IamOzgirl

Ready Set Go: Due in 2020

Wonderstruck

Nope. No specific need for bed rest. It should resolve on its own.

I also think I had similar in my first pregnancy but they couldn't see anything on the scan.

318359_1592215302

Wonderstruck - so happy that all is ok with bub, how scary!!

Not much happening on my front, starting to go a little insane with the no leaving house situation and feel horrible that my older kids are literally on tech 24/7 which is certainly not something I ever wanted. They’re eating 3 times as much food due to boredom. Plus since I had so much morning sickness feel like I’ve been in isolation for months already lol.

I did actually leave the house yesterday to go for a scan and OB appt. It was such a relief to see everything going well and 2 little heartbeats, had NIPT blood test and go back in 2 weeks for 12wk scan. I feel so bad for DH as he’s not been able to come to any appts, we get scan images/video sent to us but it’s not the same. Last night he was like surely I can come in 2 weeks, surely I get to come to one but I don’t think they’ll lesson the rules in 2 weeks. Think it’s likely he might be able to come at 20wk Scan, but who knows?

How’s everyone else doing in isolation?

Gabbitz - I’m so glad you’re hanging in there, everytime I see your comment I’m like “yeah!! You’re still going!!”

Gabbitz

Thanks OWLS.

So glad to hear your scan went ok.

Sounds like your doc/hospital have worse restrictions than mine. I’m still allowed 1 support person at appointments and at delivery, also for visiting after bub is born. But my son can’t come and the support person can’t be in a risk category (age or health or currently sick).

I’ve got my next follow up appointment with the cardiologist at the hospital next Thursday. I’m glad DH. An come because I have a tendency to miss some of the necessary points during the appointment. He helps me stay sane and help with all the decisions and options they present us with.

I hope the restrictions ease somewhat for you OWLS. It’s not fun feeling so isolated during this time.

Wonderstruck

Glad to hear you're both doing well.

The restrictions vary a lot. I think it also depends on the facilities.

Yesterday I was at the local public hospital (RPA) getting checked out and they were allowing 1 partner/support person at birth but not at scans or appointments due to the size of the rooms.

So far DH has been able to attend OB appointments and scans but the places we've been have big rooms. The hospital I'm delivering at (The Mater) was one of the first to restrict support people at birth to one.

It's hard as it's important for infection control but not easy for the families. I was essentially worried about MC and had to have appointments alone but in the end is safest.

Here's hoping the restrictions aren't for too long.

Going ok in isolation. A bit stir crazy but happy to be working from home given I'm feeling nauseous and headachey these days

MissHLH

Wonderstruck - what a horrible day you had. I'm glad it's okay in the end. I hope you're doing okay.

OWLS - glad the scan went okay. I don't think things will be lifted in two weeks unfortunately. Could you FaceTime/Zoom etc your husband, so even if he's not in the room he can experience a bit of the fun?

Gabbitiz - glad you can have someone with you. In stressful situations I don't tend to take anything in, although I understand it at the time (it's just later I realise I haven't remembered a word that was said...).

318359_1592215302

I more so feel for my husband. A lot of the IVF journey I was flying to Melbourne for by myself and it took a toll on the whole process. I wasn’t being scanned properly so I was either having to fly and stay for a week or fly just for a scan, then do transfer (he hated he couldn’t be there). The last time was the first time we’d been able to afford for him to fly over and now he can’t come to OB appts. He’s a very doting father so this has been hard.

On a completely different subject...I can’t eat sushi whilst I’m pregnant????!!!!! What???!! I didn’t know this!! I only eat the avocado one but just read the rice is bad as it’s kept at room temperature! I’ve literally eaten it about 5-6 times this pregnancy just avoiding fish and meats but now I’m devastated and was looking forward to my next fix! :(

Wonderstruck

It's hard OWLS. Definately try FaceTime or zoom as it might be nice. The 19 week scan is much nicer and more detailed, hopefully things will be more relaxed then.

The list of things is huge you can't eat. Rice is a big food poisoning risk. My last pregnancy I did the whole third trimester in summer and I missed sushi big time.

318359_1592215302

I hadn’t realized at all!! I just thought rice and avocado and I got it made fresh then stuck it in the fridge when I got home. I don’t think I ate sushi with my other 2 all those years ago so I think I just presumed it was the fish and meat sitting all day.

Might need to re-educate on foods to avoid apart from deli meats, pre made foods, some cheeses, runny eggs, seafood, rare meat. That’s about my list haha!!

Can you make sushi at home? Is it just the fact the rice isn’t chilled the whole day?

Wonderstruck

Made at home and handled correctly is fine.

There is a good fact sheet by NSW food authority from memory

• Like 1

MissHLH

That sucks OWLS, trying to do the whole IVF thing alone. It's suck a sucky time really. I'm trying to focus on the good (I'm pregnant and every thing is looking good - it's a miracle!), but the being alone at scans, or not being able to go buy little clothes and stuff is a bit of a bummer sometimes.

