Jackrabbit

Swimming laps

Jackrabbit

So I'm thinking of trying to overcome my self-consciousness and take up swimming as it is something that I have always enjoyed. Does anyone have any tips for the best brand of swimwear? I used to wear speedo but it was a bit high cut but I see they have some lower cut stuff now. So I want something with the legs not too high cut and enough coverage that my boobs don't fall out. Any suggestions? I'm a size 22.

Prancer is coming

I quite like takinis. I find there are plenty of tops with lots of support and inbuilt bras. Then you can match them with whatever you feel most comfy with on the bottom - Boy leg shorts, board shorts or just normal bather bottoms.

Target used to sell the best takinins several years ago and then stopped. I have not checked their stock this year. With summer on the way out, I reckon the main brands like Speedo will be all you can find. I don’t find any last better than others.

Good on you for taking it up. I started lap swimming last year and found it quite relaxing. And as a busy mum it is easy to fit in to my day - I swim when the kids do!

Bebecita

If you're planning to swim regularly, it's definitely worth buying the speedo costumes as they last so much longer. I personally really like the speedo contour clip back style. Also, aside from looking at how high cut they are, the size of the cutout at the back can make a big difference to how flattering swimmers are and how comfortable I feel. Some of the newer speedos have big cut outs, so I prefer the boom back style over the leaderback style.

JoanJett

I swim regularly. I have a pair of this brand bathers similar to these

https://zoggs.com.au/products/macmaster-scoopback-one-piece-navy

They're more expensive, but they are well lined and have support in the bust and tummy and are pretty generous in the bum, which makes them feel really comfortable. When you get up to swimming a few km, that can make a difference. They also hold up to chlorine really well.

Also invest in a decent pair of goggles - nothing worse than stopping every other lap to adjust.

Good luck!

Beancat

This post has just reminded me how much I love swimming laps and should do it at least once a week...thank you :)