~Mintie~

Ready Set Go Girls #284

jb_85

And I'm out,  AF turned up right as I was peeing on another test which ended up being super faint so definatley the pregnyl booster.  Least I know it takes me 4 days to clear

IamOzgirl
On 19/06/2020 at 8:54 AM, rosie28 said:

I’m a graduate of this group (years ago) so I hope no one minds me posting, but iamozgirl, on the progesterone have you asked your FS about subcutaneous injections? My last pregnancy I had trouble with progesterone levels and ended up on a “cocktail” of prog in oil (4 times a week), subcutaneous injections (daily) and pessaries. The sub cuts are newish but they seemed very effective. The variety of delivery ethos’s maximised absorption. 

Thanks Rosie,

I was on 400mg of pesseries and 400mg of trouche (so dissolved in my mouth) and yes I did ask to try something different for my next cycle. 

And, can't believe you have never been triple digits! Last month they were happy with my le vel at 140, this month with my first test they were happy with 160. 

Also interesting that 2 embies can help tell the body what to do Andi. 

And I'm really sorry if I knew this but you lost a son too? 

IamOzgirl

Gah, above post didn't post last night.

JB I'm sorry, 

I am so furious with my clinic. I got scolded last week for having bloods on Day 10. Then I was really upset so went off the grid on Friday (supposed day of bloods) so I can't have my nurses appt at 10 this morning. Despite the fact bloods on Tuesday last week showed zero for HCG. 

So I have been making calls to other clinics to move the sperm. 

*Andi*

Oh I'm sorry AF showed up jb 😔 Will you go into another cycle now? 

Ozgirl that's awful that your clinic is being so uncaring 😔 I would be looking for a new one too. Have you had any luck? 

Progesterone only needs to be above 30, with DD it was under so had to increase the pessaries, but all worked out well. With the other two it was better, maybe 50-80. It never caused any issues even when it was lower, and my FS said the blood tests aren't really a true reflection of the uterine levels. 

I did post in your thread about my son, and in one of these RSG threads. It can be hard to keep track of who is who though. It was around the same time as you lost your little boy. Mine was born healthy, but caught a virus while we were still in hospital 😔

I've signed and sent off the consent for the double transfer, and booked in for intralipids next week. Started Gonal-f a couple of days ago, and back to acupuncture and herbs this week. 

• Like 1

IamOzgirl
Posted (edited)

andi, i'm so sorry I lost track 

😞

So annoyingly it seems all too hard to move clinics.

But I had my pre cycle appt today and they are throwing everything  - including Bondi protocol. Even though I haven't been tested for it apparently it doesn hinder so clexane injections and prednisolone and potentially pregnyl on top as well.

I am also doing a double transfer and PDG testing.!!!!

Edited by IamOzgirl

*Andi*

That sounds promising Ozgirl! I do an immune protocol and haven't actually been tested for anything. But after 4 failed transfers and 4 mcs, I did PGD and got really good results, so we then assumed my body was the problem. The next transfer was DD1. 

Are they putting you on prednisolone? That's the steroid that suppresses the immune response. I also use clexane from the night before transfer, antibiotics for 5 days from ovulation, and estrogen and progesterone from the day after ovulation. I'm also on low-dose aspirin now as my ob put me on it before I resumed IVF last year, and I'm adding intralipids this cycle which is also part of some immune protocols. There is a small risk as your immunity is lowered so a higher chance of developing an infection, eg a UTI is not good for a potential pregnancy, but it's definitely worth it for some people! I hope it helps you. 

Have you done PGD before? I won't go without it now. That's a shame about being hard to move clinics, I did wonder how you'd go doing that with donor sperm due to some comments I've seen on a fb group I'm in, but wasn't sure of the specifics. 

Hopefully a double transfer of tested embryos on an immune protocol does the trick for both of us really soon! 

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

Okay editied my post for spelling and now makes more sense.

No i didn't do PDG testing before. I was very delusional going into conceiving this time. I stupidly thought maybe my body knows what to do. I was nervous about having 'perfect' embies in the freezer. 

*Andi*

Oh good, I'm glad you edited to add prednisolone, that and clexane are the most important parts I think! 

I don't think testing the embryos is always necessary until it is iykwim. It's a great option to have there though. Just annoying to have to wait for results! 

When will you be starting? 

IamOzgirl

I start on the 2nd I think. Currently on the pill to get me on their surgery schedule.  (They have limited days)

My Dad will be my support person this time as mum might not be back from Syd in time. 

I'm just glad they are doing something else. Implantation is def my issue! 

• Like 1

IamOzgirl

So base line bloods tomorrow.

Another addition to my cycle. I will be having 3 clicks of ovidrel as well. 

And pregnyl is confirmed too! 

Yikes!

jb_85

Hello 

Sorry I've been MIA, yep onto another cycle, Day 11 today and nothing, have just upped my puregon to one click below 100. Feeling very flat at the moment, we all have head colds and with the restrictions tightening in Vic is starting to get scary again, we aren't in lockdown luckily but still.

So you are both doing double transfers? 

Andi how long until you start this cycle? 

Good luck Oz, we might be on a similar timeline I dont think I will ovulate for another couple of weeks at this rate.

*Andi*

Hi there! 