Gabbitz

Hi ladies,

I am now officially the most pregnant I’ve ever been! I’m 32 weeks today - DS was born at 2.35am on 32w +0.

So that’s a huge milestone down. Another couple of weeks would be great, but in other ways I wish it were now. I’m getting quite uncomfortable-bub seems to like sitting under my ribs. I’m also quite tired too- DS (2y) is going through a growth spurt, I think, so he’s been dropping his day nap. By dinner time, he’s so stroppy that getting food into him is painful and we have at least one major meltdown over something pointless (sometimes more!) Yesterday’s meltdown was because his dump truck didn’t turn the direction he wanted it to go, so he threw the toy across the room - meltdown 1. Meltdown 2 was when the dump truck got put up on the table because he’s not allowed to throw his toys. Ah well, we got through the day. Would just like some more sleep!

We see our OB and the cardiologist this week, so hopefully we start to work out potential timeframes.

How’s everyone else going?

• Like 1

Wonderstruck

That's great news Gabbitz. Hope you stay pregnant for as long as possible!

If it helps on the toddler meal front, I meal prep for her, freeze so I can pull them out at 5 and feed her early. I also have a stash of those Annabel Carmel or Coco and Lucas meals for lazy nights. I usually just do a slow cooker on the weekend for us, cook some pasta or rice and veg and box up some for her or do her favs and do the same so there are a few options in the freezer. It especially helped when her feeding issues and allergies were affecting her more. I'm running low as MS is making it hard at the moment.

I'm ok. I'm 9 weeks 2 days. Exhausted as DD had a fever last night and was up most of the night. Morning sickness is reducing at times but still hanging around. I'm seeing my OB for reassurance after my bleed on Wednesday. Will also do bloods to check my thyroid again.

Then just plodding along till my 13 week scan on 2 May when I will relax more and announce the pregnancy and tell DD.

BeachesBaby

I haven’t checked in for a while, been super busy with life and working from home (which is somehow more work and more stress than being in the office!), but all is well with us. Babe is measuring around the 45%, which my ob has said is nice and compact. Both of my sisters had 4kg babies, not hugely overdue or anything either, maybe just a few days. And one sister is smaller built than me and one is slightly larger built but also not big by any stretch.

Feeing really so lucky right about now, as with ivf treatments stopped for the time being I honestly don’t think I’d cope if we were still trying. This time last year I was 5 days post d&c with our first ivf babe...even thinking about how different the years are from each other, this year we’re in a new house we just bought, with one additional dog who we adore, and a 28w old healthy babe inside me kicking away. It feels so much like bragging but I hope you ladies get where I’m coming from, that I honestly feel like we’ve hit the jackpot sometimes - virus ruining all the pre-baby plans or not.

• Like 1

MissHLH

Gabbitiz - I'm sorry you're feeling so uncomfortable, but glad baby knows to stay put. Hopefully for a little while longer. It must be so difficult with a toddler as well, I can't imagine how exhausted you are feeling. I hope that your appointments this week go well.

Wonderstruck - hope the little one is feeling better and that you can get some rest. I hope the OB visit is good and that there isn't any more bleeding. The stress that would cause is unimaginable.

BB - totally understand where you're coming from. I understand why they stopped IVF, but so devastating for those still going through it. It's amazing all the things that you've been able to do in the last year, I'm glad you're feeling happy.

AFM - working super hard too. Still going to the office, but I'm one of the very few, and have my own office, so still quite isolated. I had a bad week last week, with me feeling no movement for 3 days. I tried drinking a cold sweet drink and resting. Saw my GP on Friday, and heartbeat was fine, and baby has taken up aerobics in the last few days, so feeling better. One more week until viability, so if it happens again I'll just go to hospital.

I wish I knew which hospital I was going to, hopefully will find out soon. I'm guessing there will be no classes or anything though, so that's a bit of a disappointment.

Gabbitz

Miss HLH,

I haven’t wanted to do antenatal classes this time thankfully, but our hospital was doing something online for them. Not sure of details - like do you have to be registered to join, or costs or anything. But maybe it’s worth having a look around at what the hospitals might offer. Also look around for private groups too. I read an article recently that was talking about a midwifery group that were offering classes because so many women weren’t able to join a group in person at the moment.

I also don’t know how it might work if you go through a private group, but I know classes were subsidised through private health when done through the hospital.

Whilst the classes were reassuring for a first pregnancy, the one I found most helpful (although thankfully we haven’t needed to use the knowledge) was the first aid for babies course. I was so glad that they were able to explain the differences to adult first aid options.

Wonderstruck

I second what Gabbitz has said.

