MooGuru

Motivation

MooGuru

How are people maintaining their fitness motivation during isolation?

Quay11

PE with Joe isn't too bad :)

• Like 1

SeaPrincess

I’m trying to keep my children active. One is doing CrossFit, was able to borrow equipment from the gym and they’re posting classes on Instagram and running in-person classes on Zoom. The younger ones are doing Les Mills classes with me. They’ve put up some more child-friendly workouts, but DS wants to do Body Combat and DD wants to do Body Balance. We’re also going for a walk most days (I walk the dog on my own every day before they wake up as well).

• Like 1

Fi Fy Festive Fo

I am actually finding it easier now I have no time because I'm not commuting. Kids and I walk most days, I do a live stream Zumba class but Les mills online.i think the trick is to.make it routine, a new habit

• Like 1

null

We go out at the same time each day for a family walk.

My youngest is very persistent in making me play handball with him every day which keeps me going.

I also do the free videos from Fitness Blender and Team Body Project but because it is not a routine, I am not as regular with those.

I might try PE with Joe and get the kids to join me. That way we can hopefully get each other moving regularly.

Froyo

I'm finding that I'm more motivated as it gives me a much needed distraction.

Odd-1-Out

I go out walking about 7kms each day in nature park. What motivates me is that I lost a huge amount of weight and I dont want to get fat again. We have high rainfall in my area and im a bit worried about how to exercise once the winter rains hit. My house is tiny so not enough room for gym equipment.

• Like 1

ballogo

Led Mills online - there are some free ones and my DDs are trying them with me.

My gym instructor wrote me a modified gym program that I can do with 2x 5kg weight plates left behind by DH, 3 different resistance bands, my daughter's skipping rope, my daughter's mat, and my son's bike trainer.

The best motivation comes from a group chat in Messenger of friends from my weekly Step class. Everyone shares what they are trying at home now we don't see each other.

DQMission

I found some very reliable motivation recently: I stepped on my scales for the first time in months. After crying for a morning, it was enough to get me moving as much as I can (which isnt much) and to rethink my 'need' for comfort food.

Am having weekly (online) sessions with my physio mainly for accountability and modification of my program if I find it makes my muscles more rigid or the pain stops me from sleeping for more than one night.

Also, if I decide to binge watch something, I do my exercises between episodes.

Any time I move off my chair/couch I include a few exercises.

If I want crap food, I have nutritious food first and then when I have the less nutritious food, I satisfy the craving but also want less.

I dont have it all well in hand yet, but I feel like its working for me. I need to maximise incidental activity because dedicated time doesnt work as well for me right now and usually just causes a lot of pain.

• Like 2

#YKG

My motivation has died, I don’t know if it’s because my work schedule is still pretty consistent and I’m leaving the house or because I don’t have to be anywhere. I don’t know.

My F45 are doing Zoom sessions 4 times a day, they have a $30 online membership where they post workouts, do live workouts etc. do I might join that and see if it gets my motivation back.

wilding

I'm using swolenormousx and the swolefam for my motivation. I only have resistance bands and doing yoga. Miss the proper powerlifting side of things, but making do.

Jenno

I do something each with 2 of my 3, did a 13km bike ride this morning with my youngest.

Will do a circuit with middle child soon....

• Like 1

Crazyhouseholdof6
  • Like 1

Rummonkey

Yup- we’re a fairly active family anyway. Kids get themselves ready for a big bike ride every morning with the whole family (dogs go too). Come home do a workout with me for 30 mins. Then I can do a run in the arvo (yay for not having to run at insane o’clock in the dark at 5am anymore). Using a mix of gym YouTube videos and centr workouts. Am finding I am drinking more. And chocolate consumption has increased. That keeps me motivated.