Oh that's bad timing to have colds jb 🙁 I hope you're feeling better soon. I've been paranoid I'm going to get one and not be able to go in for my scans/intralipids/transfer! I'm in regional Vic but my clinic is in Melbourne, not in a hot spot luckily. It is scary though, isn't it. 

Hopefully the puregon starts to do the trick soon. 

Yep double transfer here. I'm on day 13 now, 75iu Gonal-f. On day 10 all of my (many) follicles were under 10mm. Yesterday on day 12, one ovary had a 14mm and the other one slightly smaller. That's good, just wanting a couple to break away so I can trigger to release the hormones, but not hyperstimulate. Lining was over 8mm too. The sonographer obviously had reminded herself of my case before scanning and said "let's take a look at those disco balls" 😂 😂 Bliddy PCOS! 

Tomorrow I am down to Melbourne for a scan at my clinic, then an intralipid infusion at the hospital down the street. I'm hoping I'll be able to trigger tomorrow or Saturday for transfer a week later. The follicles don't have to be super big as it's just the hormones we're after. 

Ozgirl, how did your bloods go? How come ovidrel and pregnyl? Or did you mean prednisolone? Good luck! 

IamOzgirl

Bloods were good,

Just did my first injection.

Pregnyl after EPU to help with progesterone as I have really struggled to keep my progesterone in the normal ranges. That was not confirmed from the locum. When my FS came back from leave she confirmed it.

For stims though I am taking puregeon 300, and the prednisone AND 3 clicks of ovidrel. 

Some FSH drugs have an little of the hormone to get LH, but puregeon doesn't. They want to improve egg quality - but know I respond to puregeon. So Ovidrel adds the little bit of LH with out swapping FSH.

Hope that makes sense! 

jb_85

13mm on the right , urgh why is it always the right side, it knows there is no tube and it likes to taunt me 😄😄😄

IamOzgirl

Oh noes!!

But at least you know you have that option if you move to IVF. 

I'm getting cranky at my family and craving carbs. 

Stupid country hospital are all 'send us the referral and we will tell you when you can come in' 

it has to be a specifc day grrrrrr

*Andi*

I did have to read your post a couple of times Ozgirl 😂 I'm in a very active fb IVF group where I have come across all manner of drug regimes, but I must say I've never seen anyone using ovidrel for that reason! Makes sense though, apparently it acts similarly to LH. I used pergoveris for my last few stim cycles as that has added LH. 

You're doing a fresh transfer then if you're already on prednisolone? Or are you testing the embryos? Argh so annoying about the hospital, are you trying to book a scan? Hope you got it sorted. 

Oh dear jb, that's so annoying! Has lefty come to the party at all yet? I hope so 😩

I had my intralipids and scan on Friday, had a 17mm on one side and a 14mm I think on the other, lining good. So I triggered that night and I'll have my transfer on Friday. I have to travel into Melbourne for it, I might need to take a letter from the clinic or something! Apparently I could be checked on the highway on the way in and out of Melbourne. Such scary times 😰

Dolled

Hi all! I’ve been having trouble signing in, but I have been reading along.

Good luck with your trip to Melb Andi, it’s so devastating with have far they’ve regressed! I’m very glad to be over state lines right now.

AFM, I’m on CD 11, had my second follicular scan this morning and everything is looking good so looking like EPU on Friday. I only got one egg this time and this morning there looked to be about 20, but she only measured 10.  They have given me both Lupron and Ovidrel so just waiting for the call on which trigger to use.

jb_85

Hooray for transfer day tomorrow Andi :) I have seen that they have put roadblocks up on the major freeways to check everybody going in and out of Mebourne, but your reason is very valid so hopefully its just a quick stop, I had read there are traffic delays though so you might need to take that into account. My FS is in the city, but lucky for me with nobody really driving anywhere its only a 30 min drive.

Oz did you get your scan booked in or is the hospital still being annoying?

Welcome Dolled, hope EPU goes smoothly and you gets lots of nice eggies :)

I triggered this morning, had a 20mm on the right "sigh" have 3 boosters and my FS also gave me a slip to get my progeterone checked this cycle to make sure the trigger worked :) Hopefully this cycle works, the higher dose of puregon has turned me into a bloated grumpy balloon.

IamOzgirl

I got my appt - I think they were power tripping "I'll be the judge of when you can come in" 

I'm doing okay on the bloat, they up'd my dose to 350 last night, and started orgalutran today. 

Been skiing with my niece and nephew this week. 

I was worried I would out bloat my ski pants! (Already had to borrow some from a male friend!) 

And good point about the prednisone - I am testing, but maybe the are prepping me for a fresh transfer for any non freeze eggs?

JB - you are already on the same meds as us. Honestly you should just jump in and do IVF. It's honestly no more scary than what you are already doing. Although I know it might feel that way. 

*Andi*

Hi Dolled, did you end up having EPU yesterday? I hope it went well if you did! 

Good luck jb, I hope you can catch an egg. Did any on the left end up getting near the right one? 

I'm glad you got your appointment Ozgirl, what a pain though! 

AFM my two embies are on board, all went well yesterday. A day 5 and a day 6. I left nice and early, but there wasn't a road block going into Melbourne. I was stopped on the way home, but just told the police officer I was going home to regional Vic and held up my licence. Very quick. 

IamOzgirl

Yay for having two embies on board! 

• Thanks 1