aus Post have lost it. I know they have it as it was last scanned on the 31st but hadn’t left depot since.