maryanneK

Les Mills online?

maryanneK

Anyone done this? I used to do these classes at the gym but looking for something I can do at home now. Any reviews here?

• Like 1

born.a.girl

I didn't know they had online classes. I do a couple of Body Balance once each week. Or used to, I stopped going to the group classes about ten days ago.

Which ones do you do?

I must admit for me, with body balance I'd just do separate yoga and pilates, the tai chi is not my thing at all.

Have a look at Yoga with Adriene. Also, the five Tibetan rites on wiki.

SkeptiHandsOnMum

I use it and love it. I share a membership with a friend as it is for multiple devices.

There are so many classes!

petal71

It's awesome. I signed up a month ago. I used to be an avid Body Jam fan then they closed all that when Zumba came out. Now they have Sh'bam and it's a lot like BodyJam, so I am happy. There are a lot of different programs on there and for SH'bam, about 50 classes.

SeaPrincess
Posted (edited)

I have a membership and I’ve enjoyed it. I’ve liked trying the different class types as well.

I’ve PMed you a link for a 30 day trial.

Edited by SeaPrincess

Contrebasse

I just signed up (as our gym is closed). Have done balance and attack so far. There are also some kids’ workouts on there.

FoxinSocks

I have a subscription and love it. Lots of variety. And it has really proven useful since I started wfh last week - nothing like 15 mins of yoga to recentre and destress.

SplashingRainbows

Been doing it for about 12 months. Love it.

Gets used 3+ times a week here. Up to 6 over the last Xmas holidays.

I’ve purchased the Les mills smart bar and step from them directly - it was my birthday present last year. But you can do plenty of classes without equipment or with a $10 step from Kmart.

• Like 1

maryanneK

Thanks so much, and thanks sea princess for the link! I signed up for a one month membership that comes with a 14 day free trial, so I'll see how that goes for the next 14 days then see if I want to proceed with the membership or just use what they have made available for free online.

Do you cast to a tv, or use a tablet or what? How do you see what you're doing?

• Like 1

SplashingRainbows

I have the app downloaded on our Apple TV and just access it that way.

Rummonkey

Nike also released a app (it’s free) Nike workout with free workouts.

I use a bunch, les mills, centr, Nike app and my regular gym are now online.

I really like centr workouts. And the food is delicious (no complaints from entire family). Love les Mills as well. But I think centr wins for me.

Use either phone or tv depending on what workout I’m doing. Inside or outside (again depending on workout).

SeaPrincess

I use the Apple TV app or cast from my iPad. I’ve done it just with the iPad, but I prefer the bigger screen of the TV.

Orangecake

I've just tried Les.mills online and found it a good workout. I normally.do a few classes every week at the gym.

We have a Google Chromecast set up at home, so cast from my phone to the tv, which worked well. Have overtaken the kids playroom tv!

SkeptiHandsOnMum

I am embarrassed to admit that I just use the ipad because I have a dodgy old TV and have no idea what all this casting is that you speak of.

• Like 1

raechel82

I use my iPad too, I keep planning to change this but I am ok with the iPad.

AuntyJJJ

Omg I love body jam I’ve been going since 2007

So happy to go online I’ll check it out

just roses

Is your own gym going online?

Mine is - not sure how it's going to work yet. But I'm keen to continue to support it if I can.

born.a.girl

Is your own gym going online?

Mine is - not sure how it's going to work yet. But I'm keen to continue to support it if I can.

Mine have just emailed that everyone will be put on to deferral payment $8 per fortnight but that they are setting up some online stuff for that, so I will be interested to see what it is.

eponee
Posted (edited)

I use it and love it. I share a membership with a friend as it is for multiple devices.

There are so many classes!

How much is a membership per month? I cant find it on the web page

edit; Never mind. I found it :)

Edited by eponee

AuntyJJJ

I am a Body Jam s*ut. I used to go to every class in Sydney - Monday Darlinghurst, Tuesday Randwick, Wed park st etc etc

Now I do dance three days in a row, with BJ on Sat! It's my life it makes me so happy and the #1 thing I grieve for post Covid....besides having kids in my face 24/7!!

I will be doing some BJ online. But it's not the same :( I need to dress, be in the zone, be in the room, and be performing with a group!!

• Like 1