Sign in to follow this  
JomoMum

Present for 7 year old girl

JomoMum

DS’s bestie is turning 7 next week and we’d like to get her a small gift. But he can’t tell me what she likes!

What are your 7 year olds into? :)

Thank you

Bearynice

Lots of seven year olds are into lego and smiggle stationery, maybe something like that?

marley*and*me

Slime making kit!

That is all my child makes at the moment.

Add in some various squishy, stick to the wall balls and you are set.

Flutters

Smiggle, slime, my DD just turned 8 last week and her fave presents were gift vouchers from collette, lovisa and sportsgirl (she loves the hair accessories, keychains, earrings etc)

kimasa

We are very into beading/general jewelry making here at the moment.

Islander

My seven year old LOVES the spirograph we gave her. And making kits (like the national geographic make a volcano or slime or crystals kits). And hama beads. And board games/card games like spot it.

• Like 2

Bereckii

My seven year old LOVES the spirograph we gave her. And making kits (like the national geographic make a volcano or slime or crystals kits). And hama beads. And board games/card games like spot it.

Hama Beads - excellent suggestion! My kids love these ones (transparent colours with glitter, they make good sun catchers to hang in windows):

https://www.spotlightstores.com/kids/kids-craft-kits/kids-activity-kits/hama-3000-glitter-bead-tub/BP80390078

https://www.spotlightstores.com/kids/kids-craft-kits/kids-activity-kits/hama-heart-star-peg-boards/BP80390115

Games are also an excellent idea. We have recently discovered Uno Flip - lots of fun!

Sleeping queens is another good game.

Other game ideas:

Rat-a-Tat-Cat and

Quiddler Junior

eachschoolholidays

Anything from smiggle

littleboysmum

Smiggle

Craft craft and more craft

Hair accessories

Books

Clothes

Those things you put in the bath and they go all fluffy and become a soft toy

Rainbowcorn

Blue Shoe

Lego

Hachimals

Glitter pens, erasable pens, etc

My DD got a lot of craft kits for her 7th birthday/Christmas but a lot of them require adult help, which I struggle to have patience for. Something she got which has been a huge hit is a box of craft stuff (I think from Kmart) filled with pipe cleaners, Pom poms, felt pieces, wooden pieces, beads etc - no step by step instructions to make a specific item, just using her imagination. No adult assistance required - a win for me!!

• Like 1

Contrebasse

LEGO

Smiggle stuff

Anything to do with art or drawing

Card games - sleeping queens is a favourite

Mine also loves books (especially non fiction) - this may not be universal though!

• Like 1

FuzzyChocolateToes

Beanie boos are popular with dd's friends.

Bebecita

A nice pair of havaianas have always been a hit when I've gifted them and at least I know they will always be used

• Like 1

hills mum bec

DD8 loves Beanie Boos, craft kits and any type of stationery. Fairy garden kits are also a great present.

• Like 1

JomoMum

Oh thank you everyone!!!

These sound like awesome suggestions. I have no idea what most of them are lol but surely I can find them at my local shopping centre!

JomoMum

So I went shopping this morning and bought a really sweet bracelet making kit with beads and bits and pieces, then went to Smiggle and got this awesome notebook/diary with her first initial on the front, covered in rainbow glitter and when you press a button it actually lights up around the letter! Plus a unicorn and mermaid glittery pen. Man I nearly bought a set for myself!

Thanks again everyone :)

FuzzyChocolateToes

She will love it!

hills mum bec

Sounds like a perfect gift.

jillyrubyjane

Disney princess girls play laptop, My 6yo daughter LOVES this thing. Loves it. They keys make sounds when you type and she loves that its pink. She pretends to be a teacher with it. 
Is it cheap and prob a waste Haha yes. But... completely worth it as my daughter still plays with it many many months later while other gifts are forgotten. she puts it in her backpack and everything. So totally worth it, highly recommend!!

Megan-K

My 8 year old LOVES her backpack from Penny Scallan! They have the cutest designs, and are extremely functional. It's all about the little details.