Rowenas necklace

Alarm clocks for kids

Rowenas necklace

At the end of last year, DD (6) asked if she could have an alarm clock for school next year. She's generally a fairly early riser, but some days will sleep past 7am and is hard to wake.

I'm wondering if others have experience of alarm clocks for kids this age and can make recommendations for or against, or what types - if we do get one (which we are leaning towards) I don't know whether to get a normal alarm clock, a clock-radio type one or something else.

SeaPrincess

I would let her choose one. One of our children has a clock radio, one has a retro-style alarm clock. They rarely actually use them as alarms :rolleyes:

• Like 1

CrankyM

Let her pick. Mine have a lego Batman one where you push the head down to snooze. It’s damned loud which my kids need and easy to set up.

• Like 1

ali-song

We bought the Lenovo smart clock for DD8, and she loves it. Can also stream music, give weather updates, and all the other Google assistant functions.

• Like 1

chillipeppers

We also have a lego Batman one and a smiggle one Which is much harder to set up

• Like 1

Liahonna

My kids have Garmin Jrs gently wakes they up buzzing their wrist

• Like 1

Amica

We have 4 Alexa's Inc one in the kids room. I or they tell her what we'd like set. They also use it for reminders, timer, music, ask questions and more.

• Like 1

Rowenas necklace

We have 4 Alexa's Inc one in the kids room. I or they tell her what we'd like set. They also use it for reminders, timer, music, ask questions and more.

I use a Google home mini, which we're also considering, but the one downfall of it is that when the wifi goes down (which is far too frequent where we are!) it doesn't work.

Maybe I'll get myself a clock radio and give kidlet my home mini :laugh:

Lifesgood

My kids have a Smiggle alarm clock (the 9 y/o) and a Kmart cheapie (the 13 y/o)