SunStarMoon

Embryo glue

SunStarMoon

Just wondering who has used this?

dreamweaver80

Yes, I'm fairly sure it was standard with my transfers. I don't remember discussing it with my FS but it was used for all of mine.

In total, I have had 4 transfers, 3 pregnancies and 2 children. Obviously I can't say that the embryo glue led to the success but it clearly wasn't a detriment, in my case.

IamOzgirl

Neither of my clinics used it (AFAIK) I'm going to ask about it.

Froyo

Yes I used it a few times. Ultimately it made no difference for me.

Wonderstruck

I haven't used it and had one unsuccessful and one successful transfer.

I don't think my clinic even mentioned it?

I'm in the middle of my third FET now and it will be interesting to see if it's an option or recommended.

MissHLH

I didn't use it, but I did participate in a research project where the culture medium was supplemented with extra antioxidants (but I don't know which arm I was in, I keep meaning to find out).

I think if you've had repeated implantation failure it may be worthwhile, but otherwise I don't think there is heaps of evidence for it.

zeldazonk

I used it for my two FETs - the first was a chemical pregnancy and the second was successful. I think it was standard practice at my clinic.

IamOzgirl

I just had a thought.

OP you had PGD testing, I wonder if that’s why they use it.

Because if you don’t have testing they can say the embryo might have had abnormalities. But if it doesn’t then it’s implantation so glue would help?

My psych raised this yesterday with me that a chemical pregnancy is actually a positive thing, but the fact I have only had one successful transfer and one chemical in 7 transfers is not great.

I have an appt with my FS to try everything for my last embie.

Taking ideas!

We don’t think ERA or Bondi protocol will matter since I have had a full term pregnancy (although not live birth)

Froyo

I just had a thought.

OP you had PGD testing, I wonder if that’s why they use it.

Because if you don’t have testing they can say the embryo might have had abnormalities. But if it doesn’t then it’s implantation so glue would help?

My psych raised this yesterday with me that a chemical pregnancy is actually a positive thing, but the fact I have only had one successful transfer and one chemical in 7 transfers is not great.

I have an appt with my FS to try everything for my last embie.

Taking ideas!

We don’t think ERA or Bondi protocol will matter since I have had a full term pregnancy (although not live birth)

I used embryo glue with some of my tested embryos.

IamOzgirl

I used embryo glue with some of my tested embryos.

Did they on the untested?

Froyo

Yes I had it with both tested and untested. Not every transfer though.

Edited by Froyohoho

SunStarMoon

Interesting thanks. I need to go back and confirm if I had it with my successful transfer.

Could be standard at my clinic for unexplained infertility. We had great results for everything leading up to then, so maybe it could have been assumed we had implanting issues so any help they could give could only benefit

IamOzgirl

Yes I had it with both tested and untested. Not every transfer though.

Okay thanks! I didn’t want FS to use that as a reason! Cause mine are untested.

Wonderstruck

Very interesting. Ours are all PGD tested (single disease and general chromosome) and not raised. I suppose each clinic and FS have their ways

• Like 1

Gabbitz

My clinic only used embryo glue if you asked for it. But my doc showed me an article indicating that it doesn’t have any increased success over not using it. That was in 2017. Not sure if there’s any further research been done since then.

BeachesBaby

I used it on all 4 transfers, my FS uses it for everyone. Two transfers took, two didn't. So I'm not sure if it helped or not. But it wasn't that much extra on top of an already very expensive procedure, so I couldn't justify skipping something that may help.

SunStarMoon

Sounds like a FS preference, or something to try if other things aren’t working. Thanks everyone :)