Lallalla

What would your gut reaction be?

Freddie'sMum

Just on the subject of men caring for children - when our girls went to before and after school care (in primary school) there were loads of young guys looking after the kids. I thought it was great - it was wonderful to see these young men doing a caring role. They would do everything that a female carer would do - and it was great that there was a balance between male and female carers.

In the OP's case, what this carer is doing is inappropriate. Just plain inappropriate and the OP is well within her rights to talk to the centre director about the carer stop doing it.

• Like 3

PandoBox

I would find it so creepy that id pull dd out!!!!

trust your gut 100%

• Like 2

Bono25

I have a work mate who used to do holiday care when he was at uni. He said he wasn't even allowed to touch a kid, let alone pick someone up after they'd turned their ankle! I love the fact it's day care has men there, it's so good for the kids to have someone else around

• Like 1

mum2jp

I teach preschool and wouldn't initiate this kind of game as we are generally no contact.

As a rule I don't initiate physical contact, if a child hugs me as way of greeting or saying goodbye I will return the hug. If a child is distressed for example when being dropped off or hurt themselves I will offer comfort by asking the child "Do you need a hug?".

It could be an innocent game, is it something the educator does with all children or just your child?

If it makes you uncomfortable speak to the centre. You can say you have been beginning to have child protection talks with your child and you noticed this game and it goes against what you are trying to teach.

froglett

If it made you uncomfortable, say something. Trust your gut.

Like a PP I'd talk to the educator in charge and also put it in writing so they can provide a formal response of the steps they'll take to ensure it won't happen again.