Sign in to follow this  
ausfarmerswife

SHAPEWEAR AFTER A C SECTION

ausfarmerswife

I’ve heard shape wear is good for after a c section, I remember that tummy falling out feeling after my last one and was wondering if shapewear would be useful to purchase, I don’t really want to spend a lot on the designated pregnancy recovery shorts/support.

HolierThanCow

I found the c-panty was good (better than shapewear). The high rise ones. Not cheap, but worth it. I think I had two pairs that I rotated.

Bono25

I got a pair of the c sec specific ones 2nd hand (I'm sorry I can't remember the name right now), I only wore them once because it felt like they were rubbing on my scar. I did ok with the tubi grip the midwives gave me. I pretty much wore it 24/7, although I can't remember if I took it off at night when I went to bed. But I found the tubi grip much more comfortable.

ckmelb

The physio at the hospital sold me a "tubi grip" basically a giant stretchy tube for $15. The midwife recommended it over any other expensive shapewear and I found it very comfortable for after C section

mandelbrot

The physio recommended the basic Target shapewear shorts - she said that you needed support for your pelvic floor too, or you can sort of squeeze everything down. I bought two pairs in different sizes. The tubigrip was good over the top, but I had a lot of pelvic instability issues so I still wear it sometimes!

Lallalla

The physio at the hospital gave me tubi grip because muscle separation was worse than should be with my 2nd (unsurprising as I had twins at 38 weeks), where as first time I was in the normal range at same hospital and wasn’t given anything.

I’d be tempted to wait and see

Kiwi Bicycle

I found the c-panty was good (better than shapewear). The high rise ones. Not cheap, but worth it. I think I had two pairs that I rotated.

Same, the silicon panel to reduce scarring is a bonus.

JK4

Maybe try Gumtree or eBay for SRC recovery shorts, I had them after my last c section and I can not recommend them highly enough, they improved my mobility and recovery immensely.

blackcat20

I wore the Blanqi post partum leggings for eight weeks, they were great. Nice and supportive especially with the c-section.