Sign in to follow this  
Margi8

Corona virus

Margi8

Anyone thinking of postponing IVF because of corona virus? I've read of some clinics having to cancel appointments and procedures overseas and I know its not as bad here but who knows what will happen in the next month

Wonderstruck

Our clinic has just been keeping up the cleaning. Asking only those being treated to attend and asking people to use sanitisers and not attend if sick.

I did a transfer mid last month.

Dolled

We're definitely considering it, postponing that is. For us, to the best of our knowledge our clinic is operating as normal, but what we don't know is what the future looks like for our health system or our economy (which would then impact our job security).

Maree22P

Hi,

We're actually in Greece right now!

We arrived last week, before travel restrictions etc really started to kick in.

The situation is changing rapidly obviously, and it was only yesterday we got word that our clinic would be able to complete our donor's EPU.

However there's still no guarantee that our transfer will go ahead in the days after that as there are further restrictions on what people can do/where they can go seemingly everyday, and it's highly possible that the Ministry of Health could direct all businesses to close, including clinics.

More and more countries are closing their borders and airlines are cancelling flights, so whilst we now have to mandatorily self quarantine when we get back to Australia, we're just hoping we CAN actually get back!

Our clinic have advised us that, unless the Health Ministry (or we) change plans, they're doing everything they can to complete treatment for that that are already well down the path with a treatment cycle.

Otherwise, they've advised all patients with upcoming cycles NOT to travel, and have postponed their cycles.

Bottom line: there's so much unknown and the situation is changing every day; If your clinic hasn't postponed you yet it's highly likely they will; either way, it's probably a wise choice ...

For now; given we're here and have come so far, we're just crossing everything that our treatment isn't cancelled!

Stay safe and well x

AuntyJJJ

I had a FET yesterday and I realised today I can not afford to get a fever

So I will stay at home for about 2 months

I will miss another 1-2 FET if this one is not successful as Australia will have the same disease curve that goes for 4-6wk

~*Rainbow*~

I’m due for egg collection this week, but I’m in VIC and all non essential businesses will be closing. So I guess my cycle will be cancelled?

Wonderstruck

I think medical services are excluded.

*Andi*

I'm in Victoria and in at my clinic tomorrow for a scan and BT, probably due for EPU on Wednesday or Friday. I'm crossing everything it will go ahead! Obviously anyone sick can't enter, but it's a private clinic not attached to a hospital. Hopefully they can at least see out current cycles.

I'll be getting embryos tested (which happens in the UK, so I'm expecting delays). Wasn't planning to transfer until June anyway, but will have to reassess then as I need steroids and blood thinners.

Sweet.Pea

Are they likely to take on new appointments during this time?

~*Rainbow*~

According to my clinic this morning, it’s business as usually until further notice. They are still taking new appointments/cycles. However, I was told to be expect at any time for the cycle to be cancelled. Even if it’s the day of egg collection. We just have to wait and see at this point.

IamOzgirl

I think medical services are excluded.

Apparently IVF A are saying IVF is not classed as an essential medical service.

My clinic are blithely progressing with my FET.

Wonderstruck

My clinic starting with G said BAU today on their insta and FB. Not sure what an happen in coming days. Hoping for everyone they at least can finish ongoing cycles.

alek2019

I was lucky enough to have my transfer early Feb. I got my BFP. Not all are as lucky though. My clinic in Cyprus have already stopped treatments. They said they will give another announcement by April 1. That's in a week, I really doubt things will change for the better by then.

alek2019

Hi ladies, would love to hear for some updates.  How are you getting along?  Treatments progressing?😀

*Andi*

I last posted that I was almost due for EPU. I managed to have it done (in Melbourne) on 27th March, at that stage they were only seeing through current cycles. A few days later it was announced that all IVF was to stop. But a few days after that they were allowed to complete cycles again that had already started. I was lucky to get in when I did! 

My embryo biopsies were sent to the UK for testing, and only took a few weeks. 3/4 were good and one was no result. I waited until June for the first transfer, which was negative. In July I had two embryos transferred, and I will be 12 weeks tomorrow with twins 🥰

My clinic in Melbourne is pretty much business as usual (just the obvious don't go in unless necessary, not if sick, no partners etc). There's no waitlist for new patients to start either! 

How are you going @alek2019?

Edited by *Andi*
  • Like 1

IamOzgirl

Yes Andi. I believe IVF was granted an exemption. I saw a news story on it. 

I am lucky I am already staying with my parents in regional NSW as my clinic chosen hospital for EPU are not allowing patients from Sydney. 

*Andi*
1 hour ago, IamOzgirl said:

Yes Andi. I believe IVF was granted an exemption. I saw a news story on it. 

It was eventually, not at first. Initially you had to have already started your cycle, then they put a stop to it completely. But a few days later they reinstated it and said you could continue (some people had missed transfers etc in that time that it was stopped though). Now it is classified as an essential service. 

Edited by *Andi*

alek2019

As it should be.  North Cyprus is back, although even when  international flights are  open, there are certain guidelines for foreign visitors regarding quarantine.