Kreme

Noosaville or Mooloolaba?

Kreme

We’ve booked a last minute holiday to the Sunshine Coast next week. We have flights and I’m trying to choose accommodation.

Trying to keep the budget down and I’ve found accommodation in both Noosaville and Mooloolaba that fit our requirements (2BR apartment with 2 single beds for DD & DS, a balcony and a nice pool).

We want to go to the beach but are not the types to spend the whole day there. DS will want to kick a soccer ball around and play beach cricket. DD will want to go shopping. We’d like to hire bikes for a day. We won’t have a car so want to be able to bike/walk everywhere or a perhaps a short bus ride. We will self cater breakfast and lunch but go out for most dinners so looking for a good variety of restaurants.

What would be your preference? Kids are 13 and 12.

seayork2002

I am not sure if we went to

Noosaville so can't comment but we all (inc DS 11 then) loved

Mooloolaba

• Like 2

.Jerry.

Mooloolaba is much busier and more glam.

I am biased and love Noosaville, though some teens may not.

Noosaville has great paths for riding bikes - plenty of hire places, gorgeous rides.

Good parks along river front for playing cricket.

Can take ferry up to Noosa Heads for shopping. Not much other shopping there though.

Can go up to markets at .... (mind blank) on Wednesday and Saturday.

Plenty to do on Noosaville River. Hire kayaks, hire boat, jet ski etc.

I definitely vote Noosaville for a gorgeous relaxing holiday, though remember you will have to catch ferry or bus to go to the surf beach..

I wish I was going to Noosaville.

Loungelizzard

It will be Noosaville for me. Noosa beach is simply beautiful. Also, many more dining and shopping options in Noosa compared to Mooloolaba. Not sure about bike hire, but the local buses run every 15 mins (I think.... check the TransLink website) and they also have a free shuttle during the summer holidays.

• Like 2

.Jerry.

If staying in Noosaville though, make sure the place is close to (most are opposite) the river. There are a few places a bit removed, so not as good.

• Like 1

YodaTheWrinkledOne

Noosaville, if you want to hire bikes (relatively flat riding around the river etc). If all you want to do is hang by the pool, visit a beach for a couple of hours or have lunch by the river, Noosaville is ideal. Some great acfes there. But make sure your apartment isn't too far from the river.

If you want to do more touristy things (see aquarium, large shopping mall, etc) then Mooloolaba is more centrally located for that (closer to Maroochydore).

I prefer Noosaville, but when I was younger, I prefered Mooloolaba.

It's easy enough to hire a car and drive to wherever though. (Eumundi Markets are good to visit on Wednesdays or Saturdays)

• Like 2

seayork2002

OT but gee thanks :smile: you lot are now making we want to stay in Noosaville now!

Wondering if I should take DS and DH though :smile:

• Like 1

coastlife

Would depend on location of hotel in noosaville.

YodaTheWrinkledOne

If you find a place between Gibson Road and the river Esplanade at Noosaville, you are good to go!

• Like 1

Orangecake

Along the river in noosaville would be my preference. There are buses and a ferry to the main beach area and many nice restaurants and cafes along Gympie terrace.

Mooloolaba would be closer to the beach and likely a bit busier but still a lovely getaway too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either option :)

Edited by Orangecake
  • Like 1

magic_marker

Can go up to markets at .... (mind blank) on Wednesday and Saturday.

I think Jerry is thinking of Eumundi.

Fabulous market shopping.

• Like 3

FuzzyChocolateToes

Have done Noosaville twice. Absolutely loved it and will go again.

• Like 1

Kreme

Thanks everyone! I have booked accommodation near the riverfront at Noosaville. Can’t wait!

• Like 2

.Jerry.

Great! Noosaville is one of my most favourite places.

I grew up going to a dodgy old beach house in Noosaville every Xmas holidays for a month. Loved it.

Have been more recently most years as well.

Love staying in units across from the river.

The BBQs along the river front are usually very clean. You an walk from riverfront apartments to the Woolworths around the back and the hotel there too.

The river is lovely for swimming - there are some nice sandy spots.

I recommend hiring kayaks.

Also recommend hiring a boat and chugging (the boats go slow) up the river. Can pull up on little spots along the riverbank.

Bike hire is easy there too.

Ferry ride to Noosa Heads is pleasant. I think the bus is quicker and cheaper though. Parking is a nightmare up on Hastings Street.

Also go for a walk around the National Park at the Heads.

It's a very relaxing place to holiday in my opinion. :)

• Like 1

dadwasathome

Of the two, I vote for Noosaville. Never actually stated there, but we’ve enjoyed swimming, kayaking and pontoon boats there.

just roses

Last time I was there, we hired a boat and putted up and down the river. It was great fun! You can hire bbq boats too.

• Like 1

smilinggirl

We spend our summer holidays staying at Cotton Tree (here now!) and visit Noosa once in that time but we are mainly doing stuff at Cotton Tree, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba. Just saw your update and whetever you stay you will love it!

just roses

We spend our summer holidays staying at Cotton Tree (here now!) and visit Noosa once in that time but we are mainly doing stuff at Cotton Tree, Maroochydore and Mooloolaba. Just saw your update and whetever you stay you will love it!

How nice is the weather today? We were worried we wouldn’t get any sunny days (as lovely as it is to get much-needed rain).

gabbigirl

There is a free bus that does a loop in Noosa atm. Google go noosa - have fun! Take a kayak and head east in the river and check out the mangroves, so cool

Lucrezia Bauble

as PP said double check the location of the apartments in Noosaville...if you are too far away from the river then you’ll just be in some suburban street with nothing special to recommend it.

Elizabethandfriend

We absolutely LOVE Mooloolaba. We go there every year. Wonderful beach for all ages, heaps of restaurants, a touch of shopping, and still easy to get a car park etc if needed. The thing we love the most though is the view so if you can't get an apartment with a view of the water I would also consider Noosaville.