purpleduck

Do you switch streaming services regularly?

purpleduck

I think we are a bit tired of Netflix :( we have watched a lot more during the holidays but have pretty much watched most of what we would want to be watching. Im at the scroll for 10mins and still not decide stage.

So I had a look at Disney + and was thinking we can switch to it as it has a lot of movies on it we haven’t seen or at least not for a while. I figure if we use it as a movie substitute then the subscription cost is so much cheaper than going to the movies.

Then if we want to switch back to Netflix we can. Anyone else do this? I really don’t want to be subscribing to multiple services.

Only proviso is to first finish watching the good place and Lucifer :D

MadMarchMasterchef

A few people I know do. Not a big deal. Im a bit sick of netflix but DH is still watching stuff.

Veritas Vinum Arte

We are the multiple streaming services house. Netflix, Stan, Disney + and Apple TV (subscription came with apple product purchase).

We watch the first 3 regularly.... not so much the Apple TV.

ETA we don’t watch commercial TV

We also have Amazon- with 3 kids with different viewing tastes it is hard.

Edited by Veritas Vinum Arte
  • Like 2

seayork2002

Well we have amazon, Stan and Netflix so watch all at different times, Amazon seems the one at the moment

BornToLove

We are at that sort of at stage too OP.

There are series on Disney and amazon prime we’d like to watch but we still have a few things on Netflix we are watching. It’s hard to chose just one streaming service, but can’t afford to have all three at once (there simply aren’t enough hours to watch it all!).

• Like 1

EsmeLennox

We have multiple services, too. With both Netflix and Disney+, I personally wouldn’t switch from Netflix to Disney. The content isn’t that great (yet). If I had my way, we wouldn’t have half the bloody streaming services we pay for.

CallMeFeral

Yeah we ebb and flow. I have an ongoing Netflix one but in the holidays I used to up the users and drop back down again during term, now I've instead picked up Stan and we're on a trial for Disney. I'll probably drop Stan for a while if we keep up the Disney for a while, and then switch back when we've exhausted Disney.

zenkitty

Yep, we switch a lot. We generally have Netflix but keep a list of things on other services we’re interested in. Then sign up for a month or two throughout the year to watch them while Netflix is cancelled. We would do a stint of Stan and Foxtel Now each year, and are about to switch to Amazon for a bit.

Netflix usually seems fresher after a break too.

• Like 1

Tinkle Splashes

We have a few. Netflix, Prime, FOXTEL Go and Apple (free for a year).

~Jolly_F~

We have prime, Netflix, Stan, Foxtel now, Disney+ and Apple - free for a year.

I can’t be bother swapping and changing, although I know others do. With 5 of us using them, we are all watching different things on each one, so I don’t know who is using what, I can’t be bothered with the drama of why can’t I watch this or that.

We are a tv loving house - we prefer tv over most other things. I imagine the many hours we spend streaming would be heavily criticised on here if I ever outed us :lol:

Edited by ~Jolly_F~
  • Like 6

IamtheMumma

I have Netflix, Stan and Disney+.

Disney+ has limited content. Its been a couple of months and there's been no need content added. I want it for National Geographic and Marvel Universe. No doubt when DS is older, he will like some of the kid movies.

Stan has a lot of little kids shows which works for the younger ones. It also seems to have a few series with every episode.

Netflix seems to be the only one producing new content and I did move away for a while but I check back once a week. That said, Netflix seems to be dropping some of the shows/movies that aren't made by them. I remember Broadchurch was on Netflix when it first came out. I went to rewatch it not long ago and it was no longer available.

Only FTA that's watched in this house is ABC Kids

Edited by IamtheMumma

Expelliarmus

We’re like Jolly F. All streaming all the time. I don’t have the brain power to keep track of switching.

• Like 1

ineedmorecoffee

We have Netflix, Disney+, Hayu and AppleTv+ (free subscription due to phone purchase).

Used to have Stan and Foxtel too but felt like we never watched them, so cancelled. Nothing wrong with chopping and changing to suit changing tastes/interests.

dadwasathome

We have Stan, Netflix, Prime and now Disney+.

Unfortunately what we want to stream is spread across all of them, though I think most about dropping Stan, and Disney seems to have limited use, especially with our fetch package.

Freddie'sMum

I was a rusted on Foxtel woman for many years but got sick of the price rises and the fact that if you wanted to watch something else eg the History Channel you had to add another package (that cost even more money).

DH got Netflix. I got Stan - which at that stage did have all the Disney shows and was one of the reasons we got it. Then all the Disney shows moved to Disney+

So, we now have Netflix (for DH) and the kids and I watch Stan and Disney+ It works for us.

Green Sage

We subscribe and unsubscribe as required. Generally we keep Netflix, and amazon because it’s tied up with our prime subscription. Then Disney, Stan, foxtel, will be added or turned off depending on what we are watching.

We are pretty lazy though so we won’t watch one for a good 6 months before we bother to unsubscribe. I think Disney is here to stay though until the kids are older, they use it a lot. We don’t have foxtel right now, and Stan will be next to go.

Edited by ~LemonMyrtle~

luke's mummu

Just cancelled Netflix as we have Stan, Disney and quickflix. I’m planning on reinstating Netflix next December for the Christmas movies

• Like 1

**Tiger*Filly**

We have four of them. Netflix, Stan, Foxtel streaming, and Prime. I don't watch a lot on Prime but it's very cheap and pays for itself in free shipping.

**Xena**

I have a VPN so I just switch countries for my Netflix as other countries have some different stuff and I also watch free to air online streaming services in the UK- mainly Channel 4 and PlayUKTV. We also have Stan.

Edited by **Xena**
  • Like 3

Wahwah

We have had Netflix and Stan for ages, and then drop in and out of Foxtel (using 10 day free trial and then a month or two of paying while we binge on a few shows). I did a trial with Prime but nothing appealed and we don't buy from Amazon.

At the moment we're big on Foxtel for Succession, Big Little Lies and a few others. Netflix is probably used the least.

• Like 1

Thylacine

We switch. We usually only have one service at a time but currently have both Netflix and Disney+. I told DP that if he wanted to get Disney (he's a massive star wars and Marvel fan) it would have to be in addition to another service because there is not a single thing on there that I am interested in watching

Chchgirl
  • Like 2

Jenflea

The only reason I want Amazon is for Picard too!

But we have Netflix, our Fetch box(with some channels such as BBCUK, Universal and a few others), Disney+ and Foxtel GO (or Play, I always forget what it's called). I really don't want yet another streaming service!

But...Picard!

Chocolate Addict

We have foxtel and netflix. I have thought about Stan but can't be bothered lol

You know you can search genre's within netflix? there is a list of codes on google somewhere. Helps find interesting things. :)

• Like 1

Hands Up

We have Netflix and Stan but seem to watch more on SBS on demand and abc iview. Hmmm.....