IamOzgirl

Ready Set Go: Due in 2020

SunStarMoon

Scan today went really well. Baby was super compliant (I question whether she can be mine), mostly resting. Got some great shots, saw all the chambers of the heart. Measuring right on (1 day ahead). Meeting my midwife at end of week (same one I had last time). 

Wonderstruck
11 hours ago, SunStarMoon said:

Scan today went really well. Baby was super compliant (I question whether she can be mine), mostly resting. Got some great shots, saw all the chambers of the heart. Measuring right on (1 day ahead). Meeting my midwife at end of week (same one I had last time). 

That's great SunStarMoon glad shenwas complying. This bub was so wiggly at the 13 week scan but compliant at the 19 week scan and my previous bub was difficult at the 19 week scan but fine at the 13 week scan!

Glad to hear things are going well. Are you feeling a bit better or still really ick?

MissHLH

Gabbitiz - sounds like Hannah is a real trooper!  Hope she continues to grow and do well (and hopefully you start getting more rest soon... I've heard the first 18 years are the hardest...!).

SSM - I hope the MS eases soon, it can really get you down.  Glad the scan went well and the baby is easy-going!  Long may that continue :)

Wonderstruck - glad things are going well.  Half way there!  My friend's daughter had a huge head and there was some concern until the doctor met dad and realised it was definitely inherited!

As for me, the MS gets worse and worse, but doctor finally gave me some Zoloft and along with some Losec I actually kept dinner down last night and haven't been sick today, so fingers crossed.  It was getting harder and harder every day to do anything.  I'm still measuring large (about 38wks now - I'm 33wks), and having another growth scan on Monday.  But bubba is moving a lot, so I think they're doing okay.  Given how sick I've felt and how gigantic I am I've come to peace with the idea of induction.  I think I may even welcome it!

• Like 1

Wonderstruck

Oh MissHLH that sounds rough! Hang in there! I was induced after labour started as mine stalled and it wasn't too bad and was nicer than the slow stalled labour to actually be progressing. 

I remember the feeling of willing baby to come on especially when bub is measuring big and you're feeling huge. 

Gabbitz

Miss HLH I hope the drugs help the MS. I also hope everything goes well with a big bub. Are they talking about delivering closer to 37 weeks due to size?

SSM glad you had a great scan. It’s so exciting seeing bub.

Wonderstruck, hope you’re tracking along well. Half way now, that’s great news. 

AFM, currently in hospital with Hannah. We had her cardiologist appointment this morning and they were concerned about her breathing. So she’s in hospital, they’ve started her on some medications they hope will help. They’ve also screened for viruses and bacteria to see if she’s dealing with an infection or something. But we’ll be here for a week at least. 

We’re just hoping the meds will hold off on the need for surgery for a bit longer. 

Wonderstruck

Hang in there Gabbitz and keep us posted. Sending hugs. 

MissHLH

Gabbitiz - I'm so sorry Hannah is in hospital, it must be really scary, I really hope the medicine helps and surgery can wait.  Big hugs

AFM - MS is helped a little by the medication, but not completely.  Had a scan yesterday and bubba looks fine and placenta all good, so the induction timing is still in the air.  Bubba went very quiet overnight and this morning and only woke up when I was getting ready to go to hospital to get things check out.  And then has been a wriggly worm for the rest of today thankfully.  

Wonderstruck

That happened a lot to me MissHLH. It was so hot and she was so big I'm not surprised but I'd be ready to get checked out and she'd start moving again. I think she even did that in early labour. She was having a nice sleep and they got me to eat ice at 4am to get her moving lol...normally she was so active!

I remember the midwife saying "Do you like ice...frozen water, not the drug" lol

MissHLH
49 minutes ago, Wonderstruck said:

I remember the midwife saying "Do you like ice...frozen water, not the drug" lol

Give me either right now - I don't care!

I did the drinking something cold, laying on my left, poking my belly.  Nothing - stubborn bubba!

ckmelb

Miss HLH just saw this and jumping in to say call the hospital and get it checked out. Better now than overnight. It's always nice to hear bub's heartbeat and they want you to call rather than be worried overnight. You can be home by bedtime :)

Wonderstruck

How is everyone been going? It's been a little quiet here. 

Saw OB today 20+5.  All was fine at morphology scan and all looked well today. Not much to discuss as it's just keep growing the baby time. 

Discussed the planned c-section a bit after my complications last time. Planning to do it at around 39 weeks. Glad to know I should be able to move around sooner than last time provided I don't have a massive blood loss. 

DH is keen to have it booked for Halloween...We don't even celebrate it lol. 

Has anyone else had a planned c-section? I'm told is much more civilised than the emergency one I had last time. 

Gabbitz

Hi Wonderstruck- my Caesar was planned. Compared with the emergency Caesar for DS it was soooo much better!

the staff have more time to talk with you about what’s happening, what the plan is for the surgery, they introduce themselves and joke around a bit. Much less stressful!

miss HLH, that sounds stressful. I know there were long stretches with Hannah where she didn’t seem to move towards the end and it was borderline timing for me to panic and get checked. But i’d get checked out. As you bub was measuring big, it’s better to be checked out to confirm everything is going well. 

As for us, still in the hospital. Hannah is breathing better on the meds which is great, but I’m struggling to pump enough milk for her. She’s not putting on any weight, so they’ve pushed up the volume of milk that she’s receiving and they’re going to supplement her feeds with formula. I’m disappointed about that and was hoping they’d remove her feeding tube again if the meds work, but it sounds like they’re simply going to stabilise her and then get her into surgery. I’m kind of feeling pretty devastated about that. 

