Sign in to follow this  
Disydo2018

TTC again after fertility issues

Disydo2018

Hi everyone,

I have an almost four month old DS. We had a bit of trouble conceiving him and I needed ovulation tracking and progesterone support to become pregnant. It meant being monitored constantly with blood tests and taking drugs that made me feel exhausted and moody. We also found out that I have a low ovarian reserve so will need to conceive again quickly given we want two or three children.

We’re thinking we will start TTC again in about two months when DS is six months. I don’t mind the idea of being pregnant again so soon but the thought of all the monitoring again makes me feel sad and stressed. The FS wants to monitor with blood tests and scans and trigger O each month.

I know I should feel positive because at least I know that all of this works and I should be able to get pregnant again, but I just dread how intense it will be and how much headspace it takes up.

Does anyone have any advice for managing anxiety in this situation? I also feel quite sad about it but I know many people go through much worse. TIA.

Disydo2018

I should also add that I also had an early miscarriage before DS was conceived which doesn’t help my anxiety and sadness about it all.

Jenflea

Just because you had one MC, it doesn't mean you'll have another.

With a 6 month old, you may well be too busy to have the time to feel anxious and stressed, a baby is a good distraction!

But if you're not ready mentally to try again, then don't. Take 3 or 4 months if you need, get into a good routine with the current baby, get sleep if you can, lack of sleep will make it worse I'm betting.

Disydo2018

Thanks Jingleflea. Distraction via baby will probably be a good strategy. It’s not that I don’t feel ready to have another baby - it’s the process of trying that fills me with dread. But I need to work on that.

Jenflea

DD was an IVF baby, I understand not wanting to go through it all again.

• Like 1

Wonderstruck

I have done a stimulated round of IVF and 4 froze embryo transfers.

DD came from the second transfer and I'm 7 weeks with the 4th transfer.

Both DDs transfer and this one I did most of the monitoring whilst on a holiday in Melbourne and Canberra.

Yes the anxiety and the stress of all the monitoring, blood tests, needles etc was there but as the PP said distraction really helps. You'll be busy with your DS and you can try and find things to keep you busy.

Also it helped me to confide in a friend to share my feeling about. A lot of clinics have counselling you can access or you could source some yourself.

It's rough and not fun TTC with IVF/OI etc but it's worked for you before so use that to keep you motivated.

Good luck!

Disydo2018

Thanks womderstruck I really appreciate that - it helps a lot. Congratulations on your pregnancy!