I found the antenatal classes only mildly helpful but the baby first aid course I did in the lead up to birth was great. The one I did was CPR kids and it was great.

My hospital is offering online classes through a private provider and last time I claimed our classes on private health. Worth looking into. There are a lot around. I mainly found the info about birth useful but really a lot of that is available online and didnt need to be face to facd as the hospital had classes about bub while I was in there. Plus places like Tresillian and Karitane have phone services that are helpful.

Hope this helps.

Gabbitz

Hi everyone. Hope you’ve all had a good (if somewhat different) Easter.

I was happy that my husband actually had the weekend off (unusual as he often has to work public holidays as a police officer).

We live-streamed our church service (whilst still in our pjs, which was amusing!) and shared some pancakes for breakfast. After lunch we set up a zoom call with family - attempting to teach my parents (76 and 81) how to get into the zoom call. Amusing for us kids, but I suspect my parents need a few more lessons yet!

Anyway, just wanted to see if everyone else is doing ok.

AFM, we found out bub is growing well (so much so that they are actually about 4 weeks ahead of expected weight range). There have been no more scary developments heart function wise, but they still can’t tell us what might happen initially. It all still depends on how Bub goes with breathing and feeding in the first days/weeks.

However, they did indicate that with bub being bigger, it’s possible that they may not need to spend as long in NICU or SCN. So that sounds great - especially with the current earth environment.

So all in all we’re calling it a good week. As of today, I’m 33 weeks pregnant. We see my doc again at 34.5 weeks and he was talking about looking at booking me for a Caesar closer to 37 weeks because of bubs size. But we’ve gotten further now than we were with DS, so we’re going well.

IamOzgirl

Awesome news gabbitz!

I have everything crossed that you are like my friends and post birth their are no interventions required!

Wonderstruck

That's fantastic to hear Gabbitz. I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well and having a good week. I tried to post the other day and got the silly 404 forbidden error after typing a long post.

I'm crossing my fingers you keep going for as long as possible.

I'm 10 weeks 3 days. I saw OB last week at 9 weeks 5 days for reassurance after the bleed. Bub was measuring well and a good HB. My usual OB is taking a step back from delivering so will assist this new OB. The new OB is lovely. I'll probably alternate seeing them both throughout the pregnancy as they're both great and will both be there.

We discussed my complicated birth if DD with the new OB and he also agreed with my view that a planned Caesar is the way to go. DD was a big baby for me (I'm pretty small) and after giving vaginal birth a good crack I needed all the interventions and had a big bleed after the emergency Caesar.

DD is well after fevers last week which was terrifying. We will keep her home from day care for a few weeks as we are living with my parents and don't want her to bring covid home to them.

House hunting is still painful especially now so really want to find something soon.

Otherwise hanging out for my 13 week scan on 2 May so I can tell DD and everyone else!

How is everyone going?

318359_1592215302

Hi All

Hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn’t consume too many eggs.

I’m so glad to see you’re still hanging in there Gabbitz. Hopefully you last a few more weeks yet and I’m so happy for you that there’s no more heart function developments.

Wonderstruck, I’m glad DD is better now and truly it’s probably also best for you to keep her home with the whole Covid situation, there unfortunately isn’t a lot of information on pregnancy/covid19 and especially in early pregnancy since the virus is so new.

I’m starting to feel a lot better (still bouts of nausea but not the entire day). Dizziness/headaches is the most annoying thing for me atm but I go to OB tomorrow afternoon for my 12/13 week ultrasound so will also discuss. Then we will finally be able to tell ppl which is exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. I’m not sure why I’m so nervous though. We told DS & DD we were having twins over Easter lunch and DS was so happy he had tears, DD was also surprisingly happy (she’s always said as long as it’s not twins etc as it’s double the crying - ahh teenagers lol).

I’m also off of IVF medication now except continuing progesterone pessaries for the duration of pregnancy.

I hope everyone is going ok and handling restrictions etc well??

SunStarMoon

Hi all, hope it’s okay if I join in. Got the call confirming today we have a new little RSG baby on the way. I haven’t been as active on the boards this time, as I have a 21 month old. Took 3 rounds to get this little one onboard, with a chemical and then a super early period show up 4dpt. Still not convinced and thinking of all the things that could be wrong already, but hopefully it goes well and we’ll have a new baby come December.

Wonderstruck

I'm so glad to see you hear SunStarMoon! Welcome!

Gabbitz

Congratulations SunStarMoon. Hope everything goes well.

Wonderstruck

How's everyone going?

I'm 11 and a bit weeks and this stretch to the 13 week scan is dragging...iso life probably isn't helping...

I think my nausea is easing a little but still getting some migraines...bring on 2nd trimester!

SunStarMoon

I remember last time expecting good things from the 2nd trimester...I was very let down hahaha. Waiting is the worst! My scan is next week