I was quietly furious this morning as they’d got the more senior doctor involved because of the complexities of her case. I was trying to figure out what they’re planning and he basically told me nothing. It’s all going to the group of doctors on Friday to discuss her case and options and they’d tell us what the plan is from there. WTF - they’d tell us? What about asking us the parents for our thoughts. Maybe I took it the wrong way because we’re ‘new’ in this area but it felt like we were being dismissed for asking questions. Anyway just venting at the moment.  

SunStarMoon

How stressful Gabbitz, I’m so sorry the drs aren’t consulting. We’re you breastfeeding before hand? Make sure you keep pumping like mad if you want to keep feeding post this. Should mean you get a nice stash for later at least.

Wonderstruck, good luck growing 😂. I’ve heard planned C sections are much better and often people find them ‘healing’ after the trauma of an emergency one.

AFM can’t remember what I last said 😂. Had my first midwife appointment. Love my midwife. Apparently I could be at risk of pre eclampsia, needs to be looked into 

IamOzgirl
On 23/06/2020 at 6:41 PM, MissHLH said:

Give me either right now - I don't care!

I did the drinking something cold, laying on my left, poking my belly.  Nothing - stubborn bubba!

Yes, please, please, please get checked.

Patterns are way more important. 

I don't want to scare you but Jack had reduced movement for 3 weeks. 

Stillaware website has great reading. 

Wonderstruck

Gabbitz - thinking of you. Some doctors are great at talking to patients and their families and others are terrible. I also have found some great at listening to me and others terrible. I hope they're more sensitive on Friday and that all goes well. I wasn't great at BF but do they have a good hospital pump you can use while there? I had a spectra at home which was excellent and adorable. 

SunStarMoon- so glad things are going well and you like your midwife makes all the difference doesn't it when you love your medical team. A friend who's at risk of pre-ecplampsia as she had it last time is on blood thinners and closer monitoring. Fingers crossed it's just something to watch. 

Gabbitz

Hope everything is going well for you guys. 
We’re still  in hospital with Hannah. 

Thankfully the doctor on rounds this week is much more informative and friendly! 

They’ve been happy with her condition on the meds over the last few days, but they had to add formula powder to her expressed milk feeds as she as struggling to put on weight. But they think she’s stable now. But her condition hasn’t improved. So she’s been recommended for surgery.
However as she had a cold, they can’t perform surgery until at least two weeks after cessation of symptoms. 
We would have been sent home to wait, but DS came down sick over the weekend! So we don’t want to take her home until he’s well now!
So still stuck in the hospital.

on a positive note, I was able to get her 6 week immunisations sorted while we were here!

• Like 1

Wonderstruck

Glad to hear things are stable Gabbitz. Such a hard time of year keeping everyone well. My DD had an endoscopy last winter and was sick a few days before. She just managed to scrape by as well enough!

MissHLH

Gabbitiz - it's so difficult dealing with different doctors and easy to be ignored.  It just adds stress to an already stressful situation.  Hope Hannah's cold get's better quickly and she puts on more weight before her surgery.  And I hope your son gets better quickly so you can get back home for a bit.  Much nicer to be in your normal surroundings when you can.

Wonderstruck - glad you're at a boring stage of pregnancy.  It's the part of life you just want to be boring and unremarkable!  Half way there already!

SSM - glad you like your midwife.  I sometimes wonder if I chose the wrong model of care - it would be nice to have the same person for your appointments and presumably (??) for the birth.

AFM - sorry to the people who hadn't seen my second last post where I said the bubba woke up just as I was getting ready to go to hospital.  But you're all correct, I spoke to my GP and she did say I waited too long and should have headed to the hospital sooner.  Thankfully I don't think bubba has slept since!  Why do I think that's something that will continue when s/he arrives??  My MS is the same, although the meds have helped a bit.  My liver function is a little abnormal and is probably the reason for the vomiting.  Just monitoring at the moment, but would be another reason for induction.  Will have my 36w checkup at the hospital, in person, next week, so hopefully get some clarity about it.  If they're inducing at 38w then I'm going on leave!

• Like 1

Wonderstruck

Been thinking of your MissHLH.  Glad you're ok! Keep us posted on how you're going. Hopefully not long now. 

Gabbitz

Still I need hospital with Hannah. 

She’s taking less BF’s from me which is concerning and they’ve increased her meds to 3xDay. I’m concerned that her condition seems to be worsening which has me worried. 

The doctors had their conference on Friday, but there a little puzzled by her breathing as it doesn’t make sense based on the actual heart formation. The surgeon can’t do anything until at least the end of the week (end of her cold restriction) and were recommending ‘wait and see’. it’s frustrating not getting answers or any certainty. But it’s also scary thinking she will have surgery and all that it entails. 

Just a bit down this morning having seen her struggle a bit more over the last 48 hours. 

Wonderstruck

Thinking of you Gabbtitz. Sending love and strength.

Gabbitz

Being moved to ICU today. Hannah’s breathing has worsened.  

Wonderstruck
17 minutes ago, Gabbitz said:

Being moved to ICU today. Hannah’s breathing has worsened.  

I'm sorry Gabbitz. I hope you're ok and crossing my fingers and toes. 

MissHLH

So sorry Gabbitiz - thinking of you and Hannah and the rest of the family.  

SunStarMoon

Oh god Gabbitz I am so sorry. I hope everything is okay 💕