notorico

Heat Pump Dryer

notorico

Has anyone got a heat pump clothes dryer?

We need to replace our existing dryer and were thinking of a heat pump veresion but I don't know anyone who has one so would be interested to hear any feedback. Thanks

• Like 1

Hands Up

Yes we have a Bosch serie 8. We got it because our laundry is a cupboard. It’s amazing ! If you put it on top of a washing machine make sure you use the special kit to make sure it’s stable

• Like 1

Green Sage

we have a bosch too. Takes a while to do a full load, but it is 10kg, so i cant expect that to dry in an hour. Works well, no complaints so far, ive had it nearly a year.

If youre used to a regular dryer, clothes wont get that tosty warm dry feeling you may be used to. But it definitely dries teh clothes, its just not as hot when it comes out.

• Like 2

silver-rain

Same, we have a bosch and love it! Really quiet, doesn't need to be vented, super efficient and cost effective, would absolutely recommend.

Prancer is coming

I love my miele heat pump dryer. I was sceptical if it would be worth it at first, though I did the sums and with the reduced power usage I think I worked out it would be worth it if I used it 3 or more times a week. Winters are cold here so I figured it was worth it.

i bought the bottom range model and somehow got upgraded. The upgraded one has an iron function! I hate ironing and rarely do it. But with this dryer, I happily stick work shirts and school uniforms in there, hang them on a coat hanger as soon as they finish in the dryer and they look perfect. Feel like giving it a medal every time! It also has an option for scents and my clothes come out smelling lovely.

it is really gentle on clothes and has not shrank anything. The only thing I am careful putting in it is stuff with transfers on it. Sheets I prefer to line dry as much as possible and finish off in dryer, otherwise I just need to untangle them a few times. I love how soft the clothes come out that I use it all the time. We have solar, so I can use it with zero guilt in summer!

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

I love mine! It not a posh brand will check when I get home.

I hate laundry hanging around the apartment and fight for line space is my idea of hell.

little lion

I have the Bosch serie 8 and it is about to get fixed for the second time during its warranty period.

It is the first heat pump I’ve owned and I don’t particularly like how clothes feel ever so damp after the dryer. The energy saving has been great but I’m not sure I’d buy another one.

Anonforthistime

I have a Miele heat pump and it is very good.

As others have said, the clothes don’t come out toasty hot and dry but I think that also means they are gentler on the clothes. Mine also has a warm air function which I use to finish things off gently if I need to. I do find that sheets get more tangled than with my old dryer but that’s about the only thing I don’t like.

The other thing I really do like is that my laundry no longer feels damp and dusty - the old drier I had to have the laundry door open or it just got too damp in there and the fluff up the walls was a pain to clean. With the heat pump dryer, those problems are gone.

• Like 1

dadwasathome

We're also looking to replace our sensor dryer. We're also looking to replace our Bosch washer and the heat pump ones came up.

We previously had a condensor dryer and it just didn't seem to get things dry - is there any one who's had experience of both/all three?

(OP, sorry for jumping in to your thread)

notorico

Thanks everyone. The Bosch Series 8 is what i was thinking of after my research the dimensions fit well in our laundry.

littlelion - what issues have you had with it and how has the service been?

little lion

Our issue is that it continues to function, but does not dry. A small load could take more than four hours to dry (double the usual time). The first repairer took it back to the workshop (something they told me rarely happens) and we were without it, no replacement provided, for two weeks. Just a few weeks later now, we are experiencing the same problem. Bosch have arranged a different repairer to come soon.

Meanwhile, I have bought a cheapie vented dryer (arriving tomorrow) because I have lost faith in this one!

IamOzgirl

Mine comes out toasty and warm.

Your have to get a combined heat pump/condenser.

My mum works for a family and swears theirs is a heat pump but it doesn’t dry the clothes as well as mine.

Occasionally the clothes are damp, however that is usually cause I don’t pull them out whilst warm (ie as soon as it finishes) and the condensation settles again on the clothes. So I just put them on again and it fixes it.

Murderino

I love my ASKO heat pump dryer. I got it from the warehouse factory sale in Melbourne thanks to an EBer telling me about it. I’d researched the cost of the one I wanted before I went and made a good saving.

I think it was this time of year.

Like a PP mine only feel damp if I haven’t taken them out when it finishes.

ETA

I googled and found it’s coming up

https://m.facebook.com/askoaustralia/posts/the-asko-yearly-warehouse-sale-is-only-a-week-away-so-mark-it-on-your-calendar-o/962691103822038/

Edited by Murderino

can'tstayaway

We previously had a condensor dryer and it just didn't seem to get things dry - is there any one who's had experience of both/all three?

I’ve got a Miele heat pump and as above, it’s brilliant.

I had a hand me down old Hoover from the 80’s. It was HOT and would shrink clothes as well as kills elastic. . It made the laundry all wet from condensation- the walls were dripping with moisture. It also used a lot of electricity so I used it very sparingly.

I then had a Westinghouse circa early 2000’s. It was a lemon and needed repairs one month in even though it had probably only been used 3 times. 6 months later, they replaced it and the new one broke after its first use. They replaced it again but I donated it and had already bought a Miele replacement.

The Miele was a condenser dryer. No more wet laundry, energy efficient, no ruined clothes. Good all round.

Extra children, busy life etc and I bought an extra was her and dryer. The dryer is a Miele heat pump. Extremely energy efficient plus solar panels and kids with allergies and I dry most of our washing in the dryer with little noticeable impact on our electricity bill. I dry sportswear in it with no problems. I dry my cashmere jumpers in it as well. Our sports shoes have never been so clean (washing in the machine) and they dry in the dryer without going crunchy like when dried in the sun.

Mine is an 8kg and it can do a full load of regular washing in about 50 mins. I did have the outlet connected to the sink thingie but am now using the internal container and using the water for my iron (tip from an EBer). I don’t need to buy demineralised water anymore.

Edit to add - regular washing comes out dry but probably not as dry to the touch as the old dryers. I’ve got used to it and this is now my normal. The washing isn’t damp just cool.

The machine has dryness options and for towels, I select “extra dry” so I can fold straight from the machine and put away without needing to air it or risk it going musty. Probably don’t need to do it but I originally programmed my favourite settings and never bothered to change it.

Edited by can'tstayaway
  • Like 1

JoanJett

There was another thread re this issue just last year, but I'm too lazy to search for it to link.

We have had a Bosch condenser/heat pump series 8 for 7 years. It's the bomb.

notorico

Thanks for your help everyone. I have bought a Bosch Series 8. Arrives tomorrow

• Like 2

SplashingRainbows

Yay OP. Enjoy. I love mine. Have had it 5 years and it hasn’t missed a beat.