Minnie80

First words

Minnie80

So, update. My daughter is now 17 months old but has only three words (bye, hello and go) She doesn't say mommy or her brother's name which she hears a hundred times a day.

I know a lot of people say that their kids took a while to say mommy, but this was one of the issues  that were a red flag with her brother. He was super friendly and interactive but had a hard time understanding that people have names. He would just come and tug my legs when he wanted something. It was definitely one of the things that made me feel that he had a problem and it wasn't just a language delay. My daughter does the same. We cosleep and she wakes up in the morning and tugs my arms, then point at the bottle when I wake up.

So yeah, that's where we are. I really wish she would start talking.

• Like 1

Redchick2

I come from absolutely no experience with speech delays or other issues so I am sorry if my post is simplistic/not understanding your situation at all. I know that with my boys they didn’t do something if they got what they needed. Eg because his brother would bring him things he didn’t need to bother crawling over to get something. Could this be happening with your daughter and her bottle? Would she say something if you don’t get it when she points? 

I have read many of your posts and you are an amazing mum doing the absolute best for your kids. 

• Like 1