Wonderstruck

Second pregnancy different symptoms

Wonderstruck

Hi all. Feeling rather anxious with this pregnancy for a number of reasons due to my previous pregnancy.

I'm 6 weeks on Friday. My previous pregnancy was in 2016/2017 and I was so nauseous from about week 5/5.5 - I felt awful. I had bleeding a few times which was terrifying but no other complications.

This pregnancy I don't feel sick at all. Both were IVF pregnancies and both girl embryos (didn't choose it that way just know the genders early due to PGD).

I know it's silly but I'm struggling to get to my 7 week scan on 21 Mar as I'm terrified I'll start bleeding like last time or something is wrong as I don't feel sick or the same as last time.

My HCG was 621 at 12 days past 5 day transfer and 4 days later was 2551.

Talk some sense into me please. I'm just so confused that I feel so different.

HolierThanCow

I'm pretty sure I felt more nauseous with my 1st than I did with my 2nd or 3rd... also had bleeding with 2nd and not the others. All were normal pregnancies.

Soontobegran

This anxiety is so very 'normal' even though it is awful to experience.

I have had 5 pregnancies, none IVF but they were all definitely different to each other with different variations of nausea and vomiting and with some there was almost no nausea.

Some I had some bleeding, some none and one a lot of it and I was just as anxious about #5 as I was with #1.

It was just me, the way I was. I shouldn't have been given my occupation but it didn't help at all.

Wishing you a healthy baby on the screen at your 7 week scan and a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Froggilicious

3 pregnancies. All totally different. First one I could barely eat I was so nauseous. Second pregnancy no nausea till second trimester. Third No nausea at all. I understand the fear, but try (easy for me to say) not to worry too much and just let things happen.

Wonderstruck

Thank you ladies. It's nice to hear that both my anxieties and different symptoms are likely entirely normal

• Like 1

Green lady

4 pregnancies. All different symptoms is the first 12-14 weeks. It’s a mind scramble

• Like 1

Kallie88

Agree with others, I'm on my 4th pregnancy currently, all very different. I know it's hard but try not to stress xx

Fluffybuns

Agreed. Different baby different symptoms. Fatigue and abdominal bloating are pretty consistent across both pregnancies actually...

Islander

With my first I was vomiting non-stop from 5 weeks onwards. With my second, no nausea at all till 9.5 weeks then bam- back to hyperemesis. Both girls, births less than two years apart. Just different in those early weeks (then horribly similar!). 

Wonderstruck

For anyone following this/searching this in the future. Im 20 weeks now and other than a small bleed at 8.5 weeks all is well at present. 

• Like 7

PandoBox

Sorry I know old thread but so so good to read this