Delillah1

small businesses for delivery of groceries/veg in Melbourne

Delillah1

Hi,

I thought I'd start a thread for recommendations for small businesses that deliver in Melbourne. I am in the Northern suburbs and usually shop in person, however I'd like to limit movement outside the house and looking to get some or most of my groceries/fruit /veg/meat delivered.

Anyone use a service that they can recommend?

Meepy

We use Victorian Farmers Direct. Very similar to what Aussie Farmers was but much smaller range. Not for groceries, just fruit/veg, milk, eggs, cheese etc.

born.a.girl

Great idea.

I will probably have to visit this place first, because they've not been doing home deliveries so far, but I got a facebook ad for them, and they're not far from me.

So .... if you're less than 5k from Ashburton, this might be for you:

https://topshelffruits.com.au/

They haven't set up online ordering yet, but their facebook page tells you what they're doing so far.

• Like 1

Kallie88

Fruitastic services the south east, they've been hammered with new customers lately though, so more expensive than usual to deal with demand. I've been using them for over a year and really like them though

Rummonkey

The fruit men in Cheltenham are awesome. Deliver to Mentone, Parkdale, beaumaris. Highly recommend.

Delillah1

Does anyone use anyone in the Northern suburbs?

Meepy

Vic farmers direct is in some northern suburbs.

Gudrun

Nova Fresh

Delillah1

I've signed up for Vic farmers. There's a waiting list. Most places are not accepting new customers. I will call Nova Fresh tomorrow. I also found a place called Belmore fresh fruit and Veg which I will call too.

Not much luck with a groceries site though

reachforthestars

Looking for decent bread and eggs too if anyone knows of somewhere?

purpleblaze

A friend of mine recommends Melba and Me - head office in Epping.

born.a.girl

Don't know how close people are to Ascot Vale or Seddon, but The Happy Apple have online ordering, and delivery. 

I used to deal with them in my business and they treated their suppliers very well, which is always a good sign.

rainycat

D’Alia bro’s in Rosebud are fantastic. They deliver fruit/veg, have a bakery next door and also work with the butcher next door to that. 
We were getting a long john, chocolate eclair or vanilla slice home delivered as well! 

RynandStompy

There's a Fawkner based org/collective that's been linked to in my local GK fb neighborhood group.

https://openfoodnetwork.org.au/fawknercommons/shop#/shop 

I've not used, but some member photos look nice. I'd suggest join your local GK group as it looks like there's a few different fruit and veg collectives doing deliveries or contactless pickups.  Main catch is having to shop in their order windown as they're not businesses. And not all do deliveries.

blackcat20

Bushy Park in Wantirna South have just started a local delivery service. I used to shop there weekly when I lived closer, the quality of the fruit and veg is fabulous.

https://bigwatermelononline.com.au/

nom_de_plume

I am in the north-east. All our local fruit and veg shops and butchers do delivery so I have been placing orders with them and then using Woolies click and collect for the rest. We don't need many pantry items though as I did a huge Costco shop last month and we make our own bread and pasta.

We used to shop at Preston market.

TND

Pompei fruit and veg.   They have added other lines during Covid.  

Delillah1
On 29/03/2020 at 10:38 PM, reachforthestars said:

Looking for decent bread and eggs too if anyone knows of somewhere?

I found a bread place at. Vic market yesterday. Free delivery up to 20 km away with a $20 order minimum. 

https://www.mgcaiafa.com.au/

seayork2002

No I am not in VIC but have you tried contacting the business local to you direct (the ones you use normally or you are aware they exist) because even if they don't advertise they may deliver to locals ie within 5kms - some near me in Sydney do (again no not in vic but yours may do so)

Delillah1
On 20/08/2020 at 11:17 AM, Delillah1 said:

I found a bread place at. Vic market yesterday. Free delivery up to 20 km away with a $20 order minimum. 

https://www.mgcaiafa.com.au/

I received my order today. I was very happy! They sell bread making flour and gorgeous bread by Noisette as well as yummy Nutella donuts! I can't believe they delivered free!

reachforthestars

Thanks so much Delliah1. I'll have a look!