27plus

Educators - what do you think

MadMarchMasterchef

The reason they are giving for keeping schools open 100% conflicts the advice given about everything else. So kids are not able to visit grandma in a nursing home because they might transmit the virus to her, but they can go to school & transmit the virus to their 63 year old teacher. Or pass it on to a classmate who then takes it home to grandma at home.

I realise this was posted 3 days ago but we were advised about a week ago children couldnt go to nursing homes (we have a relative my kids normally visit).. No kids, they are limited to 2 visitors a day and it must be in the outdoor area of the nursing home not the resident's room.

MadMarchMasterchef

Thought Id also add just in case it reassures anyone, our school is taking teacher safety seriously. Literally everything except lessons has been cancelled (music, sport, OT, assembly) parents were asked to stay outside the gates and only contact teachers by phone. Hand washing and sanitation is taken seriously. I know its probably not enough, but the school cares about the teachers and so do we.

27plus

So how is everyone going now?  Honestly I do not remember my post (too many wines methinks). Tonight I just though I would search "me" and this came up. So I am curious as how you are all doing. I am still drinking wine.