Sign in to follow this  
bees-knees

Glutton for punishment - is it just me?

bees-knees

So in June last year, I finished my Bachelor of Social Work. It took me six years, studying part-time externally and I was OVER THE MOON to get it done, and swore I was done studying forever.

I enjoyed the break for three or four months, but the past few months, I've found I'm getting increasingly antsy and feel like a need..........something. Changing jobs is not an options right now, for a range of reasons, so l've just enrolled in a Graduate Certificate in Loss Grief and Trauma.

Wondering whether I've completely lost my marbles. Is anyone else returning to study this year?

• Like 3

alwayshappy

I'm a social worker too, and I've done a few post-graduate courses since I qualified (a long time ago!).

I find the older I get, the more I need to learn, and am motivated to learn.

I've done further studies in family therapy and am currently studying Child Centred Play Therapy and Filial Therapy because I see the benefits to traumatised children and adolescents that the program I manage works with.

Learning for Life is a great concept. If only it wasn't so expensive and often, inaccessible (I live regional, the options are scarce).

Edited by alwayshappy
  • Like 1

FuzzyChocolateToes

Yes, I am! I'm doing a postgrad dip so I can do Masters next year. It's 25 years since I went to uni! :lol:

• Like 2

DQMission

Until this year I was half way through my undergraduate degree. This year I decided to double up and am now doing a combined degree. I may never finish!

• Like 1

IamtheMumma

I find that happens to me. Glutton for punishment.

• Like 1

~Jolly_F~

Hell no!!!

I am on the home run now, there is light at the end of the tunnel, no way I am going back!

• Like 2

bees-knees

Hell no!!!

I am on the home run now, there is light at the end of the tunnel, no way I am going back!

That's what I said too! :smile:

• Like 1

CallMeFeral

I keep doing it too. Usually it takes me a few years to forget I hate study, and I get sucked right back in. One grad cert and 3 masters later I really need to STOP.

I've been letting it out by doing ridiculous amounts of professional education instead. I think I need to reign that in too though, it's a bit financially irresponsible :(

• Like 1

MadMarchMasterchef

Im in IT so theres no choice but to keep learning :/

Its both a positive and a negative.

• Like 2

MadMarchMasterchef

Hell no!!!

Thats exciting, what are you studying and when do you finish?

I remember the feeling of having passed my last subject at uni. It was like winning x lotto. I actually have continued to study but not at uni, I just dont want to go back to that much pressure again with work and kids.

• Like 2