Sign in to follow this  
123Tree

Has anyone done a TPP?

123Tree

Hello,

I am seriously considering going to University next year. I have never been to university and am very intimidated by the thought.

I am hoping to do a Tertiary Preparation Plan this year, and get excepted into either a Bachelor or Occupational Therapy or Bachelor of Health Sciences.

This is the first time i will have studied in 21 years so I figure if I can apply myself and pass the TPP it will give me some idea of whether I am capable of going to university. Because I am late getting organised I will do 3 subjects per study period. To do 2 is considered part time, to do 4 is considered full time. I will be working three days a week, and be the mum to two kids who are 9 & 11 who are both on the spectrum so our lives are full of appointments.

The TPP is offered completely online.

So wise people of EB is the TPP hard? What were your experiences if any?

• Like 1

MissHLH

I haven't done a TPP, but I have found that being an adult learner is different then coming straight from school. Generally adults are more motivated, use their time better (probably because they have more things to do in life), and less afraid to ask questions and get help when they need it. I've seen this as a mature age student, and also as a uni lecturer who has the occasional mature age student.

You might be out of practice in things like writing essays, or knowing the best way to research a topic, but hopefully the TPP helps with those things.

• Like 1