Sign in to follow this  
Mrs Claus

50th wedding anniversary

Mrs Claus

It’s my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary soon and we are thinking of making (or even better paying someone to make) a sort of coffee table book of things that have happened in the last 50 years. Obvious things being birth of children/grandchildren etc but not sure what other things to include or how to include them. Ideas so far are-

newspaper front page

coin of significant year

stamp/s

map/s

has anyone done something similiar and have any tips or ideas of what else we can include or even better know where I can just input the info and have someone else make it for me?

thanks

Kiwi Bicycle

You can use a photo book printing company to create the book using their online tools. You will need access to a scanner to put in pics if the extra stuff you mentioned. I scanned in my entry tickets for a trip I did for one of my books.

• Like 1

Anonforthistime

What about photos of houses they have lived in and places they have travelled? You could do the photobook starting with a chapter about each of them before they were married, then where they met and their courtship, wedding day, first home, etc

Perhaps you could make the front or back page a family tree, with photos of each person in it.

Photo books, done well, do take some time - you’ll need to ensure the scans you upload for them are good quality although there is a lovely charm in doing the older photos in the style of their time (eg 70s polaroids etc)

It sounds like a wonderful gift

• Like 1