Sign in to follow this  
Steph116

Just not coping today

Steph116

So I have an 11yr old boy with ASD and ADHD, I also have a neurotypical 7 year old and a 3 year old. The 3 year old I have been concerned about for a while, seeing a developmental paed and having regular speech therapy as he has very little language. He has just started 3 year old kinder and it’s becoming glaringly obvious that he is well behind the other kids in most things. We have a paed appt Tuesday to do formal autism assessment and I’m just feeling really low. I don’t feel that I’m up to the task of raising a 2nd child with additional needs. I’m feeling angry and sad and just throwing myself a bit of a pity party really. Not really after any advice, just needed someone to talk to in my misery. Thanks for reading.

~Jolly_F~

Sometimes a pity party is needed.

It’s tough.

Just wanted to let you know that I had read your post and they you aren’t alone.

• Like 1

chillipeppers

Totally understandable. I’m sorry you have to do this all over again

CrankyM

Totally understandable. I’m sorry it’s so hard. When my 2nd child got a diagnosis I went through a lot of the same feelings.

Chaotic Pogo

Yes, it doesn’t get easier just because you’ve done it before. It can just look more daunting.

It’s tough parenting our kids. And hard to find people IRL that understand, or at best say kind but dumb things and worse say hurtful things.

You are allowed to say it’s tough. Really tough. And kind of check out and feel your feelings for a bit.

Got any chocolate?

MrsWidget

hugs. I hear you. I have two ASD boys (11&7) and I remember feeling like i was punched in the gut with the youngest's diagnosis, even though I was expecting it. I wont lie, its not easy but it's ok, most of the time. xxx

feelee

I can relate. Both of my kids were diagnosed ASD last year, and then the eldest with ADHD as well. It's ok to have those feelings. If you're like me, they will come and go. Go easy on yourself.

SillyDuff

I remember the feeling very well even though it was 10 years ago, I have three on the spectrum. Pity parties are definitely needed every so often, so big

hugs from this internet stranger.

bubskitkat

You ladies totally amaze me. I’m in total admiration for all that you do for your kids.

No matter how hard it is you still love and push harder to make your kids lives better.

Hats off to you all.

Behind Hazel Eyes

((((Steph116))))